Re-enable an object after removing "Initially disabled" flag in xEdit

Hey guys, I'm having a question about re-enabling an object. So before, I made a small patch in which I set "Initially disabled" along with setting "PlayerRef" parent for some object cause they were clipping with objects from another mod. Recently that mod was updated and the clipping is no more. So I disabled my custom patch to re-enable those object, all but one object didn't appear again in-game and I have to manually enable it by console. Is this a normal behavior or is there any extra steps need to be done to properly restore the object? Thank you!

Is the object reference persistent?

Is this with an existing save from an ongoing game or with a new game?

Persistent references are saved in the game save file. When loading a save, the game reads the persistent references' state from the save file, not from the plugins.

Draw your own conclusions from this information to determine if this is normal behavior in your case.

I don't know the answer for certain, but I suspect it could be related to LOD, so I would always regen LOD after such a change. If not LOD, it could be something in the save ... Mouse :ninja: me with more precise info as I was typing this.

If it's persistent, then you should be able to go into an interior cell and do the whole wait/clean save routine. Or just test with a new game and deal with it, trusiting that it will resolve over time as you play (probably).

Sorry guys for late replying.

12 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Is the object reference persistent?

Is this with an existing save from an ongoing game or with a new game?

Persistent references are saved in the game save file. When loading a save, the game reads the persistent references' state from the save file, not from the plugins.

Draw your own conclusions from this information to determine if this is normal behavior in your case.

No, it was not persistent. It's only on my ongoing save, all other objects were re-enabled but not for this one. I found it's strange because they were wood posts as clutters on the road and one of them was re-enabled with no problem, but one is still disabled (both have the same base ID and their Ref ID have no persistent flag). If enabling it by console does no harm, then it's normal to me.

12 hours ago, z929669 said:

I don't know the answer for certain, but I suspect it could be related to LOD, so I would always regen LOD after such a change. If not LOD, it could be something in the save ... Mouse :ninja: me with more precise info as I was typing this.

If it's persistent, then you should be able to go into an interior cell and do the whole wait/clean save routine. Or just test with a new game and deal with it, trusiting that it will resolve over time as you play (probably).

It's true that I haven't regen LOD after changing the plugin. But as I mentioned above one of the wood posts was enabled without any problem so I don't think this could related to LOD. Talking about disabled objects, I recently saw something similiar after the generation of latest DyndoLOD version update, I noticed all three windmills in Whiterun is missing their building exterior but fans and interiors remained. Something like this and I also had to re-enabled exterior by console.

StepSkyrimSE1.jpg.f92956e5806adfc94931b1ba36f91519.jpg

Once again, I'm not sure if this could related to LOD as I followed the clean save procedure for each new version of DyndoLOD update, and I don't know if missing windmills only happens after updating or it was there before.

Maybe I will have to regen LOD and continue testing with current save for some more time to see if is there any missing object in the worlds. But in mean time, if enabling it by console does no harm, then it's no problem to me.

Thank you all.

1 hour ago, darkrain261 said:

No, it was not persistent. It's only on my ongoing save, all other objects were re-enabled but not for this one. I found it's strange because they were wood posts as clutters on the road and one of them was re-enabled with no problem, but one is still disabled (both have the same base ID and their Ref ID have no persistent flag). If enabling it by console does no harm, then it's normal to me.

You can post a screenshot of that specific wood post in xEdit loaded with all the plugins in your load order, so we can take a look, if you like. Anyway, enabling or disabling by console is harmless in this case.

LOD has nothing to do with it. LOD is a reflection of, and is affected by, objects placed in the world, not the other way around. You will need to regenerate LODs to account for the now re-enabled objects (assuming these objects have LOD).

48 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

You can post a screenshot of that specific wood post in xEdit loaded with all the plugins in your load order, so we can take a look, if you like. Anyway, enabling or disabling by console is harmless in this case.

LOD has nothing to do with it. LOD is a reflection of, and is affected by, objects placed in the world, not the other way around. You will need to regenerate LODs to account for the now re-enabled objects (assuming these objects have LOD).

Here it is. Nothing strange to me. It's from Lux Via and nothing is overwritten it. The other objects in the same tab here are attached to this wood post (torch, rope,...) in-game.

Screenshot(160).thumb.png.0118edcce80d0b2858df8b38e1984d91.pngScreenshot(159).thumb.png.7b01244a0906a7b126de5453aea483fe.png

For LOD, I agree with you and it seems that this doesn't have LOD after all. So no LOD related.