Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Okay, I've got some time to test and this is what I'm looking at:

There are probably that I had on my short list, but I don't have time to search around for everything. Anyways, this is a good start. I'll actually have a couple days this week to do some testing too.

Okay, I've got some time to test and this is what I'm looking at:

[*]NV Bounties I - It is done, just been waiting to finish testing part 2 before adding it

[*]NV Bounties II - Almost done testing it.

[*]Collision Mesh Overhaul - This looks promising and the author seems to make great mods.

[*]Better Metal Impact VFX - Adds effects so fire fights pop a bit more.

[*]Dragonskin Tactical Outfit - Great looking clothing/armor and back packs.

There are probably that I had on my short list, but I don't have time to search around for everything. Anyways, this is a good start. I'll actually have a couple days this week to do some testing too.

I've actually been curious about this. What is the actual process of testing mods like that? (Not quest mods) Would it just be testing what that mod does in different scenarios or is it playing the game for awhile with that mod installed.

Testing the mod with the current guide installed and seeing if major issues arise, that is for gameplay mods. Texture mods would be screenshots compared to what is currently in the guide.

I also like just straight up reviews of mods. I take STEP member's reviews over anyone else's.

One thing that I like to do during testing is purposely break the mod to see if it can be done easily.

Well, that was a bit of a disaster. My testing saves are completely borked. I have purple glowing spots all over my character and when I tried to remove all the clothing, she was wearing a duster and jeans with all kinds of clipping. I hate starting a new game to test, but if I must then that is what I'm going to do.

Alright I've done some preliminary LOOT testing as well. The LOOT load order is going to need some work, so I'll have to go about getting some updates over to the Beth forums thread.

Going to be hard to recommend using LOOT until I have some serious time to look through the load order the way I did for STEP. And I really went through it, like record by record. BOSS did a good enough job until now so that is fine with me to keep using it.

The impact effects vfx mod looks pretty good in game. Nice when shooting metal signs to see some sparks, especially at night. I'll add it in pretty soon. Collision Mesh Overhaul is working good too. You can actually shot through certain things like the tower hand rails and wooden boards in the farmhouses so that mod is going in as well.

With my level 27 testing character totally jacked up, I'm going to have to power run through NV Bounties, so that will take a bit of time. Dragonskin Tactical Outfit looks amazing, but I'm going to make the Bonus pack optional since it adds a ton of different variants and using that many in game will be the players choice, I don't want that many for myself. That mod also needs more testing though, but I like what I saw as long as I solve a couple issues I had with skin and pip boy textures. They are probably file overwrite problems, so it won't take to long to troubleshoot. The other two mods will go in tomorrow when I get home from doing some work. I'll also update the pdf version for users that seem to like that.

Ncrvet has another video up of Virada Enb. Personally I am still not to enthused by it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDUOmlssL8 I think my go to is still going to be Enhanced Shaders, though I do like the effects of Rudy, I just wish it didn't ruin the sky. Like everything about Rudy is good but that ugly sky.

As for Dragonskin, I didn't care for it. It doesn't "feel" like New Vegas to me. If anyone would be kitted out in that sort of wear it would be the Boomers, and they are not.

Hey EssArrBee have you by chance heard about the pack that is being put together by Dragbody and his minions to create a replacer pack for the wasteland? For my personal taste it will likely need some heavy edits, but I am still looking forward to see what gets done. I know the preview shots offered of the Great Khans were pretty sexy. I think its being released as a Vgu exclusive so it really won't be available for the guide, but still, something sexy to look forward to.

Edited by Livnthedream

As for Dragonskin, I didn't care for it. It doesn't "feel" like New Vegas to me. If anyone would be kitted out in that sort of wear it would be the Boomers, and they are not.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I've never felt that the Dragonskin mod fit the Fallout style either, even way back when it was a Fallout 3 mod.

It seems to me that the extremely high quality of military grade equipment is something might survive. That material just doesn't wear down like everything else. The parts that I really like though are the tactical vests. Any survivalist types would value those immensely, even in the desert. Also the face covers and helmets are something people would use a lot.

I'm having problems with the mod anyways so it is a mute point.

I don't think I knew about dragbody's new mod, but I'll look into it when I get a chance. He uses lots of textures from emerald reign and cabal so it will probably be a good mod.

Do you know which of those new mods in your list (Someguy Series, NV Bounties I, Collision Mesh Overhaul, or Better Metal Impact [i don't really care to add the Dragonskin one though]) can be added to a game already in progress?  I would like to add what I can without resorting to starting a new game.  I really like the sound of the CMO and BMI mods the most.

https://vgunetwork.forumotion.net/ <---VGU

You have to earn the membership to get to download the vast majority of files, and most of the stuff in Dragbody's packs are rips from other games. His older pack is something like 10gigs of meshes and textures for armors. This new replacer pack is going through and grabbing ones that "feel" lore friendly to the Fallout Universe.

https://vgunetwork.forumotion.net/ <---VGU You have to earn the membership to get to download the vast majority of files, and most of the stuff in Dragbody's packs are rips from other games. His older pack is something like 10gigs of meshes and textures for armors. This new replacer pack is going through and grabbing ones that "feel" lore friendly to the Fallout Universe.

I don't think this will ever make it into the pack aside from the 10 gigs you need to EARN a membership to get the download? What?

I'm not against a 10 gig download because it is big so much as that it is unstable. I'd rather it broken into maybe 10 files and then I could put it on my private VPN and give out a torrent for it with MD5 checksums to verify integrity, though torrents can have that built in if you know what you are doing.

Mostly, though I imagine that something that large would flood the game with so many items that the leveled lists would crash the game. If they happen to be distributed in any way through the factions then you are really asking a lot of the engine to load all those references. My game already has some problems with script latency since I tend to have lots of open quests, so 10 gigs of armor/weapons on top of the 10 gigs of crap already in the game will just bring Gamebryo to it's knees.