Sign in to follow this  
wolverine2710

Customizable Spoilers

Question

With the previous forum software spoiler tags like [spoiler=error log of MO] was possible. This replaced the standard 'spoiler' text with 'error log of MO'. This made the spoilers more usable imho. The new forum software does not have this functionality. If technical possible I would like to request  this functionality.

4 answers to this question

While you are at it, might also be a good idea to make aliases for [spoilerbutton] and [sblock], two other commonly used ways to mark spoilers in BBcode.

Optional title support added. The current downside is that if no title is added, there is no default text (normally "Spoiler"). Limitation of the custom settings in IPB. I will rectify this later by creating a custom bbcode plugin. I will also be adding an additional feature to allow showing the contents of a spoiler in an HTML popup without having to expand it in the post itself (but you will still be able to expand in post as well).

[spoiler='whatever']some hidden text[/spoiler]

[spoiler=whatever]some hidden text

[spoiler]some hidden text[/spoiler]

some hidden text

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By z929669
      Please report any "issues" related to the new forums by posting on existing or creating new threads under this forum.

There should not be any bugs per se, but users having problems with navigation/posting/general use of the new forums should do so.  Same goes for enhancement requests as per usual.

Please revive an existing thread before creating a new one ... review threads and search before posting!
    • By darkside
      I would like your opinion about special badge for "Pack Authors" or "Guide authors". For example - SRLE, SRLE Extended, dreadflopp's modular patches, REGS, F&LNV, C&PD FO3, B.A.B.Y (FO4), many more

There are many members here contribute so much to this community. 
      I know that they don't need this, but I would ask anyway.

Thanks! 
    • By TechAngel85
      Just putting a feeler out there to see if we can get a syntax highlighter extension on the wiki. I'm writing a guide which will have quite a bit of XML code examples in it and right now the code is defined with
      tags. It's going to be quite big so syntax highlighting would do wonders for this new guide to help users keep track. 
      EDIT:
      https://wiki.step-project.com/User:TechAngel85/Sandbox2