Base Requiem (by Smile44)

Thx for the reply.

I'm already running the beta of RCRN AE for a couple of days now, swapped it for COT and it's a great replacement imo.

Also Skyrim immersive thunder works great with rcrn ae.

Btw I use this Enb for it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23765/?

It looks great with RCRN and keeps that vanilla look....also works great with ELFX + The enhancer right out of the box.

Previous enb I used was realvision but that was a little too colorfull for my taste.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smile44, since you seem to know a lot about requiem.

Can you tell me if requiem plays fine with added armor packs as long I load them before requiem?

Already added immersive weapons and armors incl the requiem patches, but since those 2 had some patches for requiem do other armor mods also need patches to work alright with requiem?

Generally yes I've had no problems. Requiem just uses a system to multiply the stats of weapons and armours so should be fine. Of course if the added armour uses unusual file names in the esp then there could be problems. Most modders use the correct terminology now though.

:)

• 1 month later...

EDIT: damn, just had a proper read of the Requiem Extended thread here - this should probably be moved there...? I'll leave it here regardless for now in case anyone finds it useful.

Hi Smile, maybe on the wiki for this pack you should mention the STEP Extended mods which shouldn't be used with the Requiem pack? I know that you've clearly marked it to be compatible for STEP Core, but in reality many will have a few Extended mods in their mods. Just for the sake of completeness and giving all the necessary info, maybe it would be good to have a list of them and a brief reason as to why not to use them with Requiem. For example, this is what I've found by reading around and using TES5Edit:

STEP Extended mods/plugins removed for Requiem playthrough:

Run for your lives - not necessary since Requiem adds an aura of fear to dragons which should have the same effect

Clams drop pearls - Requiem appears to include this function

More salt please - Requiem appears to change vendor lists with respect to the amount of salt piles and the amount of cooked food for sale. (PS, I also use the "no salt" mod which just removes the need for using salt to cook meat)

Smaller ice spikes - Requiem appears to affect the same records (not sure what for at the moment)

Ars metallica - not fully sure of the overlap here as haven't played enough Requiem to understand the crafting changes, however TES5Edit conflicts would suggest that Ars metallica just conflicts too much for both to work together. However, I don't think Requiem includes recipies for crafting arrows like AM, which is a shame.

When vampires attack - not necessary since Requiem disables random vampire attacks on towns/cities

Others I'm less sure about:

Realistic ragdolls and force: Requiem appears to halve the vanilla force/impact game settings, but RR&F reduces them even further. I suppose this will come down to preference as it is just a straight overwrite, but it might not be worth using RR&F with Requiem (one less mod to worry about)

Skyrim coin replacer: some conflicts which look as though they may be possible to patch. i really like this mod, so I'd like to try and incorporate it, but not sure if it's even desirable with Requiem?

Note also that both WAF and Clothing & Clutter Fixes have tons of conflicts with Requiem, and I'm not sure I'd want Requiem to win all of them, however it's probably better not to be mixing and matching here.

Having said all of the above, I haven't spent much time actually playing a Requiem game, so I haven't got that experience which really helps in patching/modding - I've read the manually extensively though. So, apologies if any of this is blindingly obvious to others...

Hi, thanks for your input. As you said I stated that this pack is meant for use with STEP CORE, this is partly because it is the aim of STEP to use CORE as a base upon which to add packs. I don't recommend using Extended for Requiem because there are far too many unnecessary mods in extended before you even get into incompatibilities. It would be better to add mods to CORE rather than cut back from Extended. The Extended "pack" for that is what it is, is not an ideal base for an overhaul such as Requiem it is meant for a different style of game based on vanilla stats and difficulty. A detailed look at the mods in Extended with Requiem is on the Requiem Extended thread as you have also mentioned, I see no need to repeat the information.

Ultimately my pack is to get more people playing Requiem so that we can have more and greater input from many more people instead of just a couple of people as it was when I put the pack out there. Now there are a great many discussions going on about both Mods and patches. I maintain an up to date profile for CORE Extended and SR for testing purposes and separate ones for overhauls such as Vega and Requiem. I am slowly working towards building a "pack" that is based around Requiem but is built with that in mind from the get go so that mod recommendations are added into is as you go which was my original plan but I changed it due to wanting to fit into the STEP plan for packs which are essentially addons to CORE. I do still intend to build this more complete pack when I have time. That said there is lots of good work being done by others looking at compatibility with Requiem all of which will either educate me further which is always welcome or start to come back to my view that less is more when it comes to overhauls. In other words if greater gameplay challenge is what you are after then you need to cut down on unnecessary mods and only keep the ones that you cant live without, if you want Skyrim to be majestic eye candy etc.. then you don't want or need an overhaul like Requiem - that said though my game looks immeasurably better than vanilla (1024 max textures) whilst leaving plenty of processing power for game play.

As for mods you mention above, Coin re-placer is covered but not the Harold or Dumec parts so a patch or loading it after Requiem would be prudent. WAF and CCF are compatible but only if you do not build the stats into the bashed patch - requiem does not alter stats but uses multipliers to change them so what ever stat is loaded before Requiem will be changed by it but only in line with everything else. Requiem does allow the forging of arrows and bolts but you do need the correct crafting manuals first before you can work with any given material. That siad nothing beats actually getting in there and trying it out then see what you think it really needs to improve it for you.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm definitely coming more towards the less is more approach, and have been working to reduce my load order as much as possible without losing the stuff I want before I even start properly playing Requiem. So first step is obviously removing stuff that Requiem renders obsolete, then mods which are incompatible/which don't fit well with Requiem (e.g.: I really wanted to play with both Immersive Armors and Weapons but decided it was just too much along with Requiem, and might not be properly balanced although i believe Requiem includes some of the items from both of these mods??). The other mods which remain I'm patching to make them work with Requiem in the way I want (or hope that they will rather, as haven't tested it all properly in game yet as I say, which after all is the only test that matters in the end).

Anyway, another piece of feedback for you is that NPC reduced greetings seems to be obsolete with Requiem, am I right? Requiem seems to include this functionality from what I can see in TES5Edit, but I could be misinterpreting it - do you know? i mention it here as it is a STEP Core mod, and I posted it on the Requiem Extended pack thread as well seeing as that deals with STEP Core also by definition.

EDIT: also just seen that Consistent Older People (STEP CORE) overwrites some Requiem changes - just checked it on nexus and couldn't find a patch (but the conflicts are easy to patch)

Some of these things are overwritten again by the Requiem - Dragonborn plugin, which should load much later than Requiem, not to mention Requiem - Hard Times or the Requiem - USKP plugin which should load just before the bashed patch. Check with those loaded before making any patches for COP.

Those overwrites suggest that Requiem is addressing those issues just as it already adds armour and weapons from other mods I am not using COP in my build at present so will have a look when next in town to see if the old people look old. Of course elderly NPCs generally do not have any good loot so not bothered by COP if the faces are fine. Still will check it out.

All equipment / clothing mods of any kind should be compatible if loaded before Requiem this includes those added by CCF where they may be relevant.

Anyway all this digging around is helpful in the long run - helps to trim the mod list down further.