Skyland AIO (by Skyking2000)

D1Z4STR

Discussion topic:
Skyland AIO by Skyking2000
Wiki Link

I think its time to move on from Skyrim Realistic Overhaul or a upgraded all-in-one overhaul. Should be no major issues out the box with all options in FOMOD. However, there would be decisions on which textures/meshes conflicting from other mods win in the LO for consistency, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

The big advantage of skyland over SRO, is that every texture is made from scratch, and SRO has some upscaled textures[?].

That advantage might be a problem with STEP mandate if it deviates from vanilla to much, as stated above by z929669. Will be a grand job to first compare the two and after that with the rest of the guide.

But sure would be interesting to see. :)

• 6 months later...

We've not tested this mod mostly because its a visual overhaul in itself. Those supporting its use will need to provide screenshot compares to both vanilla the current Step build ... lots of stuff to compare. If we were testing this, we do so with only this mod being the difference (presumably, overwriting all conflicts) as a basis for comparison.

EDIT: I'd only want to test it's asset changes, because it has a compilation of mod-specific plugins that would need review.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

We've not tested this mod mostly because its a visual overhaul in itself. Those supporting its use will need to provide screenshot compares to both vanilla the current Step build ... lots of stuff to compare. If we were testing this, we do so with only this mod being the difference (presumably, overwriting all conflicts) as a basis for comparison.

EDIT: I'd only want to test it's asset changes, because it has a compilation of mod-specific plugins that would need review.

Sorry as I'm unfamiliar with STEP's mod testing policies. I don't do thorough screenshot-based comparisons myself, so I don't have that kind of data to share with you. I just play through areas of the game, if I like it I keep it, if not I change mods. For me, Skyland AIO is more visual pleasing, and yet still vanilla like so I overwrite Skyrim Realistic Overhaul with Skyland AIO. There are nearly 1400 files that overwrite SRO, and nearly 600 files that SRO doesn't touch.

Edit: Skyland AIO can be installed from its FOMOD to only include meshes and textures (as I typically do). Installing plugins are optional.

Edited by Jerwin
  • Like 1