Dreadflopps Modular patches

Glad you appreciate the pack. Thanks :)In think you should install audio overhaul Skyrim. You do not need patches for it. The only thing that happens is that vanilla sounds will be played instead of AOS sounds. Just make sure it is early in the load order.I need to double check close faced helmets but I think you can play without it. I don't think it's a master to any patch and I think the patches only contains keywords from close faced helmets which does nothing if Close faced helmets is not installed. Need to double check that later though.

Yeah, neither AOS nor CFH are masters to any patch, I realized that shortly after posting.

A few things that came up:

First of all in Morrowloot 4e, you mention adding bash tags on morrowloot.esp, but then it gets deleted? Are we supposed to make the bashed patch before deleting it?

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, it's the first time I bother so much with leveled lists, as such, I'm kinda walking in blind :P

Also, Immersive Armors. What exactly does your patch do to it? Are the high level armors completely gone? (Especially the Daedric Lord armor, which I'm going to use as a replacer if that's the case).

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Marthenil

Yeah, neither AOS nor CFH are masters to any patch, I realized that shortly after posting.

A few things that came up:

First of all in Morrowloot 4e, you mention adding bash tags on morrowloot.esp, but then it gets deleted? Are we supposed to make the bashed patch before deleting it?

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, it's the first time I bother so much with leveled lists, as such, I'm kinda walking in blind :P

Also, Immersive Armors. What exactly does your patch do to it? Are the high level armors completely gone? (Especially the Daedric Lord armor, which I'm going to use as a replacer if that's the case).

Thanks for the replies.

* AOS is master to all patches that patches AOS.

* Not stupid at all, it's me not being clear enough. I need to clarify this, you are not supposed to untick morrowloot.esp from Morrowloot 4E edition. You are supposed to untick morrowloot.esp from the mesh fix you downloaded so it doesn't overwrite the morrowloot.esp from the Morrowloot 4E that we want to use.

* Immersive armors places its armors on some NPCs. This gets overwritten by some mods (RotE if I remember correctly). My patch places them back on these NPCs. Nothing is removed. I recommnend removing Immersive armors from the leveled lists using CCOR. All armors can still be crafted.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

* AOS is master to all patches that patches AOS.

* Not stupid at all, it's me not being clear enough. I need to clarify this, you are not supposed to untick morrowloot.esp from Morrowloot 4E edition. You are supposed to untick morrowloot.esp from the mesh fix you downloaded so it doesn't overwrite the morrowloot.esp from the Morrowloot 4E that we want to use.

* Immersive armors places its armors on some NPCs. This gets overwritten by some mods (RotE if I remember correctly). My patch places them back on these NPCs. Nothing is removed. I recommnend removing Immersive armors from the leveled lists using CCOR. All armors can still be crafted.

Aha, thanks for clarifying. I'll continue according to plan.

About morrowloot, I thought as much initially, but then again I didn't notice there was an esp in the mesh fix, hence my confusion. Feel free to grumble at mod users jumping and bothering with questions without double-checking themselves, totally justifiable :D 

Edited by Marthenil

Leveling redesigned looks good as long as it works with the Uncapper/better leveling. I get some concerns on the balance of the mod though when reading the comments. Also, one of the things this mod fixes is already fixed (for me) by my play style. If I play a stealth character I spend my perk points on stealth skills etc. The mod still looks good though but I think it needs to be tested with different type of characters. If you try, please tell us how it went.Garfink suggested Loot and Degradation but it was poorly made with a lot of unnecessary edits that messed up the game. It would for example change a lot of location names to French. This is a cut and paste from a conversation between me Garfink and Nicopad: weapons and armor degradation has several [conflicts]. It seems to change weapon type of several weapons from iron to steel and thus conflicting with WAF. It uses keywords but it looks a little random to me but did a quick check only. Since it says it works with new weapon mods it shoudn't have to make changes to the vanilla weapons. Lastly it has several places names in french! Don't know if this shows in-game but it shows as conflicts in TES5Edit and leads me to believe that it is not very well written.Garfink confitmed that locations was translated to French in game. This was a long time ago, the mod may have been fixed.EDIT: we are talking about different mods. I was talking about Weapons and armor degradation. Loot and degradation looks awesome!

