Windhelm Entrance Offset Fix (by wSkeever)

Kattmandu

Discussion topic:
Windhelm Entrance Offset Fix by wSkeever
Wiki Link

This mod requires Base Object Swapper

I never noticed this before, but once you see it, you can't unsee it.

EDIT: I just noticed that Yuril has a mod to fix the offset entrance as well but this mod by wSkeever has no esp nor does the required mod.

Edited by Kattmandu

• Kattmandu changed the title to Windhelm Entrance Offset Fix (by wSkeever)

This seems more like a fix that should be added to USSEP if it isn't already fixed. Can't say I ever noticed, and I had to stare at the compare very hard even with the arrows before I finally figured out what I was looking at. It seems rather strange to me to use targeted Base Object Swapper transforms to fix this, but I guess this was done to limit the amount of patches on the base cell record as required by the more traditional FYX - Windhelm Entrance plugin style fix.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Due to BOS requirement, this probably won't be considered for the Step guide.

I'm ignorant, what is thew connection between the two?  Does BOS modify the Windhelm entrance?

EDIT: Never mind.  When my mouse hovered over BOS on your post, the pop up text said Book of Silence.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Due to BOS requirement, this probably won't be considered for the Step guide.

Genuinely curious, which requirement are you referring to?  The Base Object Swapper page shows "Address Library for SKSE Plugins" and "Powerofthree's Tweaks" as requirements (both of which are currently in the STEP guide).  Or does Base Object Swapper itself have a conflict with a mod in the STEP guide?

21 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I'm ignorant, what is thew connection between the two?  Does BOS modify the Windhelm entrance?

EDIT: Never mind.  When my mouse hovered over BOS on your post, the pop up text said Book of Silence.

I will correct that

12 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Genuinely curious, which requirement are you referring to?  The Base Object Swapper page shows "Address Library for SKSE Plugins" and "Powerofthree's Tweaks" as requirements (both of which are currently in the STEP guide).

We don't intend to use BOS in Step guides, because BOS causes with more trouble than it's worth by obfuscating plugin record sources.

4 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Good to know.  So, it is safer to use the FYX version of the Windhelm entrance offset fix?

Not 'safer' really, but better for manually identifying unresolved plugin conflicts when issues arise.

We would consider the FYX version if you want to put up that topic.