LOD and Grass unloading and reloading

I've had the same Dyndolod and grass cache setup for awhile now and this recently started happening:

https://mega.nz/file/M7gCVRRb#KNDU4sT23jWG096jue9Z4Kbx6IVU0Nz98FNxkC6gLjA

I haven't modified INI files or made any changes that I suspect could lead to the LOD and grass unloading and reloading this way. Tried LOD Unloading mod, no help unfortunately but my issue does not appear related to fast travel.

Any ideas regarding what could cause this?

Edited by modball

It would be helpful if you know exactly what changes you have made since you noticed this happening. It would also be essential to know what version of the game you are running (and if you are using NGIO). Mods can modify INI settings, so check that you didn't update a mod that is overriding your game INI settings as a result.

It isn't the LOD that isn't loading quick enough, it is the full grass you are having trouble with. What is the result of using these console commands?

getini "bAllowCreateGrass:Grass"
getini "bAllowLoadGrass:Grass"
getini "iGrassCellRadius:Grass"
getini "fGrassStartFadeDistance:Grass"
getini "fGrassFadeRange:Grass"

Also, it would be good to know if you use NGIO to load the grass cache or not.

On 10/8/2023 at 2:32 PM, z929669 said:

It would be helpful if you know exactly what changes you have made since you noticed this happening. It would also be essential to know what version of the game you are running (and if you are using NGIO). Mods can modify INI settings, so check that you didn't update a mod that is overriding your game INI settings as a result.

Sorry I thought having grass cache was synonymous with NGIO being present.

Game version is 1.5.97.

The only recent update that has ini changes is Snowy Surfaces Sound Collision and Aesthetics. Reverted to an older version but no improvement.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:55 PM, DoubleYou said:

It isn't the LOD that isn't loading quick enough, it is the full grass you are having trouble with. What is the result of using these console commands?

getini "bAllowCreateGrass:Grass"
getini "bAllowLoadGrass:Grass"
getini "iGrassCellRadius:Grass"
getini "fGrassStartFadeDistance:Grass"
getini "fGrassFadeRange:Grass"

Also, it would be good to know if you use NGIO to load the grass cache or not.

Results from command line match my ini files

bAllowCreateGrass:Grass=1
bAllowLoadGrass:Grass=0
iGrassCellRadius:Grass=2
fGrassStartFadeDistance:Grass=6144
fGrassFadeRange:Grass=6144

Leaving the above in case anyone has better suggestions for those ini setting but have likely solved it.

I just checked GrassControl Config.txt and while I have no recollection of making any changes to this file since generating the cache last but DynDOLODGrassMode was set to 1. Changing it to 2 seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks to you both for responding.

Edited by modball
  • Like 1