DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

2 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Editor ID is: skyrimesm_01B1F1_WhiterunMainGateRef_WhiterunWorld_DynDOLOD_PARENT_DynDOLOD_NOLOD

Edit DynDOLOD_TES5_ChildworldMatches.txt in notepad and switch the form ids for it around.

skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;
should be
skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;

Whatever comes after this in the line is not important.

Then generate LOD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

So I regenerated the LOD and Im losing appx 20 fps in Whiterun with the new Alpha 130/new parent/child-settings in comparison to the old Alpha 128/old settings/resources. For example: with Alpha version 128/resources 37 I got 55-60 fps in the stairs leading up to Dragonsreach (almost no stutters at all) but with the new Alpha 130/resources 38 and the settings above I get only 30-40 fps with a huge amount of stuttering...

Don't really know what's going on here since my LO is exactly the same as before so maybe you could take a look at the logs here. Thanks for your help.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies
Note that in particular copying references from a parent worldspace to a child worldspace can result in noticeable higher performance requirements.

Do not check Parent > child if better performance is desired over better visuals.
Performance requirements highly depends on how much additional stuff mods add in and around cities.

Or just disable it for a particular world by setting ScanParent=0 for a child worldspace. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Settings-for-Parent-gt-Child

It might be possible generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_WhiterunWorld.ini has somewhat better performance results, as that not copy things that are right beyond the walls.

When using the large reference bugs workarounds, the large reference system can be disabled via the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM for child worldspaces to regain a bit of of performance compared to not using the workarounds.

40 minutes ago, sheson said:

Edit DynDOLOD_TES5_ChildworldMatches.txt in notepad and switch the form ids for it around.

skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;
should be
skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;

Whatever comes after this in the line is not important.

Then generate LOD.

That fixed it, thanks!

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies
Note that in particular copying references from a parent worldspace to a child worldspace can result in noticeable higher performance requirements.

Do not check Parent > child if better performance is desired over better visuals.
Performance requirements highly depends on how much additional stuff mods add in and around cities.

Or just disable it for a particular world by setting ScanParent=0 for a child worldspace. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Settings-for-Parent-gt-Child

It might be possible generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_WhiterunWorld.ini has somewhat better performance results, as that not copy things that are right beyond the walls.

When using the large reference bugs workarounds, the large reference system can be disabled via the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM for child worldspaces to regain a bit of of performance compared to not using the workarounds.

Thanks for the reply.

I regenerated my LOD once again without checking Parent > child and the performance is (of course) a lot better BUT there are also several buildings/models missing outside Whiterun which looks really bad and that was not the case with the Alpha 128/previous patches...

So, I therefore I made a clean save, reverted back to Alpha 128 and Resources 37 (with the EXACT same LO) and Im now once again getting great performance AND no missing buildings/models outside Whiterun. Let me know if you want to have a look at these logfiles as well.

I know its not optimal to use an older Alpha-version but for me its a no-brainer right now since Im getting both excellent performance AND buildings/models outside Whiterun. Which seems to be really hard to achieve with the new version, at least for my setup (although I haven't tried generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 yet...).

Edit: Im not using the reference bugs workaround, so can't be that either Im afriad.

Edited by TheDude

49 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Thanks for the reply.

I regenerated my LOD once again without checking Parent > child and the performance is (of course) a lot better BUT there are also several buildings/models missing outside Whiterun which looks really bad and that was not the case with the Alpha 128/previous patches...

So, I therefore I made a clean save, reverted back to Alpha 128 and Resources 37 (with the EXACT same LO) and Im now once again getting great performance AND no missing buildings/models outside Whiterun. Let me know if you want to have a look at these logfiles as well.

I know its not optimal to use an older Alpha-version but for me its a no-brainer right now since Im getting both excellent performance AND buildings/models outside Whiterun. Which seems to be really hard to achieve with the new version, at least for my setup (although I haven't tried generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 yet...).

Edit: Im not using the reference bugs workaround, so can't be that either Im afriad.

The Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files in older DynDOLOD Resources that got replaced were made for the vanilla references. They do not account for mods changing child or parent worldspaces.
The patches can still be used with latest alpha versions, however they should not be used with the new parent to child worldspace copying together, hence their removal from the latest DynDOLOD Resources. I will make them available as a separate download. It needs additional checks in case users try to use both regardless of instructions.

If performance in Whiterun is a concern, do not install the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch to enable grass.

The large reference bugs workarounds offer an option to regain some performance in child worldspaces by disabling large references in child worldspaces. Regardless of any other options. It will help a it with performance in cities in any case.

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

The Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files in older DynDOLOD Resources that got replaced were made for the vanilla references. They do not account for mods changing child or parent worldspaces.
The patches can still be used with latest alpha versions, however they should not be used with the new parent to child worldspace copying together, hence their removal from the latest DynDOLOD Resources. I will make them available as a separate download. It needs additional checks in case users try to use both regardless of instructions.

If performance in Whiterun is a concern, do not install the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch to enable grass.

The large reference bugs workarounds offer an option to regain some performance in child worldspaces by disabling large references in child worldspaces. Regardless of any other options. It will help a it with performance in cities in any case.

I would be great to be able to try out the Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files with the latest alpha versions, please let me know if I can assist you in testing this.

Yes, I'm aware of the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch too, but since I've precached my grass it doesnt affect performance that much actually. Thanks anyway.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, I will have a close look at the large reference bugs workarounds then!

14 minutes ago, TheDude said:

I would be great to be able to try out the Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files with the latest alpha versions, please let me know if I can assist you in testing this.

Yes, I'm aware of the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch too, but since I've precached my grass it doesnt affect performance that much actually. Thanks anyway.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, I will have a close look at the large reference bugs workarounds then!

Cached grass does not affect the FPS requirement of rendering the full grass. The grass cache removes the need/time required to create grass placements when new cells are loaded.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Cached grass does not affect the FPS requirement of rendering the full grass. The grass cache removes the need/time required to create grass placements when new cells are loaded.

Aha, ok, thanks for clearing that up!

14 hours ago, sheson said:

@Jadeath @PurpleYellowRosa @MisterMorden

Check if this test versions runs through https://mega.nz/file/YIpnyJ4I#CiKiAQirG2Ix1UCHnfPjIUbDeS7Lee5aeyKGTkCSK-Q

Test if Alpha-131 fixed the issue.

Upload new logs either way.

Still no good, but this time I got an access violation instead of range check error. Here's the logs:

https://ufile.io/n539187c

Edited by PurpleYellowRosa

Thank you for the huge update Sheson! I personally am not able to test it at the moment but the Child/Parent worldspace copy feature is definitely a game changer. I want to ask though, with this feature enabled, can we still make Markarth use Tamriel LOD Data to get better graphics, or is this edit completely redundant now?