Dreadflopps Modular patches

First off, thank you for this guide, I had been looking for a good overhauled skyrim experience and didn't really like any of the big gameplay overhauls. 

I just completed the installation and I am at the stage where I am setting up everything in the MCM. I have a few questionsr remaining though.

1) You advise to untick distribution for all the stuff added by Immersive Armors (Btw this isn't listed in the Gdocs at the end of the guide, you might want to add it). Now, I understand you need to do it to stay true to morrowloot, and not have high level stuff added by IA invade your leveled list. So, I was looking for a list of the low level stuff IA adds that I could keep distributed, for the sake of variety mostly... Or is there some kind of IA doc where I could see the stats of the stuff added ? So I can compare it to vanilla and set the distribution accordingly, following morrowloot's baseline.

2) Considering I don't have the all step core and step extended mods required to use the step patches, most of the MMO patches are also off the table... will it be a problem ?

3) The patches for some equipment mods (Lore weapon expansion and warmonger's armory) listed on Morrowloot 4E edition's page aren't mentioned in this guide. Is it because Garfink's one do the same ?

1) Check the post below yours. I have no idea how the values of the Immersive Armors compares to vanilla or if there is any official documentation.

2) There will be problems. Some unofficial patches fixes will revert to vanilla. This goes for weapons and armor fixes and clothing and clutter fixes to. Keywords from cutting room floor will be overwritten. This may break quests from that. Etc. There are only 8 mods from STEP: Core that are required, any mod in particular out of these 8 you don't use? I might be able to help you with that.

3) Warmonger wasn't added to the guide since neither of the pack authors used it. Garfink has been absent from Skyrim modding for a long time and his patches are getting outdated. That is the case of the Lore weapons expansion patch if memory serves me correctly. He didn't update his version of it. 

I'll add IW to the gdoc, thanks!

@dreadflopp

2) Ok. I misunderstood that part a bit, I thought you needed to use the STEP:core/extended patches from the original STEP guide 2.2.9 which I don't since There's some mods I don't use from both. As for the MMO patches, I'll just install the mods that I am missing to meet the requirements. Thanks!

3) Right, so I suppose using the 4E edition mod page's patch might be better for LWE in this case

@gpthree

Oh man I didn't even think to look in TESVedit. Thanks!

Well, Morrowloot does remove everything Elven+/dwemer+ from levelled list so you untick everything that's above 29(light) 34(heavy). IA seems to follow the same "rule " as vanilla for the values of other set pieces when compared to torso, so I guess basing your list on Chest piece is OK. Here's the list

Redguard Knight Heavy - 34

Redguad Knight Light- 29

Hunter Armor -32

Einherjar Brigandine Cuirass- 34

Nard Mail Shirt- 28

Nard Mail Hauberk-31

Barbarian Armor- 24

Brigand Dwemer Heavy -33

Highwayman Mail Light-27

Brigand Plate Harness 28

Ranger Armor 27

((bold : borderline, morrowloot does remove this kind of stuff from the game, I guess it is still activable if really wanting more variety, user's choice)

(underlined: OK for armor rating, but not really lore-friendly according to morrowloot's ditribution (dwarven))

Edited by volklore

edit:whoops looks like I quotes myself instead of editing. Sorry for the double post (suppressed)

I'm highjacking this to ask a subsidiary question.

Despite setting the loot rules like mentionned in the guide, loot sort my files that Way

Scarcity main plugins

Bashed patch

both scarecity 8x 6x plugins

Its weird because the boss rules in the guide mention that you have to load scarcity before Bashed patch. What is the correct order to go ?

Edited by volklore

@gpthree

Oh man I didn't even think to look in TESVedit. Thanks!

Well, Morrowloot does remove everything Elven+/dwemer+ from levelled list so you untick everything that's above 29(light) 34(heavy). IA seems to follow the same "rule " as vanilla for the values of other set pieces when compared to torso, so I guess basing your list on Chest piece is OK. Here's the list

Redguard Knight Heavy - 34

Redguad Knight Light- 29

Hunter Armor -32

Einherjar Brigandine Cuirass- 34

Nard Mail Shirt- 28

Nard Mail Hauberk-31

Barbarian Armor- 24

Brigand Dwemer Heavy -33

Highwayman Mail Light-27

Brigand Plate Harness 28

Ranger Armor 27

((bold : borderline, morrowloot does remove this kind of stuff from the game, I guess it is still activable if really wanting more variety, user's choice)

(underlined: OK for armor rating, but not really lore-friendly according to morrowloot's ditribution (dwarven))

I'll probably leave the majority of them on. Leaving off the ones that specifically state material types. To me, there's not much point of even having Immersive Armors if you arent going to see the diversity in the world since I dont particularly care to wear most of them myself. I'm thinking about removing them from crafting instead. That way I have to find someone wearing them to be able to use them. You could always make a patch that brings the armor values in line with Morrowloot distribution level. :)

@dreadflopp

3) Right, so I suppose using the 4E edition mod page's patch might be better for LWE in this case

Use my replacement plugin that you can find in the patches section of the guide. The one on the Morrowloot 4E page is outdated .

