STEP 2.2.0 and 1.6.1130

Mercury71

Good day good STEP-people!

So we had a game update and there will be some problem follow the guide as is.

- SKSE is updated. According to ianpatt on Nexus SKSE page BGS will update the game again soon so no hurry updating/reinstalling stuff.

- The game update has caused some issues with SkyUI (same post on Nexus SKSE page as above)

I am in the middle off an actuall playtrough :ohmy:so i will wait with the updates.  

• Thanks 3

That's good advice. Thanks for the input!

We'll see what and when it happens, I guess. As usual, we'll be using and testing the updated game as we are able. My free time is limited through the new year, so hopefully I will have more input of my own in a few weeks.

In case you get unlucky (like me) and Steam decides to update Skyrim anyway... You can downgrade to the old version rather easily:

Open a command window by pressing Win + R and then enter the command: steam://open/console, and then press Enter. This will open console tab on your Steam
At the bottom will be the input line for you to enter the following code, just copy and paste one line at a time and press enter:

download_depot 489830 489831 3660787314279169352
download_depot 489830 489832 2756691988703496654
download_depot 489830 489833 5291801952219815735

This will download the 1.6.640 files. Wait until all 3 files have downloaded. You will get a prompt when it is done.

Go to the folder C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\content (or where you have installed Skyrim). Here you will find the 3 folders with the 1.6.640 files. Copy and paste the files (NOT the folder!) into C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition (or where your Skyrim is).

Done.

Remember that you will have to reclean the master files again as per the Step Guide!

Edited by ButchDiavolo
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, TadasTalalas said:

How do you know that the game will be updated again soon? What is BGS?

BGS is Bethesda games Studios and i trust "ianpatt" that runs SKSE for what he is writing in the post on Nexus i linked to. :)

• Thanks 1