Cleaning unused masters in STEP Patch Conflict Resolution

Guba

Hello to the Community.

I hope I'm posting in the right place, but I couldn't find a precise topic for this question.
I had to install a mod which was conflicting with ATLAS MAP MARKERS because in the "Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp" was indicated as MASTER.

I have investigated with xEdit and I saw that this dependency was apparently useless, because this "master" wasn't used.
So I proceeded to "clean the unused masters" in xEdit and the dependency (obviously) ahs gone.
Now I'm wondering if you guys had left this "unused master" by will, because in some (obscure to me, but possible) way it is required, or I have done well.
And, in general, I'm asking to you that are the expert (no irony, OK?),  if it is a good strategy to clear unused masters by all the plugins.

Thank you for any reply.

P.S.
In case I have posted in the wrong place (as happened sometimes), please be patient, I apologize in advance.

THIS is very intresting at all!
I haven't thought at this possibility.
Practically it is a trick to force LOOT to sort a plugin into some kind of position, after a master of a certain kind.
What about adding a rule in LOOT "Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp" metadata to specify "load after ATLAS MAP MARKERS" ?

P.S.

BTW it seems I have posted in the right place... ;-)

Edited by Guba
grammar

Cleaning unused masters in the current STEP patch concerns up to 4 or 5 additional plugins, which have no records of their own in the patch. It would be wonderful to have these 'manually added' plugins somewhere listed, perhaps in the changelog, for anyone who changes the patch and uses 'cleaning unused masters'.

That said, i think adding these masters to the patch is a more elegant solution than using LOOT rules on a specific plugin ...

as I said:

"Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp" metadata rule "load after ATLAS MAP MARKERS"

@CorneliusC
I can agree when the problem is not like mine, that AMM is incompatible with another mod.
If I keep CR as it is I cannot install the other mod.

21 minutes ago, Guba said:

"Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp" metadata rule "load after ATLAS MAP MARKERS"

I was slightly off topic there in my comment, but as you said, adding your suggested metadata rule should give you the same result/ load order as with AMM as a master in the STEP patch ...