Lol, sorry, I should have included a link.  I was going to say I don't know when they looked at it last but, well, in Isoku we trust!  :-)  I remember them talking about WAD and, yeah, it seemed to have a lot of issues but Isuko has really ironed out the kinks in his take on the concept, LAD, and added a ton of features, such as widgets similar to ineed, and it really does kick ass.  The fact that your weapon degrades and eventually breaks and the fact that npcs will now loot corpes, limiting your ability to, are both amazing features and things that would fit into this pack perfectly.  Another mod you might want to check out is Simple Taxes.

I see what you're saying about leveling redesigned and, yes, one way to do it is just to give your perks to a particular type, like stealth.  This mod, however, makes it much more difficult than that.  You only can assign perks to stealth, for example, when you level up in stealth (at least if I'm understanding it correctly).  So if you run around killing a bunch of things with your sword (combat) you will be limited to assigning a perk to a combat related perk.  No more pimping up sneak and lockpicking by using combat and magic.  Also, when you level up due to combat you gain +10 to health and cannot assign it to stealth or magic.  Basically your playstyle defines what type of character you become, you don't get to manage your abilities by "cheating" the system (no more spending time in the forge in order to build up magic and combat).  

I'm trying it out and not sure about compatability, however.  I'm using skyre and the uncapper and got to level 1 but the leveling system was vanilla.  I'm not sure if it's incompatible or too many scripts on my end, however, so I'm trying a different set up to check it out (also switched to better leveling - kickass to save me some time).  Another thing I'm not sure about is if it has 3 different experience bins (combat, stealth, magic), which I assume it must, and which could hypothetically lead to 3 quick level ups (combat, stealth and magic if your doing a bit of each type of action as the game goes on) or if it's only due to which ever you were doing last (ie you're about ready to level up and go over the threshold by picking a lock, giving you a stealth restricted perk.  This, of course, would be stupid and make the mod basically worthless in my view so I doubt that this is how it would work but I can't be sure yet.)

Anyway, I'll let you know if I have any luck with it and what I think.  There weren't any conflicts in tes5edit, btw, mainly because it adds its own new fields for most ever edits (except 1, which seemed minor).

Sharlikrans Compatibility Patches, question. Do we need the Jaysus Sword patch and Jaysous Swords, or just the main sword mod?

Sharlikrans used to include all files from Jaysus but apparently it doesn't anymore. Since we are not using the plugins, Sharlikrans is no longer needed. Download and install Jaysus Sword 13c+13d update and disable the plugins. I will update the pack with this information.

Another mod you might want to check out is Simple Taxes.

Looks great too. Will probably need some balancing with this pack since we have less money than in vanilla. If you come to any conclusion regarding that (if you use the mod that is), let me know. Otherwise I will do it but it will take some time. I play slow and I don't have a house yet.

I see what you're saying about leveling redesigned and, yes, one way to do it is just to give your perks to a particular type, like stealth.  This mod, however, makes it much more difficult than that.  You only can assign perks to stealth, for example, when you level up in stealth (at least if I'm understanding it correctly).  So if you run around killing a bunch of things with your sword (combat) you will be limited to assigning a perk to a combat related perk.  No more pimping up sneak and lockpicking by using combat and magic.  Also, when you level up due to combat you gain +10 to health and cannot assign it to stealth or magic.  Basically your playstyle defines what type of character you become, you don't get to manage your abilities by "cheating" the system (no more spending time in the forge in order to build up magic and combat).  

I like the concept of this and that it prevents cheating but I'm worried that it may unbalance the game and force you to use combat skills even if you are a magician and so on, just for carry weight etc. It is immersive though. And as some people stated in the comment section of the mod on the nexus, it seems that leveling up magic gives lesser rewards than leveling up stealth/combat. If you come to any conclusion let me know!

Another thing I'm not sure about is if it has 3 different experience bins (combat, stealth, magic), which I assume it must, and which could hypothetically lead to 3 quick level ups (combat, stealth and magic if your doing a bit of each type of action as the game goes on) or if it's only due to which ever you were doing last (ie you're about ready to level up and go over the threshold by picking a lock, giving you a stealth restricted perk.  This, of course, would be stupid and make the mod basically worthless in my view so I doubt that this is how it would work but I can't be sure yet.)

Anyway, I'll let you know if I have any luck with it and what I think.  There weren't any conflicts in tes5edit, btw, mainly because it adds its own new fields for most ever edits (except 1, which seemed minor).

I believe it is 3 different bins that on their own decides when you will get a perk and if that perk is stealth, combat or magic. All 3 together decides when you will level up. This is how I believe it works anyway. This means you could level up without getting a perk if you used say stealth and combat just as much but, the next time you level up you wil get one of each.

