Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger by The Northern Ranger

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10573/?

I really don't know why this mod was not recommended yet! I used to use it in my previous playthroughs and loved it! And I'm definitely going to use it again, just awaiting a new version to be uploaded (see below).

[spoiler=Redundant]This mod adds 2 camping kits to the game, Standard and Imperial (the latter one being more compact):

[spoiler=Standard Kit contents]

1) Two Bedrolls (One for you, one Extra)
2) A Tent (you can even enter this tent by activating it to be indoors)
a) A barrel inside the tent where you can configure your tent (click barrel to see the menu). This is YOUR barrel items will not disappear.
The barrel contains some books to read and also Weaponblack, an inky black substance you smear on your weapons to improve your chances of hiding.
3) Campfire (can be ignired and doused for some Roleplaying fun)
4) Darkfire - Darkfire is a magical fire that emits heat but no light. Useful for scouts deep in enemy territory, or those who want to avoid
being seen. You can convert your regular campfire into darkfire by activating the campfire.
4) Cooking pot
5) 3 Compact Camping Chairs
6) 7 Leather Screens or Partitions 
7) An Animal Pelt (makes the ground more comfortable)
8) 2 Horse Tethering Posts (they don't actually tether horses through scripts, but you can place one on each side of your horse).
9) A fishing rack
10) An alchemy stand
11) A tanning rack
12) Barricades - useful if you want to fortify your position.

13) The ability to create flat terrain around your campsite.

[spoiler=Imperial Kit contents]

1) Two Bedrolls
2) A smaller tent
3) A campfire (and darkfire)
4) Cooking Pot (Smaller)
5) TWo compact camping chairs
6) 3 Leather Screens
7) The ability to create flat terrain around your campsite.

It's an excellent addition to Frostfall (hear me, RAGS' team?) and if you have followers, it's much better suited than the Frostfall's small, 1-person tents. The reason for this is that CKOTNR's tent is very large and you can fit multiple bedrolls inside. And, in fact, the inside is a separate interior! Awesome! 

In addition, after you set the camp in the wilds, it gets it's own map marker, so you'll always know where it is and can use it as a semi-permanent base for your voyages. 

I've never had any problems with this mod and I have recently contacted the author and provided him with a cleaned version of the ESP (there were couple of wild edits and some leftovers from the previous versions of the mod) , which will be used in the next release (Tek mentioned some new "realism settings", quite excited to see what they'll be!). 

At the moment you can buy both kit from the Riverwood trader, but perhaps they could be added to some some levelled lists in the future, so that they're available in the wider range of mechants' inventories.

Maybe some Imperial soldiers could carry the Imperial kits etc.

Overall, it's a great, well executed mod that adds a new dimension to camping in the woods and I would highly recommend it for anyone that plays with Frostfall or for ranger type characters.

::EDIT::

New Version 2.2:

Are you looking for camping gear that isn't overpowered and stays true to Tamriel lore? Do you want to be able to setup your camp the way YOU want? How about sleeping under the stars or in a tent? If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, then look no further!

This is a set of camping gear packaged together nicely into two types of portable kits and is designed for those who are traveling Skyrim and want to sleep out in the wild. You can place each piece of your camp (the tent, the bedroll, the fire, etc) exactly where you want it, and then "activate" each marker to turn them into the real thing. Selecting "pack up camp" will instantly put everything back into your kit. No messy cleanup required!

The mod also boasts a slew of other features such as establishing barricades, cooking, and much more!

The standard camping kit contains:
a) A barrel inside the tent where you can configure your tent (click barrel to see the menu). This is YOUR barrel items will not disappear.
The barrel contains some books to read and also Weaponblack, an inky black substance you smear on your weapons to improve your chances of hiding.
4) Darkfire - Darkfire is a magical fire that emits heat but no light. Useful for scouts deep in enemy territory, or those who want to avoid
being seen. You can convert your regular campfire into darkfire by activating the campfire.
4) Cooking pot
8) 2 Horse Tethering Posts (they don't actually tether horses through scripts, but you can place one on each side of your horse).
9) A fishing rack
10) An alchemy stand
11) A tanning rack

The Imperial camping kit contains:
1) Two Bedrolls
2) A smaller tent
4) Cooking Pot (Smaller)
6) 3 Leather Screens

To get this kit, craft it at a tanning rack for some leather, strips, and iron. Use both
to make an even bigger camp, or setup both of them in different parts of Skyrim.

The mod works great, makes your camp so much more luxurious.  Works a treat with followers in sandbox mode.  

It does get left out of my load order sometimes because I run of space the frostfall's basic tents simply works.

I have used and thoroughly enjoyed this mod, though mostly for followers (since I typically use Frostfall tents for myself). Lately though I've been using Camping Lite for that, since setting up camp via a power is less fussy imo.

Still, I am tempted to set up a permanent camp with CCotNR somewhere. :)

This mod combined with the sandbox mod in Simple Multiple Followers (SMF) just works perfectly.  

Picture this:  You finish adventuring and its dark and cold, you have been playing for hours and you are tired too.  You break out camp and setup the campsite (which can be complicated with other mods if you decide to setup other things like a tanning rack, cooking pot, etc.), then you have to command your follower(s) to use the darn thing, before you go to bed, normally you are already awaken before they have used anything in the camp.  Not so with SMF, pretty much the moment you make camp they start relaxing and use the camp, the setting up of this Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger is pretty simple and have a lot of furniture for your followers to interact.  It's perfect.

Edited by Garfink

• 5 months later...

A brand new version 2.2 was uploaded in July. Cleaning the file from the redundant shop related records was my little input into it :) Tek improved the mod immensely! Features of the new version:

The standard camping kit contains:
4) Cooking pot
9) A fishing rack
10) An alchemy stand
11) A tanning rack

1) Two Bedrolls
2) A smaller tent
4) Cooking Pot (Smaller)
6) 3 Leather Screens

To get this kit, craft it at a tanning rack for some leather, strips, and iron. Use both
to make an even bigger camp, or setup both of them in different parts of Skyrim.

Now it's even more amazing than it used to be :)

I really like the upgraded version.  I'm glad the shop was removed, it was a good idea at first but it was never "finished" in my opinion.  Too bare and served no purpose except to pick up the kit and the camping book.  And it wasn't too follower friendly.  Also too bad about the traps being taken out, but I guess that's better for compatibility which I will always favor.