DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Hi all, apologies if I've made a mistake in my post, this is my first time on the forum. When running what should be DynDOLOD's final generation step, the LODs themselves, I receive an error at the very last step of processing, one that I couldn't find elsewhere on google - 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Adding DynDOLOD.esp as master to DynDOLOD.esm not possible.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all DynDOLOD related files as well as the installer only to get the same error. I am on the latest version of DynDOLOD with all runtimes and dependencies installed (resources SE + papyrus DLLs). There was no crash or error report generated that I could find, just standalone world logs and the TexGen ones. Does anyone have an idea on what could be causing this? Help would be much appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Onyxeagle171 said:

Hi all, apologies if I've made a mistake in my post, this is my first time on the forum. When running what should be DynDOLOD's final generation step, the LODs themselves, I receive an error at the very last step of processing, one that I couldn't find elsewhere on google - 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Adding DynDOLOD.esp as master to DynDOLOD.esm not possible.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all DynDOLOD related files as well as the installer only to get the same error. I am on the latest version of DynDOLOD with all runtimes and dependencies installed (resources SE + papyrus DLLs). There was no crash or error report generated that I could find, just standalone world logs and the TexGen ones. Does anyone have an idea on what could be causing this? Help would be much appreciated.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

7 minutes ago, Ylikollikas said:

4th version did not cause freeze. Was something discovered that I should account for or fix in my next DynDOLOD run?

Some 3D tree LOD models only used for winter set a wrong shader flag like "Cloud LOD". They also seem to miss the flags ZBufferWrite and maybe DoubleSided in case of crowns/leaves.

Since they have "passthru" in the filename and/or shape names, the shaders are used as is and not normalized.

You can check and change this with NifSkope. If you need help identifying them, let me know.

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies addresses references with object LOD, but doesn't mention dynamic LOD. So I'm assuming they're not supported. I'd appreciate it if you could clarify this point and hint at whether this is something you might try to address in the future.

So far Parent > Child only copies references that have object LOD only.

Here is a test version that also copies references that have dynamic LOD https://mega.nz/file/gNJhlIpC#wYtntkA4Nw6hp9IBFv5tgF_L4ASrjmHDyptzeoS6qhE
Test for side effects in all 5 cities.

View from Tamriel balcony | Harbor with Icerunner | LODs off

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Those 2 screenshots should show more informative console. I assume this shows the full model xx0000C3A.

View from Solitude balcony | Harbor with missing Icerunner | LODs off

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

We typically expect LOD to be turned off when the cells that references are placed into are attached. If you move backwards a cell, you should see the dynamic LOD for the ship.

* By the way, do you know why the console shows the original ship [REFR:2E000C3A] is defined by DynDOLOD.esm? It's actually defined by SaveTheIcerunner.esp:

image.png ???

The base record is defined by the last overwrite for the reference, so base defined shows DynDOLOD.esm. The base record itself is not overwritten, so base last changed is also DynDOLOD.esm. For the why, see https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference#17-Convert-enabled-references

It's set to zero in DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_SolitudeWorld.ini:

; set to 1 to not enable dynamic LOD in this child worldspace
NoDynamicLOD=0

So maybe there's a bug, or I'm not understanding what the effect of this setting is supposed to be.

NoDynamicLOD=0 is what you normally want in order to see dynamic LOD when inside the child worldspace.

NoDynamicLOD=1 disables dynamic LOD when inside the child worldspace.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

You can check and change this with NifSkope. If you need help identifying them, let me know.

That would be appreciated! I was able to find some from going through all the winter 3D lod models that I was able to find, but I don't know if I missed any. I fixed the flags in following models:

Spoiler

- pinus01_53acddabpassthru_lod.nif

- pinus03_2051fbc5passthru_lod.nif

- pinus05_a5dcd7d9passthru_lod.nif

- pinus_tall01_b576ef43passthru_lod.nif

- pinus_tall03_d1ff661epassthru_lod.nif

- pinus_tall05_027cff8dpassthru_lod.nif

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

Those 2 screenshots should show more informative console. I assume this shows the full model xx0000C3A.

Yes. Sorry forgot to include screenshot:

image.jpeg

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

We typically expect LOD to be turned off when the cells that references are placed into are attached. If you move backwards a cell, you should see the dynamic LOD for the ship.

Indeed:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

58 minutes ago, sheson said:

The base record is defined by the last overwrite for the reference, so base defined shows DynDOLOD.esm. The base record itself is not overwritten, so base last changed is also DynDOLOD.esm. For the why, see https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference#17-Convert-enabled-references

Yes, that is not questioned. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I wasn't talking about the base record, I was talking about the reference itself, which is defined in SaveTheIceRunner.esp, not in DynDOLOD.esm:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Here is a test version that also copies references that have dynamic LOD https://mega.nz/file/JVI2kKpQ#LFeiWGH74lL12ZljiPVctCLej_LH2_2UW3b8LSZG5m4
Test for side effects in all 5 cities.

Ok, I'll give it a try. This will take a while...

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Yes. Sorry forgot to include screenshot:

image.jpeg

Indeed:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Yes, that is not questioned. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I wasn't talking about the base record, I was talking about the reference itself, which is defined in SaveTheIceRunner.esp, not in DynDOLOD.esm:

image.jpeg

Ok, I'll give it a try. This will take a while...

Thanks.

Did you actually flag the plugin as master?

Not sure why mfg sees what it seems. it probably has to do with how a master plugins overwrites other master plugins, which is different than non master.

1 hour ago, Ylikollikas said:

That would be appreciated! I was able to find some from going through all the winter 3D lod models that I was able to find, but I don't know if I missed any. I fixed the flags in following models:

Reveal hidden contents

Can you link to the mod on Nexus these files are from?

35 minutes ago, Ylikollikas said:

Its 3D lods for NotW made by from decimating and hand-tuning the models in blender. It also includes winter variants. I haven't yet gotten reply from original author to upload on Nexus.

But anyway, Here they are

Download and run this test version https://mega.nz/file/gNJhlIpC#wYtntkA4Nw6hp9IBFv5tgF_L4ASrjmHDyptzeoS6qhE
Only select a single small worldspace like Blackreach, so it goes through everything quick.
Once its done, search the debug log for "Cloud_LOD" to find loglines like 
<Debug: Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\*passthru_lod.nif Scene Root:5 Shader Flags 2: ZBuffer_Write | Double_Sided | EnvMap_Light_Fade | Cloud_LOD | ... >

I did not find any in the archive, but I am not sure I have the right mod that actually requires all those files. It only checks NIFs that are actually used.

I have a few additional comments:
Static LOD models should not have BSX flags like Havok, Complex or Articulated. If no BSX flags are set the block can be removed. You can search the debug log for "LOD model BSX Flags" and if you see a 3D tree LOD model listed, the block can most likely be removed. LOD models are can be used in the game directly, so wrong, unnecessary flags can cause problems.
For 3D tree LOD models, the shapes that depict crowns should have "Crown" in the shape name. Trunks should have "Trunk" in the shape name. That will allow to apply distinct brightness setting. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model#Combining-Trunks-and-Crowns-Leaves-and-Branches
Like the vanilla game, mods should always use unique filenames (for textures in this case). There shouldn't be duplicate filenames with different data in different folders.