"Successful" Grass Precache not generating any files

Hello,

Thank you all for the previous help.  At least I am getting to the next stages.

I am not able to generate the Grass Precache files.  

1. Clean PC boot
2. Launch Steam
3. Launch MO2
4. Run LOOT - no warnings
5. Check to see all 416 mods are active
6. Run GrassPrecache via "puzzle" dropdown
7. Skyrim Launches and generates message on Grass new cache generating.
8. Open console and see lots of "Generating grass for ....  " messages.    Below is what i could transcribe.
    - DLC2Apocrypha  2 of 12
    - DLCVampireCastle
    - TestMeganWorld2
    - other Test...
    - FLXLightWorldSpace
    - CWSiegeTEstWorld
    - Southfringe
    - Labyrinthian World 11 out of 12
    - CWTestHold 12 out of 12
9. Ten minutes elapse (Skyrim never crashes)
10. Both Skyrim and MO2 Success message appear
11.  Grass folder here is empty
C:\Users\lroge\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition v1_67\mods\SKSE64_Output\grass

I read 10 or so Reddit/other troubleshooting posts to try to fix it. The only one I tried is #12 below.

12.  Added PrecacheGrass.txt to Skyrim Game folder.  Run Precache with success message but no files.  .txt doesn't change size and
then is deleted by something. 

GrassSuccessMO2.png

GrassCacheSuccess.png

Edited by lrogers287

4 hours ago, lrogers287 said:

Hello,

Thank you all for the previous help.  At least I am getting to the next stages.

I am not able to generate the Grass Precache files.  

1. Clean PC boot
2. Launch Steam
3. Launch MO2
4. Run LOOT - no warnings
5. Check to see all 416 mods are active
6. Run GrassPrecache via "puzzle" dropdown
7. Skyrim Launches and generates message on Grass new cache generating.
8. Open console and see lots of "Generating grass for ....  " messages.    Below is what i could transcribe.
    - DLC2Apocrypha  2 of 12
    - DLCVampireCastle
    - TestMeganWorld2
    - other Test...
    - FLXLightWorldSpace
    - CWSiegeTEstWorld
    - Southfringe
    - Labyrinthian World 11 out of 12
    - CWTestHold 12 out of 12
9. Ten minutes elapse (Skyrim never crashes)
10. Both Skyrim and MO2 Success message appear
11.  Grass folder here is empty
C:\Users\lroge\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition v1_67\mods\SKSE64_Output\grass

I read 10 or so Reddit/other troubleshooting posts to try to fix it. The only one I tried is #12 below.

12.  Added PrecacheGrass.txt to Skyrim Game folder.  Run Precache with success message but no files.  .txt doesn't change size and
then is deleted by something. 

GrassSuccessMO2.png

GrassCacheSuccess.png

I don't know what "#12 below" means.

Based on some of those worldspaces you mention in your console output and your MO instance name, it doesn't appear that you are running the Step SkyrimSE 2.3 build. Is that correct?

If you applied the recommended settings to NGIO (and installed that mod as those instructions say), you will only generate grass for the worldspaces listed there. You must copy paste the line:

Only-pregenerate-world-spaces = "AlftandWorld;Blackreach;BlindCliffCaveWorld;BloatedMansGrottoWorld;BluePalaceWingWorld;BrinewaterGrottoWorld;ccBGSSSE031BlackboneIsle;ccBGSSSE067DeadlandsWorld;ccKRTSSE001QNWorld;DarkwaterWorld;DeepwoodRedoubtWorld;DLC01Boneyard;DLC01FalmerValley;DLC01SoulCairn;DLC1AncestorsGladeWorld;DLC1DarkfallPassageWorld;DLC1ForebearsHoldout;DLC1HunterHQWorld;DLC2SolstheimWorld;EastEmpireWarehouse;EldergleamSanctuaryWorld;FallowstoneCaveWorldEnd;FallowstoneCaveWorldStart;FrostmereCryptWorld;JaphetsFollyWorld;KarthspireRedoubtWorld;KatariahWorld;LabyrinthianWorld04;MarkarthWorld;MossMotherCavernWorld;RedEagleRedoubtWorld;RiftenWorld;ShadowgreenCavernWorld;SkuldafnWorld;SolitudeWorld;Sovngarde;Tamriel;WhiterunDragonsreachWorld;WhiterunWorld;WindhelmPitWorldspace;WindhelmWorld"

I know this line is cut off on the mod page, but if you select that line, you get what I pasted above:

image.png

It should take > 10 min to generate the grass cache for the Step 2.3 build. It takes me 25 min, and I have a powerful system. Average is probably 40 minutes or so. If you are not running the strict Step 2.3 build, then you should use the following to gen for all worldspaces:

Only-pregenerate-world-spaces =""

Lastly, delete the /grass folder in SKSE64 Output mod before you try again. If it gets created again, we know you have this set up correctly in MO executables; although, the mod name you are using has an underscore for some reason, which also tells me you aren't strictly following the Step Guide.