General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

I have found that the partly naked bandit is only the Bandit Mage (so far) so I will check my Conflict Resolution for them tomorrow.

EDIT : When I updated to the latest Immersive Armors, it broke my Conflict Resolution for the Outfits. I will reconstruct them tomorrow as I can see lots of "Error - Could not be resolved" from the IA7.0 to 7.1 update

EDIT2 : yup - redoing the Outfits section of the Conflict Resolution has solved my bandit clothing issue. It was entertaining while it lasted.

Edited by DanielCoffey

Hi DanielCoffey.

Mod Organizer just don't open, because said that modlist.txt is missed. I will searching for some solution. 

Sorry about my english.

Thx anyway. =)
Edited by Rigoru

Hey,

I've got a question, and i thought this is the right place.

I'm working on getting Step 2.2.8 done. By other Packs i read that they were compatible with 2.2.8. I'm curios if SR:LE is compatible with 2.2.8.

Maybe the question is already answered, i couldn't find it.

I've been playing with this pack a bit and I have to say it has definitely gotten me back into Skyrim, and the stability of it is awesome, but I find myself wanting to add more a bit more NPC life into the game and was wondering if any of you guys have noticed any quirks using this pack with Immersive Patrols, Inconsequential NPCs, or Interesting NPCs?

(I hope this is the right thread for this sort of question :^_^: )

Also had a minor question about the female Khajiit retextures; wouldn't the Dagi-Raht textures overwrite the female CoverKhajiit ones completely when installed according to the instructions on the guide? I interpreted it as meaning to only install the textures of the mod as a replacer.

"Special Installation: After installation, move and rename the following folders:

• Textures/Actors/Character/Dagi/Female -> Textures/Actors/Character/khajiitfemale

Mod Notes: This mod is a Khajiit based race, however instead of using the race the body texture will be used as a replacer for UNP."

Edited by Turkeys

I've been playing with this pack a bit and I have to say it has definitely gotten me back into Skyrim, and the stability of it is awesome, but I find myself wanting to add more a bit more NPC life into the game and was wondering if any of you guys have noticed any quirks using this pack with Immersive Patrols, Inconsequential NPCs, or Interesting NPCs?

(I hope this is the right thread for this sort of question :^_^: )

I run all of the mods you mention and all of the Populated mods (No longer on Nexus can be found here) without issue with SR:LE & REGS. On top of that I run Civil War Overhaul, Travelers of Skyrim and most well acted voice follower mods. I do not include all that is in REGS because I am running out of ESP slots (so I have to selective as to what to add or keep). Sometimes the Inns get a little to crowded to move around in, but my profile is filled with NPCs.

• +1 1

It depends on your computer. Too many NPCs, and they will stop moving; animals stand still and NPCs will just stand in the middle of roads (in exteriors). I run all the above mods, plus even more (merged a lot of mods), and I had to tone it down due to the number of spawns and NPCs. If you have a powerful CPU @ 4.0GHz+, you can probably run most, but probably not all. Its not just NPCs, its anything that adds spawns that is the issue.

I tried running Populated Skyrim mods, Travelers, 101Bugs, SkyBirds, Birds of Skyrim, SkyTEST, Immersive Patrols, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, and Requeim. All add spawns, some normal NPCs, some animals. My computer couldn't handle it, and I have a powerful and new PC. Mind you I was running ugrids 7, which means many more spawns are loaded than ugrids 5.

I cut out Birds of Skyrim, 101Bugs and toned down Skyrim Immersive Creatures spawns and now all work fine. Animals move, NPCs walk between cities, patrols patrol. You have to find the right balance between what your computer can handle, your Skyrim ini settings, and number of spawns. Good luck.

• +1 2

Thanks for the responses; I was worried that there might be a whole lot of TES5EDIT conflict resolution to have to get them working well with everything else, but glad that it isn't the case. I did have one additional question though pertaining to Cutting Room Floor and Inconsequential NPCs; How well do those Thalmor HQ changes work out together? I know they both add NPCs back into Solitude there, but I figured it would just be somewhat crowded.

As far as bottlenecking goes, It's usually on the GPU side for me nowadays, but I'm trying to avoid that on this time around by being more selective on the NPC enhancements and avoiding most city enhancements (So no REGS sadly ::(:), as those two together usually ends up wrecking my FPS and making me hit my VRAM limit.

Also, does AI - Max Active Actors tweak in Wrye Bash still work the way the name would suggest?

Edited by Turkeys

I was under the impression that NPC/ AI was a CPU task, so additional VRAM could be an issue if you have lots of NPCs with 4k textures for skin, wep, armor, etc. The AI tweak did not help in WB, was one of the solutions i tried for my immobile NPC issue and never made a difference. I have it set at 40 atm, but no idea if it helps at all  ::D:

Regarding conflicts, well, I had to do a lot of tes5edit conflict resolution. But then again im running a whole bunch of packs on top of STEP Extended, additionally with Requiem. If your not doing that then there should be minor conflict resolution edits with tes5edit. THe more you add thats not been tested together though, the more conflict resolution. Its best to check in any case.

I have not reached the thalmor part yet, but you try asking the in the REGS pack thread. Both are included in the pack, so the authors may have a better idea of this situation.

Hope this helps!

• +1 1

I run with uGrids=5 and have AI tweak in BASH set to 60 NPCs and use RealVision Performance ENB. I also have 16GB RAM and a EVGA GTX 680 4GB. Also run REGS with its patches. I do not worry about conflicts, meaning if there are any, I do not know how to personally resolve them. So far I have only run into problem with Helgen and the Fight Against the Thalmor mods, which was fixed by a REGS patch. Bottom line use my experience with many NPCs with caution. However, my current play through (since the Skyrim Memory Patch) has been the most stable I have ever played.

• +1 1

thanks for the quick reaction, i'll stick to SR:LE,

While i'm at it. Sometime the quide suggest additional/optional downloads.

When i'm trying to install, it Mod Organizer ask me if i want to merge (whit te main file) or rename the mod.

I'm guessing merging is the best option, but am i right?