DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

2 hours ago, kaytu said:

It appears from the instructions on both sets of links shared that 'cleaning' is valid when a plugin is active. To be clear, the steps I shared before, had not got to the point where I could see a plugin in Vortex.

Here are some screenshots of mods/plugins/load-order-rules that might be more informative.
image.thumb.png.64bd2bcacd9d12c52b1090993e618b13.pngimage.thumb.png.ad8cf741549da8489c95a783ec8f6b21.pngimage.thumb.png.6586b97a9a7225e39ba702307b0fa4de.pngimage.thumb.png.496e615035a99bd3e16e40ace4ca7419.png

I haven't gotten much far into playing the game itself ( downloaded it a couple of days ago ) so I don't mind starting from scratch and re-installing the damn thing.

Please advise.

You need to run Loot from within Vortex to easily understand what vanilla plugins need to be cleaned. Alternatively, you can run Loot standalone. Either way, you need to run xEditQuickAutoClean as well from within Vortex or standalone.

We use MO around here and can't speak much to Vortex. Like MO, the vanilla plugins are not active in Vortex, because they are p[art of the base game and activated inherently by the game itself. That doesn't matter. I know launching Loot and xEdit (and xEditQuickAutoClean) can be done through Vortex (just as DynDOLOD should be launched through Vortex). I think it's set up under the Extensions pane. Try watching this vid, or google running Loot from Vortex.

Otherwise, the links I provided teach you how to do this in MO. Vortex works similarly to MO, but this forum is for DynDOLOD Alpha information. Once you have learned how to clean the dirty plugins using Vortex or MO or xEdit itself, you can post back here if you still have problems with DynDOLOD Alpha.

2 hours ago, kaytu said:

It appears from the instructions on both sets of links shared that 'cleaning' is valid when a plugin is active. To be clear, the steps I shared before, had not got to the point where I could see a plugin in Vortex.

Here are some screenshots of mods/plugins/load-order-rules that might be more informative.
image.thumb.png.64bd2bcacd9d12c52b1090993e618b13.pngimage.thumb.png.ad8cf741549da8489c95a783ec8f6b21.pngimage.thumb.png.6586b97a9a7225e39ba702307b0fa4de.pngimage.thumb.png.496e615035a99bd3e16e40ace4ca7419.png

I haven't gotten much far into playing the game itself ( downloaded it a couple of days ago ) so I don't mind starting from scratch and re-installing the damn thing.

Please advise.

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. The DynDOLOD manual is not a modding guide that explains rudimentary modding practice and 3rd party tools.

If you require help with Vortex, you should read its manual and ask questions on its support forum.

38 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You need to run Loot from within Vortex to easily understand what vanilla plugins need to be cleaned. Alternatively, you can run Loot standalone. Either way, you need to run xEditQuickAutoClean as well from within Vortex or standalone.

We use MO around here and can't speak much to Vortex. Like MO, the vanilla plugins are not active in Vortex, because they are p[art of the base game and activated inherently by the game itself. That doesn't matter. I know launching Loot and xEdit (and xEditQuickAutoClean) can be done through Vortex (just as DynDOLOD should be launched through Vortex). I think it's set up under the Extensions pane. Try watching this vid, or google running Loot from Vortex.

Otherwise, the links I provided teach you how to do this in MO. Vortex works similarly to MO, but this forum is for DynDOLOD Alpha information. Once you have learned how to clean the dirty plugins using Vortex or MO or xEdit itself, you can post back here if you still have problems with DynDOLOD Alpha.

Thank you @z929669
I was able to figure out the problems and like you suggested earlier, I had to run xEdit ( QAC ). I ran it through Vortex like a utility for every error that DynDOLOD gave ( it pretty much threw one for each of the base esm's. ). 

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. The DynDOLOD manual is not a modding guide that explains rudimentary modding practice and 3rd party tools.

If you require help with Vortex, you should read its manual and ask questions on its support forum.

Thank you @sheson. I can imagine how newbies like myself can be irritating. Nonetheless, this forum was able to help me resolve some stuff and I appreciate that. Hopefully, gradually I will learn.

Hi @sheson, I was told to ask you regarding a question I've been having about grass fade. You can read about everything so far from this forum post: STEP Topic Post.

