NPCs Learn to Aim (by sasnikol)

Discussion topic:
NPCs Learn to Aim by sasnikol
Wiki Link

NPCs aiming with ranged weapons (spells/staves included) are based on their skill level vs always aiming with 100% accuracy. This means ranged weapons from NPCs will randomly travel within a circumference of the target, slowly becoming more accurate with higher NPCs skill levels. The mod can also be activated on the player, as well.

Tech:
I've added a testing tag, not official, to remember to discuss this one. Personally, I like the premise of the mod and believe it makes sense; aligning to what one would expect from real training and skill levels. However, does it translate well for balanced and fun gameplay in Skyrim? That's probably the biggest question to answer.

Hey :) Happy to see my mod discussed here :happy: please, let me know what you'll think after testing. There are some multipliers that I've exposed through INI options, because I wasn't 100% on challenge/fun balancing, tried to make it less pronounced for Player, but might need tweaking it a bit more, since I didn't test it in a real-ish playthrough.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arkhlus said:

Hey :) Happy to see my mod discussed here :happy: please, let me know what you'll think after testing. There are some multipliers that I've exposed through INI options, because I wasn't 100% on challenge/fun balancing, tried to make it less pronounced for Player, but might need tweaking it a bit more, since I didn't test it in a real-ish playthrough.

It may be a bit before staff can get around to it, but our members are pretty good with feedback on mods we're considering for a Guide.

If you are the author of this mod, can you please contact me on Nexus via the 'sasnikol' account? We have a "Mod Author" badge that we can give you. This is our way of verify author identities. You can find my Nexus page to send me a message in my signature, below.

• 3 weeks later...

If we consider this one, it makes sense to also consider NPCs Learn Skills and Spells.

Thoughts?

As far as applying to PC in addition to NPC, it seems most proper to apply to both.

Mods like this do impact game difficulty though, so there's that. I personally prefer realism and more challenging situations, but all such mods deviate from vanilla. I think it's an acceptable deviation though.