SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators

Bealdwine

I love this mod and consider it pretty much essential. It adds so much life to the game.

That being said, got to be careful not to overload your game based on your system.

The Riverwood area seems to be where most people have problems, it can get a little unstable in vanilla already and with extra mods it tends to get worse.

I just added skytest. CTD and Frozen game crossing the bridge east of Whiterun. I think I can't handle it...

Thalastwon,

The reason why you are getting CTD with the current STEP version is because of the mod birds and flocks. Turn that off and the game shouldnt ctd at all unless your hardware cant handle it.

Running it for 3 hours straight with no crash

I started a new game and removed Birds and Flocks.

Got 2 hours without a Ctd. Got through the first cave for the claw and the dragon stone. Headed over towards Whiterun and right when the giant is supposed to spawn. Frozen. Up until that point though, Skyrim was working absolutely perfect.

Im using Neovalens custom and expanded STEP without birds and flocks.

Ima keep tryin and see what happens.

While frihyland believes an esm should never be used.

I would recommend to try it out and see if it fixes the problem.

Many users on the Realistic Animals and Predators forum have stated that using the esm version actually eliminated the CTD that they got when using the esp version.

So try it out and see if it fixes the problem =)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Recently this was updated after being remade from scratch to include even more animals that dont exist anywhere else that I know (gooses) also the roosters now crow daily!

I too been using it since the first releases and never found it culprit of instability, what can indeed cause instability is users reaching their VRAM and consequently system RAM due to high quality texture animals being spawned, but that is not the mod's fault. Besides there is a low quality texture pack (which I use).