Base Requiem (by Smile44)

Thank you Aiyen for the little tut here.  I am fair firm in the head on what to do now, and the last detail which I've hilighted in yellow is something that I did not know.  That alone makes things much clearer for me, and I have a feeling that I'll be a bit more helpful around here and the nexus now.

Glad that you understood it even with my "being tired" language! :) 

But it is a thing many people do not really think about, and it is a mindset you need to have. You can have 10 things affecting the same entries, and it will look all confusing etc. but the only thing that matters is what is furthest to the right. 

The second most vital thing to remember is this. 

The order of conditions is not necessarily preserved. 

This is vital for mods that have scripts attached, and have conditions when certain things happen etc. 

Or just a simple spell, that have multiple conditions on what happens depending on what the spell hit. 

When messing with vampires, race records, perks etc. this is a really good thing to remember, since the coloring can be off because the conditions do not align perfectly. Most mods also alter the number of conditions, so there you have to be extra careful. Most of the time the mod have the right conditions and one should not mess with it. 

But it should not matter for DCO and req. Just a general reminder. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well, after doing some of the lighting work in the ck for RLO like I have you tend to pick up on even some very confusing looking things once you get some black and white details to work with. It's a matter of being able to twist the details into the right perspective in the mind, I think Uruhu in particular can understand what I mean here as he is always harping about how he's always having to explain things 2 and 3 different ways to be understood :p

yep' date=' works a treat.[/quote']

Do you use it with the dawnguard/ dragonborn patches from the skytest main page?

And do you use the requiem patch for it?

I would think that none of that is needed since all the patch does is change the AI and doesn't mess with stats/ spawns/ adding new animals.

Welcome to STEP forums btw :]

@Aiyen    thanks for the guidance.  Patch is complete.  Funny thing is I'll never know if I made any difference based on game interaction since I'm way too new to the Skyrim world.  If the dragons fly upside down and fire donuts at me I'll just assume it's some kind of RN&D type attack... :-P

So I understand things better REQ is 1st in order followed by DCO.  Since DCO follows its values are what the game uses by overriding REQ's dragon stats/values.  Those DCO values are based on Vanilla Skyrim.  I guess I'm confused as to how TES5edit knows to flag those differences.   Since DCO is modifying behavior etc wouldn't every change/modification DCO makes flag against REQ ?   (show up as red)?  

It flags identical forms defined by the formID´s that have differences in their setting relative to the load order.

(Further down on the mod list = more to the right in T5E like I talked about earlier.)

These formID´s can be equal to vanilla records or entirely new.

Depending on the difference it gets a different color. The actual details of which color is applied you will have to look up in the Documentation for T5E. Red is normally bad.

BUT

It also depends on how you look at it, since if you look at a mod that is early in your load order, then it can have a lot of red entries, because they are overwritten by a later mod.. which is fine because the data is there.

This is the reason I went on about the whole mindset you need to get into... so you do not get confused by all the info.

yep' date=' works a treat.[/quote']

Do you use it with the dawnguard/ dragonborn patches from the skytest main page?

And do you use the requiem patch for it?

I would think that none of that is needed since all the patch does is change the AI and doesn't mess with stats/ spawns/ adding new animals.

Welcome to STEP forums btw :]

I have not tested it with dawnguard or dragonborn yet so I cannot give any definitive data on this. However' date=' I would assume that if the patches available through the skytest mod page work for the AI only version for the DLCs, then that would be for species that are found in the DLC maps and not on the skyrim map. I would have to take another look at the mod page to be sure.

[hr']

It flags identical forms defined by the formID´s that have differences in their setting relative to the load order.

(Further down on the mod list = more to the right in T5E like I talked about earlier.)

These formID´s can be equal to vanilla records or entirely new.

Depending on the difference it gets a different color. The actual details of which color is applied you will have to look up in the Documentation for T5E. Red is normally bad.

BUT

It also depends on how you look at it' date=' since if you look at a mod that is early in your load order, then it can have a lot of red entries, because they are overwritten by a later mod.. which is fine because the data is there.

This is the reason I went on about the whole mindset you need to get into... so you do not get confused by all the info.[/quote']

Actually it sounds very much like looking at how multiple mods in Mod Organizer can have files that overwrite mods loaded early such as the Unofficial Patches.  The main difference between looking at the conflicts section in the Mod Organizer/mod/information and looking at the conflicts in T5e appears to be almost nothing more than how the information is laid out.  I think looking at it this way will make things a little easier for others to understand what T5e is showing when there is a red entry.

