Immersive Snow and Ice - Mountain and Rock Edition

exploiteddna

Immersive Snow and Ice - Mountain and Rock Edition

Looks like a very promising mod/project. Although it only covers rock/mountain statics (and i think 2 nordic bridges) at this point, it should grow to cover more objects.

Looks to be an alternative approach to dynamic snow.. similar to the BDS approach but a little different. Im still investigating the asstes right now, but wanted to open a thread for it :thumbsup:

hmmm.. well, compatible in that they play nice together... but i know there are some record conflicts.. some of the objects he has already covered (which currently is limited to rocks/mntns) have also been edited by BDS.. no big deal really, just that some can have his snow and others can have BDS

heh, joshezzel .. i just put 2and 2 together lol. the name in your sig matches the nexus user :)

The conflicts shouldn't be anything to worry about? I am assuming they basically overwrite each other.

Yeah man! If I could get my named changed I would do it. I created my STEP profile before I started creating mods. Thus, I didn't think it mattered. It would help people recognize me better...lol

EDIT: There we go. Changed my custom title to my Nexus name. Should be more obvious now. :D

I loaded this to my game' date=' checked around Windhlem bridge and they look horrible unfortunately - don't fit my game at all. I use BDS and Vivid Landscape series.[/quote']

yeah ive been experiencing the same unfortunately. although im going to keep messing with it because it shows a lot of potential and the approach i dont think suffers the same limitations as BDS does/did.

Also, what part of the Vivid Landscape series involves snow/ice? Did something new come out?

er wait, nvm.. you mean you use those meshes and so dont want to have them replaced with the meshes from this mod. Got it. :thumbsup:

The conflicts shouldn't be anything to worry about? I am assuming they basically overwrite each other.

Yeah man! If I could get my named changed I would do it. I created my STEP profile before I started creating mods. Thus' date=' I didn't think it mattered. It would help people recognize me better...lol

EDIT: There we go. Changed my custom title to my Nexus name. Should be more obvious now. :D[/quote']

hahah nice

Just looking at the screenshots... I think its a great idea that author has incorporated, but I think the way they are going about implementing it just isn't right. It reminds me a lot of frosted cornflakes. The textures looks almost sugary, or waxy, compared to snow. The reason is simple I think, the now is being rendered in two dimensions but it has been give the two textures to appear somewhat translucent. This doesn't look like snow at all because snow has a thickness, it looks like melted plastic wrap.

This mod is a great example I think of how getting closer to reality can actually break something, visually speaking. A flat white texture on something looks nothing like real snow, but in our minds eye we fill in the details of snow where the flat white is. If you add in a couple elements of snow but leave the rest out... technically it looks more like snow, but now I am suddenly aware that it is two dimensional, uniform, entirely two even, and a host of other flaws.

hmmm.. i agree with most of what you said..

but i think the implementation is perfect. the methods used to apply the dynamic snow are entirely novel to skyrim modding. the textures may be a bit off, but thats a matter of preference. textures can always be swapped out, easily improved.. its the methods and implementation that make this unique. its a positive sign for things to come (so long as the author or other modders choose to continue working with it).

But, in short, yes i agree with you that it needs some polishing.

hmmm.. i agree with most of what you said..

but i think the implementation is perfect. the methods used to apply the dynamic snow are entirely novel to skyrim modding. the textures may be a bit off, but thats a matter of preference. textures can always be swapped out, easily improved.. its the methods and implementation that make this unique. its a positive sign for things to come (so long as the author or other modders choose to continue working with it).

But, in short, yes i agree with you that it needs some polishing.

No, what I meant was that the style completely didn't fit my game, it was too bright, blocky and not looking nicely in conjunction with my set up.

Maybe with other mod pack it would play right, but with what I've got.