Dreadflopps Modular patches

100 edits might be a small exaggeration... But not by much... USKP patch day *shudder*.

I might be complaining about it (in jest, of course) but I can't imagine going through and finding them all and then updating the page as cleanly as you do.  You must have quite the system down to have gotten them all as quick as you did.  I was exhausted just refreshing the "recent changes" page and seeing your edits piling up.

I wonder how I should forward the USKP fixes in 0004E93E, 0004E93F, 000B62F2 for "Empowered Magic" ("Or" - conditions are present, I don't wanna break the condition chain) and the fixes in 000F3921 for "Breezehome Fullly Upgradable" (depends on if the BFU author needs the marker for something).... Hm...

That BFU is a real nice mod, I use that as well.  I don't have any advice for what to forward but I'd love to get your updated files when you're done, if you don't mind sharing that and enpowered magic (though I saw the author responded this past weekend so I'm hoping he's pro-active about it).

Great.. I accidently threw a fish stick on a plate that was full of water... *glug glug glug* bye bye fish stick. 1 less to eat, damn. *cooking skill increased by 0.5%*, some of the sticks are almost black. /offtopic.

That BFU is a real nice mod, I use that as well.  I don't have any advice for what to forward but I'd love to get your updated files when you're done, if you don't mind sharing that and enpowered magic (though I saw the author responded this past weekend so I'm hoping he's pro-active about it).

Yeah I can send you the file once I'm done with it (Hearthfire version). I asked the author of BFU about the issue and will wait for his answer.

Edited by blattgeist

Great.. I accidently threw a fish stick on a plate that was full of water... *glug glug glug* bye bye fish stick. 1 less to eat, damn. *cooking skill increased by 0.5%*, some of the sticks are almost black. /offtopic.Yeah I can send you the file once I'm done with it (Hearthfire version). I asked the author of BFU about the issue and will wait for his answer.

Would like to know as well. Thanks.

Ok the Empowered Magic changes that I had problems with earlier are not necessary to forward. The author somehow implemented these "fixes" on his own already when building the mod. I'm wondering about the fix for the staff of Jyrik Gauldurson though:

Equipping the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson is also meant to apply Jyrik's Blessing, which increases Magicka and Magicka regeneration. However the script to apply the effect is not actually attached to the item.

Leasm fixed the staff on his own.. at least he claims that he did.. cause all I see is the magic skill of the staff changed from Restoration to Destruction and the enchantment amount upped to 1500 instead of 1000. An actual fix would involve a script.. like the USKP did. I forwarded the script to the staff from USKP now but left leasm's magic skill and enchantment amount changes intact. I guess.. that simply means that the staff is a bit stronger now and will scale from destruction instead of restoration magic.

All USP quests done, waiting for rewards (aka answers from mod authors :D)

Edited by blattgeist

Thanks to thordir on his RS Children patches page I've figured out why my bandits have grey faces but I'm a little uncertain as to his directions on how to fix it.  I know it's through the ck and I use the merged patch and then export it but I'm a little fuzzy on the details yet.  I've merged the populated forts and the populated dungeons esps and named it pop mp.esp.  Can anyone give me the basic steps on what I do in the ck to generate the appropriate face gen data?  He said to export it and listed 3 files I would have as output but I'm confused what to do with those files and what, exactly, to do in the ck in the first place (alright, honestly, the ck is foreign to me.  I might as well be downloading my mods in German). 

Thanks to anyone who cares to help me out.

edit:  Nevermind.  I'm actually really surprised at the quality of some of the tutorials out there for the ck.  Maybe I'll get this whole internet thing down yet.

Edited by cstarkey42

Thanks to thordir on his RS Children patches page I've figured out why my bandits have grey faces but I'm a little uncertain as to his directions on how to fix it.  I know it's through the ck and I use the merged patch and then export it but I'm a little fuzzy on the details yet.  I've merged the populated forts and the populated dungeons esps and named it pop mp.esp.  Can anyone give me the basic steps on what I do in the ck to generate the appropriate face gen data?  He said to export it and listed 3 files I would have as output but I'm confused what to do with those files and what, exactly, to do in the ck in the first place (alright, honestly, the ck is foreign to me.  I might as well be downloading my mods in German). 

Thanks to anyone who cares to help me out.

Do we need to use CK to merge RS Children? None mention in SRLE guide. Neo has merging instruction using only TES5Edit merging script.

@cstarkey42: I think that ACE Archery conflicts with WAF's faster arrows file. mhm.. :/ That would require another extensive patching round.

Nah I skip it.. nice features but it is too intrusive for me. It fiddles with eagle, steady hands, bound bow damage and sneak levels. These are all things that are covered by other mods that I use. Maybe the armory module is better for me. *checking it out*.

The following are new perks with new codes (XX depends on load order):XX001DA0 = = Deflect Criticals 2XX003DF1 = = Armored Mage 1XX003DF0 = = Armored Mage 2

Hm.. I assume that enemies don't have access to the 3 new perks, unless I use ASIS' perks feature. But they will benefit from the changed perks, right? Like "Deflect criticals 1" was originally "Conditioning", which means that enemies which had the "Conditioning" Perk" will now have the "Deflect Criticals 1" perk. AmIright? :)

OK.. I checked the perks with the SSR patch loaded in Tes5Edit. It's kinda tricky to make a decision. ACE changes a few lower/no weight and higher armor rating perks in favor of other effects.. hmm... I don't know how I feel about the loss of the conditioning perk. It basically means that you can't sneak in heavy armor at all anymore when also using SSR, cause SSR ties the sneak chance to the weight of your worn armor.

On the other hand.. who sneaks in heavy armor.. huh. Makes sense.

So the last decision marker is if losing the armor bonus is worth it (212% Vanilla vs 73%-102% ACE). Combine ACE Armory with DUEL and physical combat is even deadlier, cause you and your enemies will have a very low armor bonus. That's something I'd like to circumvent somehow cause I find DUEL's physical damage boost high enough already.

A way to get around this is by using High Level Enemies Armor scaling plugin.. and modifying the value to double default. Maybe.

Edited by blattgeist

Yeah Isokus new mod is pretty neat. It looks super clean in Tes5Edit cause it's all scripted. You can toggle every part of the mod on and off in the MCM.

My settings are "low" for the enchanted/tempered equipment chance, and "high" for the actual degradation part. NPC loot is set to "off" because I don't wanna run after a friendly NPC's head after they killed my prey. :P

Edited by blattgeist

@blattgeist

The read me has ace smithing, armor and enchanting specifically listed as compatible with waf but it doesn't say anything about archery so, yeah, I'll have to look into that.  I'm not sure how old the read me is, either, and waf has changed a lot so I'll see what I can find.  The best you can do with heavy armor is, for a ha rating of 70+, a -40% sneak ability.  Yeah...ouch...  Of course this isn't counting the sneak perks and whatever ssr throws at you but, honestly, I do like it because it does make it much more realistic.  You really shouldn't be completely silent in HA and the perks are instead focused on defense and strength type skills and attributes.  With SkyUI a light armor set is just an F1 away so it does make you come prepared.  I like the sound of it but let's see if I still feel the same way come level 40.  What ACE taketh away, however, ACE giveth so there are a lot of other parts to the mod that sound very appealing so we'll see what my verdict is once I've actually played with it for a bit.  I'm sort of stuck in a skyre state of mind so I'm not sure how well I'm going to adapt to any other overhaul but I've got to try something else, finally.  (Although I did sneak Skyre Enemy AI into my load order instead of ERSO so I'm not completely free from the skyre drug.)  ACE also seems a bit light on the number of perks also, again, especially compared to skyre, so that's beginning to make me think twice as well.

I keep going back and forth on Duel.  I was convinced to go with it but now everyone just plays like a turtle again so I don't know.  Deadly combat is so much better in some regards but the stagger from arrows and magic gets old, real fast.

Hm...

Question from the ACE comments section:

Is there any way to just outright remove the "Low Armor" debuff from this mod? I like everything but that. I'm playing a caster. I don't want to wear armour, both types of armour produce a penalty to spellcasting. Having a LARGE chance of taking 50% more damage is like getting Power Attacked every 3rd attack. I can get killed in one hit pretty easily, in fact it happens most of the time.

Is the fact that I'm not wearing armour, and therefore have a low armour rating, not penalty enough for wearing no armour?

Answer from the ACE comments section:

I do not know what that is. Is that something from Realistic Fighting? I would recommend switching to another combat mod at this point as RF was experimental when it was made and there are others out there that are more mature and stable now. Some people have had issues with it. Make sure to check the readme if you need to use a console code before you remove it.

Yeah.. I agree with that. Not wearing clothing is already enough loss of protection in my opinion. The plugin might work well alongside other combat mods but it looks like it's a bit over the top on some parts.

I guess I will only use the armory module, once I've sorted out how to get around the low armor bonus.

Edit: Can someone who is using "Breezehome Fully Upgradable" take a look into the USKP/UHFP forwards for that? Here are the 2 cases where I am not sure if forwarding the changes is ok: image #1, image #2.

I asked the author in the forum of BFU about the matter but haven't gotten an answer so far.

Mhm.. noone knows?

Edited by blattgeist

Edit: Can someone who is using "Breezehome Fully Upgradable" take a look into the USKP/UHFP forwards for that? Here are the 2 cases where I am not sure if forwarding the changes is ok: image #1image #2.

I asked the author in the forum of BFU about the matter but haven't gotten an answer so far.

With all of the scripts and changes that that mod makes to the house I'm not sure if he intentionally left those out or not.  

It's very tricky to find out which changes and fixes are fine to forward and which are not. A task that is very time consuming to be honest... I skipped most of the hearthfire.esm changes that were left out in the mod because the mod should function with the vanilla values that were used as well. I assume that the HF changes are just small tweaks that are not really necessary.

Regarding the 2 screenshots, I forwarded the 2nd one and left the first one intact as is. I guess that the decorate marker script property might be required by the mod. I tested my changes ingame with screenshots on all beds to see if anything changed. All was fine. The mod has a compatiblity issue with Live Another Life though... If anyone uses both mods together you should avoid the breezehome start in LAL. Cause you can't change the study into a child's room then.

Edited by blattgeist

Thanks to thordir on his RS Children patches page I've figured out why my bandits have grey faces but I'm a little uncertain as to his directions on how to fix it. I know it's through the ck and I use the merged patch and then export it but I'm a little fuzzy on the details yet. I've merged the populated forts and the populated dungeons esps and named it pop mp.esp. Can anyone give me the basic steps on what I do in the ck to generate the appropriate face gen data? He said to export it and listed 3 files I would have as output but I'm confused what to do with those files and what, exactly, to do in the ck in the first place (alright, honestly, the ck is foreign to me. I might as well be downloading my mods in German). Thanks to anyone who cares to help me out.edit: Nevermind. I'm actually really surprised at the quality of some of the tutorials out there for the ck. Maybe I'll get this whole internet thing down yet.

I tried the CK. Which 3 files are the output? There are a lot of files in overwrite folder (texture). Thanks. Edited by thaiusmle