Grass pops in, which is expected, but it does so with inconsistently long delays

Hi again, STEP! Pretty much as the title says: sometimes, when entering a new cell or just a new place where a patch of grass should be, I have to stand in the area for upwards of 10 seconds (and sometimes open the perk menu when that doesn't work) to get the grass to load in. It's inconsistent, too - sometimes it appears instantly, sometimes it doesn't appear at all. I'm NOT running grass LOD at the moment, which I plan to tinker with over the weekend, but I'd like to solve this long-running problem I've been having before that; I'm hoping that there's a known cause for something like this, and that it's not just a CPU limitation. I'll attach my ini files (including the one packaged with Skoglendi, the grass mod I'm using) to this post as well.

Skyrim.ini initweaks.ini SkyrimCustom.ini settings.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini

Skoglendi - A Grass Mod.ini

Edited by S-Matrix

Your ini settings are fine, so I expect this is caused by either the usage of a hard drive instead of a solid state drive, or a slow cpu. Consider pre-caching your grass with NGIO if you have a slow cpu, as that will then only need to load the grass instead of creating it at load time. 

16 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Your ini settings are fine, so I expect this is caused by either the usage of a hard drive instead of a solid state drive, or a slow cpu. Consider pre-caching your grass with NGIO if you have a slow cpu, as that will then only need to load the grass instead of creating it at load time. 

I'm playing on a 1TB SSD (with a lot of space still available), but I don't have a grass pre-cache yet so I'll give that a shot - thanks!