Cloth Mage-Focused Dragon Priest Masks

Kelmych

Cloth Mage-Focused Dragon Priest Masks changes the Morokei, Nahkriin, and Vokun dragon priest masks to clothing (vs. armor) which allows mages to use them along with Mage Armor spells. It also includes the enchantment fix for the Morokei mask (and the change to make it clothing) that is in the Morokei Mask Enchantment Fix mod in STEP. The difference is that it changes two more masks to clothing. There are two versions of the mod; the alternate esp allows a hood to be worn along with the mask unlike vanilla Skyrim. Personally it is difficult to see why a facial mask should preclude wearing a hood.

I feel that for mage characters this new mod is a better one to use than the Morokei Mask Enchantment Fix mod.

Both the older Morolei fix mod and this new mod are mergable with Wrye Bash, so the esp is merged into the bashed patch.

As far as I can see, there isn't a Morokei Mask Enchantment Fix mod in STEP, as the fix for it was included in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. In addition, the version of the mod that lets you wear the masks with hoods is a bit silly to have, considering all the masks already come with their own hoods, so you'd have to get another mod to remove the hoods. All of the masks contain armour ratings and the other stuff related to that, so while it does make these three masks better for mages, it should be a change that is applied to all masks, instead of just these three.

Personally, I don't feel that this mod is appropriate for STEP.

The Morokei fix mod also allowed the mask to be changed to clothing; the USKP fix only adds the enchantment. For me masks have nothing to do with hoods, and I (and a lot of other users) feel that including a hood with a mask is an error for which a fix is appropriate.

The hood for the masks is already included in the model for it, and this mod doesn't modify the models for the masks. So changing them to be equipable with a hood will just result in clipping issues, which means that another mod would have to be included just so that this mod wouldn't have the hoods clipping.