It is essentially the same, since Mod organizer enforces a priority list to the mod order. T5E just shows the load order which is by definition a priority order.

Guess we should do more out of trying to make people think of it that way... would make everything mod related simpler to grasp.

The filter option is a very powerful tool to look for mod conflict in your load order, you can tick what kinds of entries you want to see in the middle left box. This is very useful to find esp conflicts in your load order (I used this to scan step extended for requiem conflicts).

Note that T5E has it's limits though: if a subrecord is vanilla and gets overwritten, T5E won't show a conflict. If the mod with the overwritten record requires the vanilla record though, this might still cause a conflict even though T5E shows none (GDO is a good example as it has some intended unclean entries). Due to the nature of STEP mods I think it is unlikely to break things this way (from earlier TES titles there are 3 instances I know of where this could happen: quests, scripts and landmass/pathgrid) but my modding knowledge is too limited to give a definite assessment tbh.

Smile44, I realized yesterday that following your wiki regarding BUM overrides does not have the load order match your recommendations in this thread.  As we discussed in the Weather & Lighting pack thread, I completed a core STEP installation, then added your packs, and after sorting, many of the Requiem mods are loading before STEP mods.  By memory, the core Requiem.esp is loading pretty close to halfway up the list.  It seems from your advice here that Requiem and it's add-ons should basically be absolutely last.  Is this just a general guideline, or should I manually move all Requiem mods to just before the Bahed Patch, except for the two or three tweaks I like to add on top?

The only things that should be after Requiem.esp are other Requiem patches, follower mods, including EFF etc, Alternate Start, Water and other patches. Requiem - Hard Times.esp, and Requiem - Dragonborn and SIC patches (if used) need to be after all the follower mods. Requiem - Hard Times actually should be just before the bashed patch due to the USKP merges.

I do not know why I would have described it any other way as this avoids errors with whatever mods you have set up.

My recommendations in this thread should be similar no reason for them ever to have been different, I will have a look to see if there is a typo or similar.

:)

Edit: had a look at the pack and I seem to have two different instructions for Hard Times, I will edit as soon as I get a chance.

Edit 2: Ok having looked at it properly there is no error, the way it is described in the pack page is to load it at the top of "Realism" which means that if you have a mod like RND it will load after Requiem as it should, other than follower mods and those that I have mentioned will also load after Requiem. Of course in the masterlist there are a ton of mods that potentially load after Realism, but you should not have any of these because a) not needed with Requiem and b) not in STEP or any pack guides. So Requiem should be fairly low in your load order as it is in mine.

I guess it is towards the bottom, I just didn't expect things like Beards.esp and Brows.esp to sort after... here's the full list:

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

SPIKE.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

Morning Fogs.esp

SplashofRain.esp

ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp

ADS.esp

BWS.esp

DragonShoutVoice.esp

IHSS.esp

Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

TradeBarter.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

ClamsDropPearls.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp

Moss Rocks.esp

ORM-Arvak.esp

Point The Way.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

SkyUI.esp

ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

imp_helm.esp

imp_helm_dawn.esp

imp_helm_imp.esp

Gildergreen Regrown.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

BetterQuestObjectives.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp

DiversePriests.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

WeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp

dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp

SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC.esp

Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp

aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp

RLO - Major City Exteriors - No Guard Torches.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

CoT_SnowPatch_HQSnowVersion.esp

prod80_CoT_patch_FogEdition.esp

Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp

prod80_SupremeStorms_CoT_patch.esp

Requiem.esp

Requiem - Resources.esp

Requiem - HearthFires.esp

Enhanced Soul Trap.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp

Beards.esp

Brows.esp

Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

Follower Trap Safety.esp

NonEssentialChildren.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp

Requiem - Dragonborn.esp

DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp

WATER Plants.esp

WATER DG.esp

WATER DB Waves.esp

DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp

Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp

warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp

Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp

Requiem - Hard Times.esp

SameWalkRunSpeeds.esp

EternalTorch.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Hi, I don't see the patch for EBQO - Requiem, which you will need. You don't need run for your lives as Dragons in Requiem give out an aura of fear which makes people run and hide anyway. I would be careful of GDO, not sure but might conflict with Requiem. The walk run mod is not necessary as you get faster with higher stamina / carry weight.

Not sure that you need reduced distance NPC greetings, but I need to look into that. Actually need to look at quite a few mods currently in Step. I did this once but suspect that there is a great deal more that Requiem covers.

Your load order is fine apart from the missing EBQO patch.

:)