Topic debating the Landscape full texture drawing problem.

I was testing the game, trying to solve the infamous "hardcoded" radius around the player where the game draws the full resolution texture of terrain.

My discoveries:

-Isnt a hardcoded feature, its actually a bug. (you can check in the screens attached, ive disabled the lod completely (changing the editorid of worldspace tamriel), so the game doesnt have any lod to load, and the game draws the full texture in all the loaded cells (i play with ugrids 7).

-There is not game setting that can solve the problem.

-Isnt actually a problem related to the LOD files, no matter how you generate the LOD Terrain, if you play with LOD, then the texture doesnt load until you are close. (around 1 cell distance)

-The blend time of loading the texture, is related in some way with the timescale global, if you set timescale to 1, then you will find that, even if texture loads close, it loads with much better fading.

-i've tried to find any value between 4000 and 8200 (between 1 and 2 cells distance) in the game memory, and increasing to check if is a hardcoded, but any of the variables i've found were related to that, so this increases my thinking about that this is actually a bug, not engine limitation, not hardcoded value.

i hope this info helps someone to try find the solution to this problem.

SkyrimSE 2023-11-28 20-19-56.png

SkyrimSE 2023-11-28 20-15-51.png

1 hour ago, elaf said:

I was testing the game, trying to solve the infamous "hardcoded" radius around the player where the game draws the full resolution texture of terrain.

My discoveries:

-Isnt a hardcoded feature, its actually a bug. (you can check in the screens attached, ive disabled the lod completely (changing the editorid of worldspace tamriel), so the game doesnt have any lod to load, and the game draws the full texture in all the loaded cells (i play with ugrids 7).

-There is not game setting that can solve the problem.

-Isnt actually a problem related to the LOD files, no matter how you generate the LOD Terrain, if you play with LOD, then the texture doesnt load until you are close. (around 1 cell distance)

-The blend time of loading the texture, is related in some way with the timescale global, if you set timescale to 1, then you will find that, even if texture loads close, it loads with much better fading.

-i've tried to find any value between 4000 and 8200 (between 1 and 2 cells distance) in the game memory, and increasing to check if is a hardcoded, but any of the variables i've found were related to that, so this increases my thinking about that this is actually a bug, not engine limitation, not hardcoded value.

i hope this info helps someone to try find the solution to this problem.

SkyrimSE 2023-11-28 20-19-56.png

SkyrimSE 2023-11-28 20-15-51.png

@sheson, you may be the best person to corroborate/refute/explain this phenomenon.