JDR Soundtrack Compilation

gwoody79

Hey everyone,

I, like most others here, have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours. After so much time the vanilla music has become somewhat old and boring to me. This new mod, JDR Soundtrack Compilation https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39012/? is really good if your wanting some extra Skyrim music.

This is a standalone mod, so it doesn't replace any of the vanilla music. It adds 8 tracks total - 6 for exploring and 2 for towns.

All the tracks fit in amazingly into Skyrim. So, if you want to add a few new (and great) tracks to your Skyrim adventures this compilation is for you. 

I don't think this fits into STEP, which is why I posted it here in general Skyrim thread. However, I know I will be using this compilation in addition to each STEP install from here on out - it really is well done.

Yes. Some music expansions or overhauls would be nice. I don't usually pay attention to them at all but they can really help setting the mood. I have started to wonder if there should be different soundtracks tied to different ENBs - bleak, grim ENBs could have somber music while bright fantasy ones could go well with more up-tempo tracks. Since I have no real ear for music I'm sure someone else has better thoughts on how to tie this together...

Really well executed pieces! I've listened to all the track in my music player prior to adding them to the game. The tracks are balanced, not too long and nicely composed. I am an amateur music producer, so I have some experience and I must say these are well produced pieces.

They also fit into the TES atmosphere, moreover, I was able to hear some familiar motives from previous TES games. I am definitely adding these to my game.

I am also moving this thread to Mod Suggestion forums, as I think this would be an excellent addition to STEP - it is not changing the game anyhow, but enhancing the vanilla experience by adding new music, that fits perfectly to vanilla tracks atmosphere. I would like for an admin to mark this for testing, although there isn't much to test.

Only thing is this mod overwrites some tracks added by Dawnguard - I am creating a patch for it, so that the game plays all the tunes.

I am glad to see this mod get recognition and suggested as a part of STEP, deservedly so...

In my initial post, the only reason I said that "I don't think this fits into STEP" is because it doesn't fix anything and simply adds extra music content.

I have played with this everyday since release, and pretty amazed at how well it fits into Skyrim. The tracks are of extreme quality and well executed. Before adding this mod, I use to hurry to get to next quest or location I was going but now I find myself slowing down and exploring more just so I can listen to the music added from this mod.

It definitely has my vote for inclusion, and will be in my modlist every playthrough from here on out whether it is in STEP or not.

For testing purposes, however, perhaps we need someone who is more of an expert on the TES lore than myself since I have only played Skyrim and Oblivion.

Thanks for moving this post rootsrat, anxious to see what others think of this compilation.