Silver items turned to normal

Something extremely weird happened today. I looted numerous houses in Whiterun (but not just there) over the past days for silver decorations (all those candlesticks, goblets etc.) I'd smelt into ingots, and today after I visited random places again I got the impression everything that used to be silver turned into regular stuff. This got confirmed when I opened a house chest where I store that sort of loot - all the items lost the silver status. What the heck? How could something like that happen?

Nono, just the stuff you find in houses. Candlesticks, vases, goblets, plates, that kind of stuff. Instead of "silver goblet" it now says "goblet". I think the textures changed as well, but that might just be my impression (they don't seem to look too silver anymore...).

What's even more weird is that after I posted this thread, I found out they are still technically silver, because they would show up in smelter menu (but still without the silver part of the names).

I assume something somewhere bugged out really badly, and I'm considering starting a new game, because this doesn't look good at all. This is proper WTF material.

I think (but not sure) this happened after (but wasn't caused by) I actually created the patch. But I'll try.

I did exactly what the guide said. I got a message telling me to disable some plugins first, but I assumed it wasn't relevant to me when using MO.

Oh btw I assume I am supposed to create the bashed patch after everything else, and place it at the end of load order, after DSR patch.

Edited by Octopuss

Oh btw, if any of the wiki editors reads this, it would be nice to add a short explanation what does Bashed patch actually do. It's a bit weird to have all these instructions that say "do this, this, this and that" without actually knowing the purpose. It's fine with mod installation instructions, but not with something that could confuse people to think it's only relevant to using different mod manager.