What sorts of mods are okay to leave out? /What about this one?

G7_Connoisseur

Like the title suggests what sorts of mods are able to be left out without breaking the list?
In particular the GET UP STAND UP mod is one I want to leave out for my own playthrough
If leaving it out is too much of an issue is there such a thing as disabling it's ingame effect while still having it installed?

Screenshot.png

17 minutes ago, G7_Connoisseur said:

In particular the GET UP STAND UP mod is one I want to leave out for my own playthrough

Can be skipped.

Though it would be best, if you're installing the STEP Guide for the first time, to follow it to the letter without any deviation until successful completion. You need to have a "known good state" that works correctly before customizing. Otherwise you have no reference to compare to when you make a change and something goes wrong.

Then you can start selectively pruning.

We can't help you if you encounter an issue because you picked and chose as you went through the guide.

18 minutes ago, G7_Connoisseur said:

Like the title suggests what sorts of mods are able to be left out without breaking the list?

It would take too long to explain in general so for now please just ask about individual mods. But see cautionary advice above.

I left out CACO but even the guide says its optional. It makes way too many arbitrary changes and infuriated me. CCOR by the same author on the other hand I believe is a must and makes a lot of good quality of life improvements (such as crafting UI). Also it has an extensive MCM menu where you can set things to vanilla if you want.

While CCOR tries to make crafting items required realistic, since alchemy is not a real thing, I don't understand why any of the ingredient effect changes were made. It's not like there is a real life benchmark to compare to and make it more "immersive". It's all arbitrary gibberish. In addition it adds a ton of clutter that will never be used like bandages.

What really infuriated me is that it does not allow you to make even ONE CYCLE of alchemy/enchanting loop. Not one. And it's not mentioned anywhere in the mod description (I found out coincidentally through some reddit posts). Enchanting potions are worthless/useless after lvl 100 enchanting. They do nothing. Unofficial patch already addresses this so I don't know why the author had the audacity to go out of his/her way to change something so big and not even mention it.

Edited by opty123