I have an issue where my grass fades before my LOD kicks in, and for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO. Here's a new image of my current testing setup where the issue still occurs: IMGUR Link The image is not from the exact same location but I think it should give enough of an idea what the issue exactly is. After discussing with others such as shizof, all of my configs should be 100% correct, but this fade issue keeps occurring. However, I was told to run a fresh grass cache and DynDOLOD generation and give you the logs as you are quite knowledgeable on these matters. Logs ZIP Download I also only ran the cache and DynDOLOD gen for only "Tamriel" and default, as I felt it unnecessary to generate for other things and it speeds up the process significantly.

I think I've really tried everything, but I hope you can find something to help me out here as I do want to run Skyrim 1.6, not 1.5. Also if we do find this issue, I'd love to pass it on to shizof as I think he'd be glad to fix it or at least warn users how to fix it. Thanks again, and enjoy your holidays!

14 hours ago, bruhcubed said:

Hi @sheson, I was told to ask you regarding a question I've been having about grass fade. You can read about everything so far from this forum post: STEP Topic Post.

I have an issue where my grass fades before my LOD kicks in, and for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO. Here's a new image of my current testing setup where the issue still occurs: IMGUR Link The image is not from the exact same location but I think it should give enough of an idea what the issue exactly is. After discussing with others such as shizof, all of my configs should be 100% correct, but this fade issue keeps occurring. However, I was told to run a fresh grass cache and DynDOLOD generation and give you the logs as you are quite knowledgeable on these matters. Logs ZIP Download I also only ran the cache and DynDOLOD gen for only "Tamriel" and default, as I felt it unnecessary to generate for other things and it speeds up the process significantly.

I think I've really tried everything, but I hope you can find something to help me out here as I do want to run Skyrim 1.6, not 1.5. Also if we do find this issue, I'd love to pass it on to shizof as I think he'd be glad to fix it or at least warn users how to fix it. Thanks again, and enjoy your holidays!

The grass cache does not affect how far full grass is rendered in the active cells. Grass LOD generation does not affect full grass. DynDOLOD does not affect full grass.

>for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO.
The log shows you generated LOD for 1.5.97. Use NGIO and set it to DynDOLODGrassMode=1 so it renders full grass to the square edges of the uGridsToLoad.
Otherwise make sure that the Skyrim INI settings that control grass distance are set high enough so full grass renders to the edge of the active cells.

6 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Just updated all DynDOLOD mods and my "textures do not match" blew up.  I included the doc file.  Just curious if others have had this issue.  Not even sure where to start.

DynDOLOD_Summary_TexturesDoNotMatch.doc 26.48 kB · 0 downloads

Read the fist post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Posts-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Obviously start by reading https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Textures-Do-Not-Match

35 minutes ago, sheson said:

The grass cache does not affect how far full grass is rendered in the active cells. Grass LOD generation does not affect full grass. DynDOLOD does not affect full grass.

>for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO.
The log shows you generated LOD for 1.5.97. Use NGIO and set it to DynDOLODGrassMode=1 so it renders full grass to the square edges of the uGridsToLoad.
Otherwise make sure that the Skyrim INI settings that control grass distance are set high enough so full grass renders to the edge of the active cells.

I am aware that grass rendered in active cells is not affected by DynDOLOD, and also NGIO does function as it should and I'm using the correct config files. The issue is that when I make an upgrade to 1.6, in which I cannot use NGIO, the grass in active cells simply refuses to stop fading even with all of my settings in the inis being all correct with no other mods overwriting it. I have tried this multiple times (probably well over 10 times following STEP guides, your guides, others inis and grass caches etc.) and nothing I do fixes it except NGIO which I find strange. I am also aware that this really does not have much to do with LODs which is why I did not use this forum originally, but I was suggested by @z929669 to make a post here to try to see if your logs or yourself with knowledge on this topic would reveal something about a config issue. I understand if its not possible however and your mod DynDOLOD works perfectly as it should. If nothing can be done then, enjoy the rest of your day.

