Helios One

TMike73

After finishing the guide and trying to play, there is some mod in the guide that will not allow me to enter Helios One without getting shot. I talk to the guard in front, and she says to go  talk to "the idiot" in the back, but when I go to the front door to enter, the text is in red as if I am breaking into the place, or stealing something. I can not do anything to enter without getting shot.

That's one of the quests I haven't checked out on the current version of the guide. I doubt it's any of the mods on the list, as none of them edits Helios One specifically. "Strip Lights Region Fix" is the only one that might edit the world space aroung Helios One, but it doesn't touch the related quest. I will load an old save and try to do the quest and report back.

I think it has something to do with Mass Ownership Tweaks...I get the same red text, as if I'm trespassing, or stealing when I try to go into Doc Mitchell's house in Goodsprings. I've also seen a couple posts on that mod page about the same issue with Doc Mitchell's. I tried deleting the Goodspring and Helios One lines in the .ini, like is mentioned on the page, but that didn't do anything. The last version of the guide I had the same issue with Doc Mitchell's, and I turned off that mod, and the problem was resolved with Doc Mitchell's, but with this version of the guide, I can't turn that mod off because the STEP patch requires it as a master.

I'm not sure if that is the actual problem, but I never had any troubles before with that quest on any past modded or vanilla playthroughs.

Hm, Mass Ownership Tweaks is not really needed by the STEP Patch. I have marked it as a master in the guide by mistake. So you can try disabling it and see if things change. Or, alternatively, you can delete everything in the .ini altogether (make a backup of the ini before that), sleep in an interior somewhere for 3 in-game days (that's the reset timer in the game) and go back to Helios.

But, my test showed no issue. I entered Helios One via a speech check, the door wasn't colored in red and nobody shot at me.