Base Requiem (by Smile44)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regard to dragons and requiem.

@Smile where you able to track down that DCO-REQ patch ? :-)

Help me understand the general process though if I have to make one myself(shudder). If DCO is after Requiem then it overrides REQ's changes and I get a vanilla dragon but with DCO's AI ? If DCO is before REQ then I get a REQ dragon but lose some most of DCO's mod AI adjustments correct?

So a patch carries forward DCO's AI modifications to a REQ dragon ?

I'm sure there's a tutorial out there but in general what is the thought process behind creating a patch. How do you track down the conflicts to fix? What are the basic contents of the new dco_req patch.esp I'm creating ?

Too many questions I'm sorry.  Basic questions too but I open one door and sure enough there's 3 more behind it in this modding world :-)

DCO patches are fairly simple to create. You need to forward any changes it makes! Since all of his scripts require the settings he put in.

So in T5E you find conflicts while looking in DCO.esp.

Then right click the Req.esp coloum and put them into a new .esp. Then copy over the DCO.esp conflicting entries and voila. Do this for every conflict and you should be good to go.

@Aiyen, so when I open T5E I check just the DCO and REQ esp's? I think I understand. I'll try this later tonight, it seems relatively straight forward but the mechanics may be tricky. We'll see.

If the new DCO_REQ patch esp is fouled or I miss something A.Skyrim won't launch B.Dragon activity may cause a CTD C.I will get most of DCO effects just not all D. All of the above ?

:-)

A: will only happen if you do not have the masters enabled while starting... in this case Req and DCO.

B: This can always happen... since it is a script based mod put on top of a major overhaul.

C: Will only happen if you do not get all of the conflicts. When loading only DCO and Req then there will be a color change visible for all conflicts, most likely red or orange, since DCO links to non defeault game additions.

D: Yeah or perhaps the dragon will break out of your monitor, eat your sandwich and go back in! :o

There are three records in "race", the original patch only touched the first one which is mainly Skyrim Dragons. I think the other two have something to do with DG and DB and are a little more complex in that you will still have conflicts but the main thing is that you get RQ dragons with DCO AI (already said). Follow instructions as outlined by the ever helpful Aiyen :thumbsup: and you should be fine. I made this patch already and it is pretty easy and quick to do.

:)

Shamed as I am to admit this, I have never been able to bring myself to try making a patch in TES5edit. Any chance one of ya'll could do a little video showing it being done? I'm more a visual learner than by the text. I don't even care if the quality is bad or if the video is completely silent. I just need to see where the mouse moves once the two mods being patched are loaded into T5e.

Truth be told, I am almost sure I get the idea but I'd rather see it in action before messing with it. I have had requests from several people for in depth TES5edit and Wryebash video tutorials such as what I have done for Mod Organizer, and I'm wanting to dive into it soon. This would be a good start for me. I have had some minor experience with using TES5edit but that was just to delete records where something was moved by myself or by the CK black magic when working on Realistic Lighting Overhaul, and also for cleaning mods. I need to know how to use the other functions of the tool though.

Unfortunately I don't have whatever I need to make a video I could give fairly detailed instructions for making it, but not today. Just remember when making patches if you don't save it then nothing is changed, never alter the mod itself always make a new file and change that so that the correct changes are carried over and then load it in compatibility patches. I f you make a patch and it doesn't work you can always try again, as long as you don't change the mods themselves (esp files) then there is no harm.

Working my way through this...

1) TES5edit I open up DCOdragonborn.esp and go down to race (since it's the only sub-detail that is hi-lited in light red)

2) I click and drag ONLY the hi-lited red items listed in requiem.esp to DCOdragonborn.esp so all red is now green

3) I left click on DCOdragonborn.esp and choose "copy as overwrite into" and choose new file. REQ_DCO patch. REQ_DCO patch.esp now shows next to DCOdragonborn.esp way on the right

4) it asks to make dragonborn, skyrim, requiem as masters. I choose yes.

5) I move to the other 2 races and repeat step 3

6) dragonrace is now green but the other 2 are still red

alduin race:Gnam bodypartdata is red under skyrim.esm dragonborn.esm requiem.esp and DCOdragonborn.esp ??? what does this mean

7)undeaddragonrace has red(conflict) in the mountdata offset X offset Y data line between update.esm/dragonborn.esm VS. Requiem.esp/DCOdragonborn.esp and the REQ_DCO patch. Is this an issue ???

8) I exit out and go to save changes.. I only check the REQ_DCO patch.esp box correct ? This leaves DCOdragonborn in its original state.

Pass or Fail :-)

Yeah.. that is not correct :P

1: Open T5E with only DCO and Req .esp´s selected. It will also load in the Skyrim.esm and the DB.esm´s etc. Select the first red entry you can find.

2: Whichever is furthest to the right in the coloum view (right pane) is what has priority and will get loaded. You take whichever is furthest, right click that and "Copy as override into" and create a new file. Say yes to make the masters. You now have a new file furthest to the right... this is the patch!

