General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Hmm. Normal system idle on my Win 7 Pro x64 system consumes just under 1.7 GB RAM. I've 8GB RAM installed and my GFX card has about 1526MB or so VRAM DDR3. Not sure what Skyrim is doing with memory and CPU usage though. Would Skyrim Performance Monitor be worth trying out in this case?

That's what I use I used to use what Neo uses which is Elys Mem Info.

Anyone know about the horses I posted earlier? I also wonder if turning on FPS limiter or disabling Vsync would be helpful or advisable.

My game has been pretty much perfectly stable' date=' but I guess it really hates nirnroot. I tried to pick one and my desktop appeared nigh instantaneously. I know there's been tons of problems with it in general' date=' but I can't seem to find anyone on the interwebz with that specific issue. I'd enable logging and try to duplicate it, but for now it's bedtime :-\ adulthood ftl.[/quote'']

and your load order? do you have some harvest mods installed?

My load order is mostly SR (I took out maybe ~100 mods and added ~30 of my own, none that involve plants or harvesting or even alchemy). I did optimize the BSAs so I switched out the 5 vanilla ones. I was able to pick the same nirnroot now, but idk if it was because I ran over there right away as opposed to being an hour into gameplay. I had it happen once before opening a barrel and picking up salt, in my last game, so hopefully it was just a random occurrence.

Ok so I need help figuring out what is causing this freeze I have found a spot that I can repeatedly cause it to freeze (the bridge past Blind cliff Cave going to Karthwasten). If I knew what I was looking for or how to enable it properly I'd try enabling papyrus logging.

I think I change the values to these

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation = 1

Ok just reloaded the same save I used to reproduce the freeze the first and second times and it didn't freeze (after enabling logging via those settings above). So I'm completely lost.

Ok so I need help figuring out what is causing this freeze I have found a spot that I can repeatedly cause it to freeze (the bridge past Blind cliff Cave going to Karthwasten). If I knew what I was looking for or how to enable it properly I'd try enabling papyrus logging.

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

Ok just reloaded the same save I used to reproduce the freeze the first and second times and it didn't freeze (after enabling logging via those settings above). So I'm completely lost.

perhaps some scripts running in that moment have too small delay, and with logging enabled, which slowdowns skse, they processes properly:)

I am having problems with running skyproc patchers through MO. It works fine to run them on their own and it also works fine to run them through MO, the problem is that patcher can only see the files from its own package. For example when i run SUM the program in it self works fine but i cant see any other packages, or if I run the AV patcher I can only see the three packages that are included in the AV mod (Bellyaches Animals, InsanitySorrow, Sounaipr AV Ports) but no others. I am running the patcher through MO as instructed in the guide.

I have carefully followed the guide. When I installed the AV mods and dual sheath I installed them just like any other mods, and I can see in the "data tab" that all the file structure seems good (for example in "SkyProc Patchers\Automatic Variants\AV Packages" StarX AV Package exists). I am running  Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11) on a Windows 8 machine. I have also checked all the troubleshooting here https://afterimagemetal.com/SkyProc/SUM%20Readme.html#troubleshooting

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

I am having problems with running skyproc patchers through MO. It works fine to run them on their own and it also works fine to run them through MO, the problem is that patcher can only see the files from its own package. For example when i run SUM the program in it self works fine but i cant see any other packages, or if I run the AV patcher I can only see the three packages that are included in the AV mod (Bellyaches Animals, InsanitySorrow, Sounaipr AV Ports) but no others. I am running the patcher through MO as instructed in the guide.

I have carefully followed the guide. When I installed the AV mods and dual sheath I installed them just like any other mods, and I can see in the "data tab" that all the file structure seems good (for example in "SkyProc Patchers\Automatic Variants\AV Packages" StarX AV Package exists). I am running  Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11) on a Windows 8 machine. I have also checked all the troubleshooting here https://afterimagemetal.com/SkyProc/SUM%20Readme.html#troubleshooting

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Try the following without MO on:

1. Navigate to you actual skyrim\Data directory. If it has a SkyProc folder delete it (unless you did something wrong there should not be one)

2. Navigate to your MO\overwrite directory and delete the *.esp(s) associated with SkyProc (example SUM.esp).

3. In your overwrite directory is a "textures" folder that should only contain your AV textures. You might want to check, but delete it anyways.

4. In your overwrite directory is a "SkyProc Patchers" directory. Delete it.

5. Depending on your version of Windows navigate to your directory where the actual skyrim ini files are saved. In my case this is "Documents\My Games\Skyrim". There you will file a SkyProc folder. Delete it.

Because AV moved your files from their installed directories into your MO\overwrite directory you will have to reinstall all the AV packages using MO and selecting REPLACE when doing so. I am not 100% certain but I do not believe you need to re-install Dual Sheath Redux or SUM, just the AV packages (someone correct me if I am wrong). Make sure that in MO they are in their proper positions (ie Automatic Variants should be first). When finished, run SUM again. For me, sometimes this fails the first time I run due to missing masters if a made changes to other mods, however, running it again fixes it. This should not be a problem for you as you deleted all the SkyProc folders in your Documents directory and MO\overwrite directory. Good luck.

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

perhaps some scripts running in that moment have too small delay, and with logging enabled, which slowdowns skse, they processes properly:)

That would be strange, and if so running the logging would only be a bandaid.  I looked at the log and it seemed Frostfall was bitching about something (it looked like dawnguard and dragonborn) I'll attach it. If anyone has the time to go through it I'd appreciate it. For whatever reason I couldn't attach the normal text file (my guess is it was too big) so I 7z'ed it.

@Annon

Edit: NVM danimal seems to have it covered but also the AV packages you mentioned do not come with the Automatic Variants download you have to download all automatic variants packages separately

Papyrus.0.7z

Um... Dynamic Snow and Quality Snowflakes turned on? This log really is vexing me it doesn't seem to be telling me anything useful. Got it to freeze at the same spot this time (although I did remove SkyTest after Aiyen and I got to discussing it).

Here's the new log.

many plugins can't find dawnguard.esm, dragonborn.esm

are you using DLC's?

Use search and find what mod contains script *gypsyeyescaravan_mobile* (name can be longer) and deactivate it.

Convient horses autoloot feature spams errors, disable it(feature, or uninstall - install mod). may be CH wasn't properly initialised on new game start -it was fault of previous version.