These 3 "bins" is th reason why I asked if it is compatible with the uncapper if you in the uncapper changes how many perk points you are going to get.

Thank you for taking the time to make this guide, it's wonderful. 

Now, on to some installation questions.

I do not use all of the STEP mods.

I've been looking into your patches, most of it is fine, but I'm concerned about these mainly: 

Revenge of the enemies, end game NPCs and of course, Morrowloot.

Mods I don't use from the required STEP mods for the patches: 

• Audio overhaul Skyrim
  • Improved Closefaced Helmets ( I personally think most of them look horrible, even if a bit more "immersive", but I digress)

What can I do?

I mainly skipped Audio Overhaul because, while I appreciate it, I am content with vanilla sounds enough to not bother with all those patches AOS needs. I suppose I can install that if needed.

As for ICH, I simply don't like the mod, and I'd really like to not have to install it.

I need to correct what I wrote before. The patch for TTR Smithing (#510) is the only one that needs closefaced helmets. It is a master to that patch. If you use that patch let me know and I'll make a version without the need for closefaced helmets.

Thanks for the responses, dreadflopp.  I'll let you know if I reach a conclusion (or if I play with them at all, using them with skyre and the uncapper is turning into more of a pain in the ass than I think it might be worth).

I saw your edit to the morrowloot instructions and wanted to say it might seem a bit confusing to some.  The sentence "we only want to use morrowloot.esp from the morrowloot 4E edition" might make some think that they should install the meshes from the original morrowloot and ONLY install the esp from 4E.  I think most will know what you mean (at least I hope I do, or I've really got some problems going on in my install!)  but I've followed these forums long enough to know that there will undoubtedly be some who are confused.  Not a big deal, of course, just thought I'd try and save you from any future headaches (and let you enjoy more time to actually play the game.  Spoiler alert, but I hear there's actually a dragon hidden somewhere in the game.  Apparently it's not quite as cool as "Adventure" was but, well, it's a dragon none-the-less).

dreadflopp, that's for the info. Another question, Thunderchild mentions not to clean it. Should I follow that rule or since you put together a compatibility patch I should clean the esp?

EDIT:  Also, I'm just now getting back into the amazing and wonderful (read: goddamn nightmare) that is Skyrim, so if you need a test dummy that's getting back into the swing of things, I'm down.  Also, your sig should have "keep that d on the low, and twice on the p".

Edited by Veezy

Thanks for the responses, dreadflopp.  I'll let you know if I reach a conclusion (or if I play with them at all, using them with skyre and the uncapper is turning into more of a pain in the ass than I think it might be worth). I saw your edit to the morrowloot instructions and wanted to say it might seem a bit confusing to some.  The sentence "we only want to use morrowloot.esp from the morrowloot 4E edition" might make some think that they should install the meshes from the original morrowloot and ONLY install the esp from 4E.  I think most will know what you mean (at least I hope I do, or I've really got some problems going on in my install!)  but I've followed these forums long enough to know that there will undoubtedly be some who are confused.  Not a big deal, of course, just thought I'd try and save you from any future headaches (and let you enjoy more time to actually play the game.  Spoiler alert, but I hear there's actually a dragon hidden somewhere in the game.  Apparently it's not quite as cool as "Adventure" was but, well, it's a dragon none-the-less).

A dragon you say... :)

I edited the morrowloot instructions again. Since English is not my native language it can be tricky at times. I want the instructions to be clear to avoid confusion. Let me know if they are still unclear.

I am playing with TTRSO + SSO + SPO. Working very well.

Maybe we have to many acronyms, but SSO? Do you mean Stealth skills rebalanced (SSR) ?

dreadflopp, that's for the info. Another question, Thunderchild mentions not to clean it. Should I follow that rule or since you put together a compatibility patch I should clean the esp?

EDIT:  Also, I'm just now getting back into the amazing and wonderful (read: goddamn nightmare) that is Skyrim, so if you need a test dummy that's getting back into the swing of things, I'm down.  Also, your sig should have "keep that d on the low, and twice on the p".

Haha would be a good sig :)

Stick to that rule, I only clean mods that STEP, SR:LE or LOOT tells me to clean.

Alright, another thing I'd like to ask:

Any of you tried Alternative Crafting System- I don't want to be a blacksmith with MMO? Does it work well?

It's also recommended by the Morrowloot 4E author.

The mod looks good but there are several reports in the comments section about the mod not working as intended with SkyRe or SPERG. I'm guessing it may have problems with SPO or TTRSO too.