DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

On 3/28/2021 at 7:59 PM, heX_ said:

Why did  you set the texture size to 2048? 

Use 256 for up to 1440p, 512 for 2160p. Anything beyond just wastes VRAM and is never used.
Ignore posts made by clueless people on other discussion boards. They either are of the "higher must be better" faction or just troll people with silly high settings. They are easily recognizes, because they keep swearing and calling other people names without ever actually discussing the actual technical details. Which is not surprising, since they need to cover up their lack of basic knowledge about these things.

Need to make that more clear in the options Window I  suppose and the help.

Now why exactly the OpenGL driver doesn't want to render a 8k while it reports it can do 32k I am not sure. Maybe it is not checking the right format or something.

1 minute ago, sheson said:

Use 256 for up to 1440p, 512 for 2160p. Anything beyond is just wastes VRAM and is never used.

Need to make that more clear the options Window I  suppose.

Is that the issue? I'll change it.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Use 256 for up to 1440p, 512 for 2160p. Anything beyond just wastes VRAM and is never used.

Need to make that more clear the options Window I  suppose.

I use 1440p and a while back with 2.x version I specifically tested 256, 512 and 1024 making screenshots and afterwards zooming in on the images and really trying to find improvement differences and there were none.  And I mean ABSOLUTELY none.  I really did go out of my way to find them.  I think it would be a really good idea to specify what texture resolutions to use for what monitor resolution even as a guide rather than a recommendation.  That's just how the mind works for somebody that has spent lots of money on a video card, the standard recommended setting must just not be good enough unless it specifically says what to use.  It doesn't matter that somebody is trying to see 2000x2000 pixels in a 5x5 square on their screen, they'll still keep on trying.

I would suggest, if possible, to implement four settings for say 1080p, 1440p and 4k and "custom" resolutions.  That way the custom would be the only way to be able to manually specify the texture resolution in case somebody is using custom textures that require manual selection.

7 hours ago, domjam said:

Grass LOD is currently only available for Skyrim Special Edition?  dose that mean it wont work with Enderal Special edition?

Enderal SE is a mod for Skyrim Special Edition, so of course it does. This question already answered itself.

9 minutes ago, ikonomov said:

The "Information and Discussion" link on the nexus for 3.0 are still pointing to the old url forum.step-project.com and it's not redirecting properly anymore to this thread.

Fixed. Thanks.

On the subject of mentioning insignificant things, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but in the .ini files for DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and the others) I've noticed Open Cities Skyrim;OpenCities for WarnModFileName, where previously in v.2.x it was just Open Cities Skyrim.

15 hours ago, sheson said:

Enderal SE is a mod for Skyrim Special Edition, so of course it does. This question already answered itself.

ok you say in your instructions. you need no grass on objects mod for it to work. am i supposed to install that and key in the settings as explaind on the mod page or do i just install it and use the settings in your explination. also  am i supposed to precach the grass before or after generating textgen and DynDOLOD. thanks

Edited by domjam

On 3/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, epx said:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/DG0XKhq/175513e7

Hello, good afternoon, I have this problem any ideas?
It only happens with snow mountains.

That's the only problem I have, otherwise everything works fine.

Screen-Shot135.png

Help please.

I believe this is a snow shader issue.

I've never been able to actually fix it myself but the workaround for me is to disable the snow shader from the record affecting that nif in xEdit. In game it will look normal again, but it won't have the "snowed-on" effect that it was intended to have by whatever mod applies it to that placed object...

9 hours ago, domjam said:

ok you say in your instructions. you need no grass on objects mod for it to work. am i supposed to install that and key in the settings as explaind on the mod page or do i just install it and use the settings in your explination. also  am i supposed to precach the grass before or after generating textgen and DynDOLOD. thanks

The second post, which is a copy of ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html, explains the requirements, settings and instructions to generate grass LOD.

For example: Grass LOD generation requires a warmed precache from No Grass In Objects for the current load order. It uses the *.CGID files found in the ..\Data\Grass\ folder.

3 hours ago, SuzanoSho said:

I believe this is a snow shader issue.

I've never been able to actually fix it myself but the workaround for me is to disable the snow shader from the record affecting that nif in xEdit. In game it will look normal again, but it won't have the "snowed-on" effect that it was intended to have by whatever mod applies it to that placed object...

We already determined this happens because a plugin from a mod was not part of the load order when generating LOD. If the plugin is added to the load order later, The DynDOLOD plugin(s) need to be updated to have these changes carried forward. Either by manual conflict resolution or by generating LOD the new load order.

1 hour ago, WYH77787980 said:

Can anyone give me an opinion on how the snow in the distance is going to have significantly whiter chunks of snow that stick out of the ground, I use the snow of the cathedral, the majestic mountains, and generate the underside

How is this related to DynDOLOD 3 alpha version? Is the mentioned snow in any way different than with DynDOLOD 2.x?