47 minutes ago, bruhcubed said:

I am aware that grass rendered in active cells is not affected by DynDOLOD, and also NGIO does function as it should and I'm using the correct config files. The issue is that when I make an upgrade to 1.6, in which I cannot use NGIO, the grass in active cells simply refuses to stop fading even with all of my settings in the inis being all correct with no other mods overwriting it. I have tried this multiple times (probably well over 10 times following STEP guides, your guides, others inis and grass caches etc.) and nothing I do fixes it except NGIO which I find strange. I am also aware that this really does not have much to do with LODs which is why I did not use this forum originally, but I was suggested by @z929669 to make a post here to try to see if your logs or yourself with knowledge on this topic would reveal something about a config issue. I understand if its not possible however and your mod DynDOLOD works perfectly as it should. If nothing can be done then, enjoy the rest of your day.

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Whatever full grass does has nothing to do with DynDOLOD. I do not really provide modding support and since the LOD generation does not care about full grass in the game beyond the grass cache files, there also nothing in the logs about it.

Double check all INI settings in the game via console getini. Verify that Grass Cache Helper NG is actually working as intended, in particular in regards to the breaking changes in the 1.6.1130 runtime. If you have problems with 3rd party mods, especially if they are unrelated to LOD/DynDOLOD, then you should be asking their authors or post on its forum/comments section.

On 11/13/2023 at 4:07 AM, User77111 said:

sheson,

I am developing a skyrim overhaul and will be using dyndolod 3. I am beyond impressed with how the program functions although I have a few issues I would like to report on.

I am using skyrim 3d trees + the 3d LODs included on the skyrim 3d trees mod page. 

When generating 3d tree LOD with the latest version of xLODgen the LOD tree branches look like this:

VaBL8zI.png

When generating 3d tree LOD with the latest version of DynDOLOD 3.0 the LOD tree branches look like this:

OjVCCt7.png

It adds an outline to the leaf textures when using DynDOLOD

Also getting this issue with skyrim 3d trees as well when using DynDOLOD, and not when using 3d tree LOD generation on xLODGen:

https://imgur.com/a/cTsPoSH

This happens for only one tree snow model. s3dtrees_treepineforestsnow04.nif

I noticed in the dyndolod changelog you stated this:

DynDOLOD.exe - improve average transparent background color alpha blending

What specifically does this fix apply to? I assumed it was for trees because when running the latest version of DynDOLOD today the LOD trees still look like the second image in the quoted above post. 

You did say I would need to manually alter the 3D LOD meshes for this fix before but is there a way I can adjust DynDOLOD settings without doing this? I do not have permissions to post the edited meshes on nexus.

Also thank you for adding an option to remove terrain underside with x and y coordinates that really helps :) 

47 minutes ago, User77111 said:

Logs File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZTr6s83idVRMZpVZBhxrwDsHHYtmjy_/view?usp=sharing

When using latest version of DynDOLOD, water LOD is weird:

DynDOLOD Enabled:

XPxrWQu.jpg

DynDOLOD Disabled:

xAeUYBd.png

Using latest version of Water for ENB

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-162/?do=findComment&comment=276404

28 minutes ago, User77111 said:

What specifically does this fix apply to? I assumed it was for trees because when running the latest version of DynDOLOD today the LOD trees still look like the second image in the quoted above post. 

You did say I would need to manually alter the 3D LOD meshes for this fix before but is there a way I can adjust DynDOLOD settings without doing this? I do not have permissions to post the edited meshes on nexus.

Also thank you for adding an option to remove terrain underside with x and y coordinates that really helps :) 

The blending had an adverse effects and I had to disable it a later update.

Make a bug report for the mod on Nexus, attach the fixed asset (with correct threshold, maybe fixed textures, too) so the mod author can really include the fixed asset(s) in their next update. Or use a better working/better supported tree mod.

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 163
22 hours ago, User77111 said:

I made a different attempt at blending an average background color for textures where it is black. Hopefully it doesn't have unwanted side effects this time.

Since updating to 163 I've been getting this error.

http://icecream.me/uploads/31f3595963c16ccfa1b27a011985eea2.png

Haven't encountered it on 162 or prior.

This is the texture:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vbiZ7F1EO1s0qqXS0VvQk1NdapLqUiKh/view?usp=sharing

This is the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yd9k0X0IF4znWwCRxd3i-5bnTMqNfq9m/view?usp=sharing

I tried running it through Cathedral Asset Optimizer but it did not process/modify the texture.