General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Could somebody explain to me how I revert to a skeleton with chesko's quiver placement, but vanilla style one-handed weapons and daggers?

I already installed the different versions of XPMS, Immersive animations and Dual sheath redux, reran the SUM patcher and FNIS. The animations are correct, but my blade is still on my back!

OK, whenever I install any version of XPMS the onehanded blades get put on the back, although I've deactivated all other mods having sth to do with this and I started a new game!!!

EDIT: WTF?!?!?! Ok, any other skeleton replacer will work, but whatever I try: Using XMPS skeleton replacers always result in swords on back NO matter what I'm trying...

Neo, please help, it's 4 am here and I'm getting desperate...

Forgive if I am wrong, but does not Duel Sheath Redux put your blade(s) on your back?
It supports the weapons on the back, but doesn't actually "put" them there. XPMS provides the skeleton. My problem is, that all the skeletons I install through MO are the same: Sheathes on back! It seems as if MO would always pick the wrong skeleton when installing the mod. I'll copy and paste the skeleton files directly into overwrite, so as to see whether that fixes things. Might be only a MO/installer problem.

Could somebody explain to me how I revert to a skeleton with chesko's quiver placement, but vanilla style one-handed weapons and daggers?

I already installed the different versions of XPMS, Immersive animations and Dual sheath redux, reran the SUM patcher and FNIS. The animations are correct, but my blade is still on my back!

OK, whenever I install any version of XPMS the onehanded blades get put on the back, although I've deactivated all other mods having sth to do with this and I started a new game!!!

EDIT: WTF?!?!?! Ok, any other skeleton replacer will work, but whatever I try: Using XMPS skeleton replacers always result in swords on back NO matter what I'm trying...

Neo, please help, it's 4 am here and I'm getting desperate...

Forgive if I am wrong, but does not Duel Sheath Redux put your blade(s) on your back?
It supports the weapons on the back, but doesn't actually "put" them there. XPMS provides the skeleton. My problem is, that all the skeletons I install through MO are the same: Sheathes on back! It seems as if MO would always pick the wrong skeleton when installing the mod. I'll copy and paste the skeleton files directly into overwrite, so as to see whether that fixes things. Might be only a MO/installer problem.

That's what I was going to suggest. Quite a few people had problems with the latest version of XPMS, manual installation seemed to resolve the problem. For some folks disabling/enabling (either, I can't remember which one unfortunately... try both?) "Use integrated FOMOD installer" option in MO helped as well.

Thx for the confirmation! I'll Test this asap.

Update: Only could fix the issue with manual installation, since all fomod installer tweaks were in vain (I get a installation error: 5, that has sth to do with my MO, it's kinda broken on my computer...). Could sb tell me whether I need the 04 1stSKDefault package as well? I guess so, but can't say for sure...

a little noob-help plz:

all those warnings like " Warning:This mod does not carry forward changes from the various DLCs." dont show to me on my BOSS, where can I see them?

Asking because i want to install some other mods like Run Sprint and Jump and Deadly Encounters that is not on the list, but where can i see the conflicts w/ other mods?

I'm sure this must have been asked before but as I am re-installing SR and re-doing patches etc.. I've always wondered why we add 1 to the COCT count in some patches making them even more RED more incompatible. There is a reason but I don't know it and would like to.

Thanks in advance to any helpful souls out there.

:)

Extremely stupid question probably. After installing Skyrim Redesigned my skyrim game now shows a little white number in the upper left of the screen. I think that this is the framerate (it is usually 60 indoors and 35-45 outdoors)? Which mod installed this? (I don't really want it - it breaks my immersion) or is it a feature of the ENB? Perhaps there is a key to turn it off? I've never seen it before when playing with modded skyrim.