Despite setting the loot rules like mentioned in the guide, loot sort my files that Way

Scarcity main plugins

Bashed patch

both scarcity 8x 6x plugins

Its weird because the boss rules in the guide mention that you have to load scarcity before Bashed patch. What is the correct order to go ?

I made a mistake. I had accidently applied global priority to my bashed patch. It is fixed now. New LOOT priority settings in the guide. All Scarcity plugins  should be loaded just before the bashed patch.

I'll probably leave the majority of them on. Leaving off the ones that specifically state material types. To me, there's not much point of even having Immersive Armors if you arent going to see the diversity in the world since I dont particularly care to wear most of them myself. I'm thinking about removing them from crafting instead. That way I have to find someone wearing them to be able to use them. You could always make a patch that brings the armor values in line with Morrowloot distribution level. :)

And how would one do that? Would just editing the armor values with TESVedit in Hothrooper44_armorcompilation.esp worK? Then using the modified plugin as a replacement? I wouldn't need to edit any leveled list because with morrowloot alone leveled list are capped pretty fast anyway, but the added variety as you level could be a cool thing (despite not getting better stuff stats-wise).

Sorry if all these questions seem obvious, I have always sticked to complete overhauls that are so easy and that you can install without even thinking. I never even bothered to understand what a bashed patch does before starting to follow this guide, so I am fairly new at all this. (I actually started to understand a lot of new stuff by following step, and this guide, as well as reading some forum post)

Use my replacement plugin that you can find in the patches section of the guide. The one on the Morrowloot 4E page is outdated .

I made a mistake. I had accidently applied global priority to my bashed patch. It is fixed now. New LOOT priority settings in the guide. All Scarcity plugins  should be loaded just before the bashed patch

Ok! Thanks for the answers and help :)

Edited by volklore

And how would one do that? Would just editing the armor values with TESVedit in Hothrooper44_armorcompilation.esp worK? Then using the modified plugin as a replacement? I wouldn't need to edit any leveled list because with morrowloot alone leveled list are capped pretty fast anyway, but the added variety as you level could be a cool thing (despite not getting better stuff stats-wise).

Sorry if all these questions seem obvious, I have always sticked to complete overhauls that are so easy and that you can install without even thinking. I never even bothered to understand what a bashed patch does before starting to follow this guide, so I am fairly new at all this. (I actually started to understand a lot of new stuff by following step, and this guide, as well as reading some forum post)

Ok! Thanks for the answers and help :)

Yes. You can just edit the values in TESVEdit. Dont forget you'd have to edit the values for all the pieces, not just the chest piece.

With Morrowloot placed before Complete Crafting Overhaul, doesn't that kind of ease the restrictions of crafting in Morrowloot?

It does and it is the purpose. When we started this pack and was looking for mods to add me and Nico both wanted everything to be craftable. By placing CCO after morrowloot this is achieved.

It does and it is the purpose. When we started this pack and was looking for mods to add me and Nico both wanted everything to be craftable. By placing CCO after morrowloot this is achieved.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I was curious about this when deciding what to carry over on some personal compatibility patches I was playing around with.

=== Changelog ===

* 15-02-09 Updated patches and My Conflict Resolution patches (dreadflopps custom install, includes ELE/ETaC patch as well as other ELE patches). Updated link to patches. (this means I won't have to bother with file versions and links to files linking to old versions)

* 15-02-09 Added LOOT rule to Immersive armors

* 15-02-09 Added instructions to install Thunderchild - Wyrmstooth patch

* 05-02-09 Added loot rule for Enhanced lighting for ENB (dredflopps custom install)

Did some work. Some patches are added. Lots of USKP patching. Started to patch You Hunger/ETaC but gave up. To many records. Need a script...

Thanks for putting this guide together, it's been super helpful.

I'm putting together an amalgam of ERSO deleveled world, PerMA overhaul, Morrowloot loot, and various other tidbits. I noticed that you caution against installing High Level Enemies or even Deadly Dragons with ERSO deleveled world installed. Any reason why that is?