Morrowloot 4E Edition by Fuma

Allsunday

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50740

Original Morrowloot (by Trainwiz) description:

I can't be the only one who loathes Oblivion and Skyrim's levelled loot system in its entirety. What's the point of exploring when every single dungeon has randomly generated loot based off your level? And, after waiting to see if anyone shared my sentiments about this and fixed it, and seeing nothing, I decided to make my own.

Now, there are a few mods that de-level Skyrim's loot system. Mine's a bit different.

It says "Loot system, nobody likes you" and gets rid of it almost entirely.

Instead, it takes a Morrowind approach, and puts those armors and weapons out in the world. Now the player may actively explore places to discover objects, as they'll be hidden in dungeons (and logically hidden, so no more orc weapons in dwemer ruins), worn by people, and similar. It also tweaks a few things to encourage this aforementioned exploration.

Morrowloot 4E Edition, what's changed?:

1) Elven, Glass, Ebony, and Orcish equipment recipes are craftable again, however there will be a race and smithing skill requirements for them:

-- Altmers can craft Elven and Glass equipment as soon as they obtain the appropriate smithing perk.

-- Orcs can craft Orcish equipment as soon as they obtain the appropriate smithing perk.

-- Any other race will need more levels in smithing in order to craft those equipment. To be exact, you will need an extra 20 points in your Smithing skill level to be able to craft them.

-- Ebony can be crafted by anyone, but has to be done on the Skyforge. Lore-wise you need the best forges in order to craft ebony. The Skyforge is one of them.

2) Dwarven equipment is craftable, but will require the Ancient Knowledge perk you get from one of the quests in the game.

3) Adds a few more hand placed items. Specifically mage items like spell tomes, staves, and mage clothing, since Morrowloot seems to focus more on armors and weapons.

I love morrowloot and I think the requirements Fuma added really make sense. Not only does he add high level recipes crafting back to the game with nice skill/race requirements, he hand placed MORE items, is going to give us DLCs support, already gave us Lore Weapons Expansion support (and is working on Heavy Armory) and is probably going to add notes/books with hints so you can find hidden hand placed items.

In my opinion, this is awesome. Morrowloot was awesome but last night Trainwiz said in /tesg/ he's not interested in modding Skyrim right now and another project (Nanosteam) is taking over.

Maybe a lot of people didn't even know about Morrowloot or didn't like the "no high level crafting" idea (there was a version that added recipes back but it's outdated if I remember correctly).

Give it a try! It's game changing.

[video=youtube]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqSlq-kfRSo

In my opinion, this is awesome. Morrowloot was awesome but last night Trainwiz said in /tesg/ he's not interested in modding Skyrim right now and another project (Nanosteam) is taking over.

Pardon this OT but IMHO trainwiz already made his magnum opus of skyrim modding: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48593/? :)

Also, what is /tesg/ ? Chan of sorts?

I dont think that nobody is caring about Morrowloot or this version of Morrowloot, but it literally turns the gameplay around. And changing the gameplay in such a broad stroke is nothing that STEP is used to do.

Ofc, that doenst take anything away from this great mod, that maybe will find its way into one of my "New Games", now that a Dawnguard/DB version is finally available. So thanks for the information ;)

I never thought of this mod as a possible addition to STEP. I post some mods that I think deserve attention and I take the liberty to show game changing mods like Morrowloot because there is even a Requiem pack on this forum :P.

But maybe you're right and this is not the correct section. If that's the case, I'm sorry.

I think this would make some great pack, together with a combat mod, a magic overhaul and maybe a lightweight perk mod like SPERG (or when its finished Perkimus maximus). Though no time to test it now =D

But its all a mater of compatibility. There is no way that i will play the game anymore without a decent lighting overhaul and i hope its compatible

But since ENBs tend to handle those things pretty well, maybe in some future :-)

My last MO profile was morrowloot, sperg, ultimate combat, revenge of the enemies and high level enemies. You die, A LOT, but it's fun, it really is. Two friends modded the game following my modlist and are having tons of fun and 0 problems.

Too bad I lack the knowledge to make a pack.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

i was wondering, in the original morrowloot, what use do i have for e.g. moonstone, when i cannot craft anything with it? or do i miss something?

anyway, i use a similar mod compilation like allsunday and i am quite happy with it: morrowloot, sperg, revenge of the enemies, high level enemies, frostfall, RND.

thanks for posting this here, will try morrowloot 4E edition right away.

I'd like to ask a question if you guys wouldn't mind.

I use CCO along with the aMidianborn patch for it. If I wanted to use Morrowloot4E but not use it's crafting system (Mostly because you can't craft Daedric...) would I put Morrowloot4E above CCO in the load order? Everything else about Morrowloot4E looks great; the changed loot system, the added items from Morrowind, the logical level list. But funnily enough the fact that I can't craft Daedric (Which I'm going to be honest, I've never really used.) bothers me. I guess I just don't like my options being taken away, haha.

Are we talking about Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade by kryptopyr or the original CCO? 

I'm about to use CCOR for the first time in my new Requiem playthrough and right now I'm not using Morrowloot.

I'm almost completely sure that loading CCO before Morrowloot 4E is going to do it for you, but keep in mind you're not going to see Morrowloot changes to crafting. I love the idea of Daedric being a REAL rare item tho.

Oh and by the way, Fuma said he's focused on finishing the mod first so don't expect a patch for CCOR from him anytime soon. Probably anyone else can make a patch.

If you're going to test this I'd love to hear the results.

Right sorry, I meant CCOR.

And yeah, I agree with you on Daedric being rare as Hell and difficult to craft....Actually, doesn't CCOR have the option to only be able to make Daedric gear at night? No wait, if we're going by lore (Which nofumasa is going for, or at least Morrowind.) in the book Heavy Armor Forging it says that the author doesn't know how to make it just that "stories say that it should always be worked on at night... ideally under a new or full moon, and never during an eclipse. A red harvest moon is best. Ebony is the principle [sic] material, but at the right moment a daedra heart must be thrown into the fire.".

But that still doesn't fit with Morrowloot4E's "how do you know this" theme like how you can only learn Dwarven smithing when you get the Ancient Knowledge perk. Maybe something like you learn it from Hermaeus Mora? That could go with the Morrowind theme. Or...wait, doesn't Dagon have that shrine that's guarded by Dremora that's filled with treasure? Maybe there's a tome or something in there? That could go along with making it difficult to know how just because of all the hoops you have to jump through.

Dammit, now I'm just exciting myself here. :><: