Level scaling mods and STEP?

Hi all!

So I'm kinda tired out from the level scaling in Skyrim being what it is. I stumbled across this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9857/?tab=description but hasen't been maintained and therefore (i assume) doesn't work for the current build. I was wondering if anyone has heard of an AE mod that's similar to this? I want it to be lightweight, as a total gameplay overhaul is not what I'm looking for.

Alternatively I considered MorrowLoot Ultimate, even though it is  a bit more extensive, it also looks promising. 

I mainly consider the possible conflict in the gameplay mods of STEP, but even then? 

I don't wanna waste people times with depth analysis on this issue, mainly wondering if someone themselves have tried it, or if there are anything obvious that would conflict. 

~Sincerely

Halde

6 hours ago, Halde said:

Hi all!

So I'm kinda tired out from the level scaling in Skyrim being what it is. I stumbled across this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9857/?tab=description but hasen't been maintained and therefore (i assume) doesn't work for the current build. I was wondering if anyone has heard of an AE mod that's similar to this? I want it to be lightweight, as a total gameplay overhaul is not what I'm looking for.

Alternatively I considered MorrowLoot Ultimate, even though it is  a bit more extensive, it also looks promising. 

I mainly consider the possible conflict in the gameplay mods of STEP, but even then? 

I don't wanna waste people times with depth analysis on this issue, mainly wondering if someone themselves have tried it, or if there are anything obvious that would conflict. 

~Sincerely

Halde

If you are using Step, you already have the mod needed. You just need to configure it to your liking. We don't offer suggestions:

Skyrim Skill Uncapper for SE and AE

The link you posted points to an Oldrim mod. Whether it has been maintained or not is not important, what matters is whether it was ported and updated for Skyrim SE/AE. Apparently not. So that mod is not an option and should be ignored.

I'm not familiar with MLU (MorrowLoot Ultimate), only aware of it. I'm using Open World Loot (OWL) which is similar to MLU in terms of features.

In terms of conflict, these mods edit a lot of vanilla records (mostly encounter zones, levelled lists and NPC templates). Their edits need to "win" in the load order for them to have the desired effect. So their plugins should be sorted after all other plugins, including the STEP Patch(es) and any kind of bashed/smashed patch you may be using. Order relative to DynDOLOD doesn't matter as it and the loot mods don't conflict at all.

For a STEP Build, you'd need to add patches on top for a few specific mods, otherwise you may never see their additional loot/equipment, you'd only get vanilla stuff:

• WACCF - Armor & Clothing Extension
  • CACO
  • CCOR
  • AMB Content Addon for CCOR
  • Vokrii

The above recommendations are based on my experience with OWL. They might not be valid for MLU.

If you use other mods in addition to the STEP Build, and they add either new loot/equipment items or new enemy types, they'd likely need their own patches so the new items are injected into the appropriate "unlevelled" tiers, or the new enemies are given appropriate "unlevelled" gear, respectively. Automated patchers such as Bash/Smash patches should not be used, as they typically merge all the stuff together, which is the opposite effect of that desired in this case.

• Like 1