Base Requiem (by Smile44)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It's a long and tedious process if you have a large modlist, but it will ensure your mods work as intended and better stability.

I would recommend making patch(es). If you change mod's ESP, then you have redo it each time this mod gets updated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Patching requires certain knowledge about Creation Kit and how the mods are structured. What given records do (as the names are not always as indicative as "Water Height"). Sometimes you have to choose which mod functionality you want to get, sometimes you have to change the values to something that is not in ANY of the mods you're patching, i.e. when merging 2 sets of perks given to an NPC by 2 different mods, where 1st mod gives them 2 perks and 2nd mod gives them 5 perks, the total number of perks would be 7 perks, which is a totally different number to both mods have, and therefore this record would show as conflict in TES5EDIT, where technically it's not a conflict, but a valid and true entry. Or when 1 mods gives an NPC a new armor, and the other gives them a cloak - you merge them, so that the NPC gets both the new armor and the cloak, but then in game it looks awful, as both don't fit together, or clip or whatever else :)

There is a lot to it to be honest, but you get better with practise.

@Smile, you mentioned GDO as a possible REQ conflict. I checked under TES5edit and I came across red in all the armor and most weapon sections. For example under Imperial armor/armor rating it shows:

Skyrim.esm         Weapons and armor fixes.esp        GDO.esp         Requiem.esp

25                            31                                          25                25

Is my assessment correct in that GDO.esp RED HILITES because a value is different with some other mod period ? In this case Weapons and armor fixes ? So if I did NOT have Weapons Armor fixes installed there would be no red flag? In translation does it mean Requiem is taking vanilla's armor rating and that any adjustment made by weapons&armor fixes will be overwritten by Requiem ? Anyway I thought GDO only modified a guard's dialogue ?? 

So long story short can it be determined that the armor and weapons on guards will reflect vanilla unless a patch is made between W&Afixes and GDO. However if the patch is above Requiem it won't matter anyway ?

Also it looks like Weapons and Armor fixes values are being trumped all over the place by REQuiem. So that would make Weapons and Armor fixes a wasted mod and/or incompatible with Requiem.

Sorry for so many ?????

Weapons and Armor fixes is just wasted space in a Requiem load order.

When looking at the conflicts in Tes5edit, what you see on the right is what is being loaded in game. In this case it would be requiem. If all of the other mods to the left had different numbers, the Requiem values would be what you see in game.

There shouldn't be a need for any corrections made via tes5edit. Just let requiem load last and do its job. Very few mods need to be loaded after requiem, so just make sure that if you do have any mods that need to be loaded after requiem then do so.

I know REQ at right will trump all but I don't understand why GDO red flags. If it's a dialog overhaul why do the weapon and armor values get compared to or even carried over ?

Another example is argonianraptor.esp. The mod changes the foot to a claw instead of a boot. Argonianraptor.esp shows every boot under the sun as redflagged because either the boot values differ due to requiem or that the boot value no longer exists (creating a flag) because now it has a claw for a foot.

This is all new to me. Hopefully I can start understanding conflicts and whether they matter. That and get the perfect synergy with my modlist and Requiem.

GDO does it because as I recall then there are certain dialogue which only happens if you have certain equipment on, and/or if your armor values is above a certain threshold etc.

The foot mod is more straightforward. You have a mod that alters the mesh, and a lot of equipment so that it can show its effect. Of course it will then be redflagged since REQ does not have those edits, and the edits are non standard stuff that is required for the mod to work. This is one mod that you would have to create a patch for to get the effect to show properly.

Also stuff that is further up the mod list will almost always be red, since it is overwritten by stuff further down. The only way to make sure this happens as little as possible is either make sure that all mods have the same records (As much as possible since masters need to be loaded before the mod you edit.) or just delete records that contain the same change from the mods above.

For the same reason why when you place a flower in a whiterun cell in the CK, a house or a barrier gets moved in markarth.

The tools designed for modding are not perfect. This is especially true for the CK. I cannot count how many times I have worked on cell edits for exterior and interior spaces when working on Realistic Lighting Overhaul and there were cell edits that I never touched. You just never know what the CK might decided to do, it uses black magic. Best we can do is try to make our modding practices as clean as possible and use TES5edit to clean the screwups that we cannot be faulted for.

And I'm out of chips. grrr...

For most of these examples you need do nothing, the main areas Requiem conflicts with are resolved by loading it late and making sure that you have nothing afterwards that conflicts, adds perks or weapons / armour etc. Requiem addresses the armour and weapon stats in a simple way by basically multiplying their base values so anyrhing before Requiem will be given Requiem stats.

Only those mods loaded before Requiem that have changes or stats that you want to keep will need some sort of patch. An example would be Falskaar. Requiem works essentially in Skyrim and Dawnguard areas and all your weapons and armour will have Requiem stats x4 I think. Falskaar un-patched has vanilla values so you would clean the place up very easily as you would in other areas such as Solstheim and Wyrmstooth so the patches for these just add Requiem stats, perks, AI etc to these areas thereby keeping it real and challenging.

You need to mod much less heavily when using requiem because it does so much, I mean IA and IW have patches but many of those items are included in Requiem anyway so why add them again. Less is definitely more.

The reason I suggested GDO is because in order to do what it does it has to affect a great many different things - for example with guard comments that are triggered by armour stats may happen earlier than intended due to increased armour values - I don't really pay too much attention to guards unless I'm up to no good so GDO fixes don't really bother me, That said, in the example you have included above you show a vanilla value that is shared by all files except W&A Fixes, if I was patching that I would use the Requiem file and copy over any changes from W&A fixes that alter vanilla stats but not Requiem stats so in the above case then copy the Requiem file into a new patch and add in the 31 from W&A fixes to the patch - so you get the vanilla fix without affecting Requiem as in that case it is just a vanilla number.

Requiem does fix a lot of things in skyrim and with the USKP patch from Azirok it is upto date with the latest unofficial patches so you don't really need W&A Fixes and I expect the patch would be quite a large one.

Thanks for all the input here guys, the more the merrier on the road to an exhilarating Skyrim experience.

:)

An excellent question, and the answer is .......... Drum roll if you please. I don't. It is for SkyRe but the esp is just in my overwrite folder as I have a profile in which I am running SkyRe. The Vega pack is excellent and very stable if used with Step Core plus perhaps weathers and survival packs.

Re EBT - I like the mod in principal BUT it does put a strain on the engine especially in big battles, I find myself working so hard to stay alive that I don't notice whether or not there are great piles of blood and gore flying about. If I ever decide to play as a vampire or werewolf then I might stick it in but would not use Requiem for that or Sic as I would want to be the nastiest creature out there so instead would use related vampire and werewolf mods and mods that increase the number of vict.. people in Skyrim.

Requiem is my personal choice and so if you use Step Core and all three of my packs you should also get a stable but great looking game. Incidentally I am going to give RCRN AE a go, I always liked it but I want to see which ENB presets work best with it. Wrong forum for that though and will need to test it some to figure out how to get the best out of it or whether I prefer my current weather and lighting pack.

Hope that helps.

:)