3: Copy the conflicting entries from the mod next to the one you just clicked into the new patch you just made. Say yes to make the new mod a master as well.

4: Keep doing this until there are no more red entries.

5: To make sure when you are done in the left overview pane select the .esp´s and then press *. This will unfold everything, and now you can scroll down and make sure that there are no red entries remaining in any sub categories etc.

I hope that was a bit more clear. Otherwise just let me know and I guess I can make one even more detailed.

The most vital thing to remember when using T5E is that... that only the entries in the furthest right column is used ingame!

There is one instance:  Undeaddragonrace   Mount Date / Offset X / Offset Y (they all are on separate lines) - when I copy the data to the patch.esp the red hi-lite remains the same.  Requiem.esp and DCOdragonborn.esp have different values.   No matter which I carry forward to the new esp at the right, the red remains.  I'm assuming I carry forward Requiems since DCO is loading after it.   - I aborted this one 

Also how do you delete an esp ?  I looked in MO's directories but I don't see a listing anywhere.  

Any Patches you create will be in overwrite folder on MO. As I said there are some difficulties with two of the files, that is one of them, just use the Requiem file and change what you can - pretty sure that the undead dragon is not a problem if it doesn't have all of DCO changes, but must have Requiem chnages.

Yeah.. that is not correct :P

1: Open T5E with only DCO and Req .esp´s selected. It will also load in the Skyrim.esm and the DB.esm´s etc. Select the first red entry you can find.

2: Whichever is furthest to the right in the coloum view (right pane) is what has priority and will get loaded. You take whichever is furthest, right click that and "Copy as override into" and create a new file. Say yes to make the masters. You now have a new file furthest to the right... this is the patch!

3: Copy the conflicting entries from the mod next to the one you just clicked into the new patch you just made. Say yes to make the new mod a master as well.

4: Keep doing this until there are no more red entries.

5: To make sure when you are done in the left overview pane select the .esp´s and then press *. This will unfold everything, and now you can scroll down and make sure that there are no red entries remaining in any sub categories etc.

I hope that was a bit more clear. Otherwise just let me know and I guess I can make one even more detailed.

The most vital thing to remember when using T5E is that... that only the entries in the furthest right column is used ingame!

Thank you Aiyen for the little tut here.  I am fair firm in the head on what to do now, and the last detail which I've hilighted in yellow is something that I did not know.  That alone makes things much clearer for me, and I have a feeling that I'll be a bit more helpful around here and the nexus now.

For all you guys who have Requiem and azirok's patches with STEP;

How does this list look in terms of ordering?

All mods are green in WB and bashed patch/ SUM has been ran.

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Falskaar.esm

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

SPIKE.esm

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

Chesko_Frostfall.esp

Rainbows.esp

ADS.esp

AOS.esp

AOS_DGDB Patch.esp

BWS.esp

Clanking Armor.esp

DragonShoutVoice.esp

IHSS.esp

Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp

randomthunder.esp

Thundering Shouts.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp

83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

BirdsHFclean.esp

BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp

Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

Disease Descriptions.esp

DD_Dawnguard Additions.esp

DD_Dragonborn Additions.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

DungeonQuestAwareness.esp

Moss Rocks.esp

ORM-Arvak.esp

PilgrimsDelight.esp

Point The Way.esp

RabbitsPlus.esp

Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp

ShootingStars.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp

Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

Footprints.esp

Footprints - Ash.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

SkyUI.esp

iHUD.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

Immersive Weapons.esp

Gildergreen Regrown.esp

SkyrimChimneysRW.esp

Wyrmstooth.esp

Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

BlockSparkles.esp

Distant DetailHF.esp

DiversePriests.esp

DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp

FalskaarDawnguard.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

masser Size x0.5.esp

SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC and Falskaar.esp

secunda Size x0.5.esp

Convenient Horses.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp

Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp

aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

AIMP - Antz in my Pantz.esp

Chesko_Step418_SN.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

ELFX - Dragonborn.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

Requiem.esp

Requiem - Resources.esp

Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp

Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp

Requiem - Potions Weight.esp

Requiem - HearthFires.esp

Requiem - Wyrmstooth.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp

Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch.esp

Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch - HearthFires.esp

Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch - Dragonborn.esp

BFSEffects.esp

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

Enhanced Soul Trap.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp

Beards.esp

Brows.esp

Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

Requiem - Dragonborn.esp

Requiem - Falskaar.esp

Requiem - SIC Patch.esp

Requiem - SIC Patch - DLC2.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Animated Weapon Enchants.esp

DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp

WATER.esp

WATER Plants.esp

WATER DG.esp

WATER DB Waves.esp

WATER Falskaar.esp

DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp

ASG-AWE Patch.esp

Requiem - Hard Times.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

dn11 - Just a quick little edit to clean the post up with spoiler tags, makes things look much cleaner on the forums :p