DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 hour ago, Goodfella said:

Having an error saying broken lods, it looks like it's from 3d trees

As explained on the first post, upload the log and debug log to a file or text service.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Do not install any 3rd party tree LOD billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired LOD billboards.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Wrong-Billboard-Path for an explanation of that message.

The message about the broken terrain LOD meshes makes it obvious that the problem has nothing to do with billboards, since the message explains the actual problem is with terrain LOD meshes and offers two solutions how to fix it.

Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected. Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues. Permamently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link on the message to open https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen
If a mod is used that ships with pre-made terrain LOD meshes generated with long outdated and buggy Oscape, there might be a message about broken terrain LOD meshes requiring replacement. The easiest and quickest solution is to simply generate terrain LOD meshes with the 'SSE Terrain Tamriel Extend' plugin installed from the requirements as explained below.

1 hour ago, Aegison said:

So I loaded the generated Dyndolod with your new script into a new game and my existing game (with a clean save) and traveled around the map.  I haven't seen the lanterns show up.  It was very random but usually they would show up after a few load screens and they never did in my 10 minutes of testing.  Your new script most likely fixed the issue.

Here are my log files including the large debug file.

https://mega.nz/file/1A4gGBpT#fUx2zOTDymvulfoun6BYUk6K6xIGoxF52oQON_CmJ2o

That is great! Thanks for letting us know.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, sheson said:

Out oft curiosity, could you ceck if https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779
and its max operations per tasks makes a difference?

The scripts try to do something in parallel, but it is possible in some situations it might be better do just do things sequentially.

sheson, will the new version make any changes to the scrips based on the improved results seen with the papyrus tweaks mod you'd suggested?  I tried playing a few more times with it's settings turned up above default and while the lod blink in finished faster and happened less often, I do still see it a bit when exiting child worlds.  I did generate my underside mesh with higher quality settings (4) the last time I ran dyndolod...could the drawing of that mesh be part of the issue?

2 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

sheson, will the new version make any changes to the scrips based on the improved results seen with the papyrus tweaks mod you'd suggested?  I tried playing a few more times with it's settings turned up above default and while the lod blink in finished faster and happened less often, I do still see it a bit when exiting child worlds.  I did generate my underside mesh with higher quality settings (4) the last time I ran dyndolod...could the drawing of that mesh be part of the issue?

Test with attached Scripts 3 for PapayrusUtil.

SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex SHESON_DynDOLOD_Firstborn.pex

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hellfire28 said:

Is it OK to have multiple DynDOLOD outputs loaded? Like Tamerial in one and the other world spaces in another? One output for all worldspaces is super large and keeps either crashing or being corrupted when I try adding the zip folder to Vortex. Thanks! 

It is not possible to mix different outputs with different plugins and dynamic LOD data files. Only the worldspace in the mod with the winning plugins and data files will have a properly working LOD patch. Meshes and textures for different worldspaces can just be merged of course, but especially Tamriel  object LOD requires DynDOLOD plugins to be active or there would be a couple visuals issues.

Use a working mod manager or unpack (with 7zip for example) the output manually into the mod folder. Or do not zip the output and manually move the output to the mod folder with a file manager (Windows Explorer for example). Best to ask/report on the appropriate forum/discordf or the third party tool if you have issues with it.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

It is not possible to mix different outputs with different plugins and dynamic LOD data files. Only the worldspace in the mod with the winning plugins and data files will have a properly working LOD patch. Meshes and textures for different worldspaces can just be merged of course, but especially Tamriel  object LOD requires DynDOLOD plugins to be active or there would be a couple visuals issues.

Use a working mod manager or unpack (with 7zip for example) the output manually into the mod folder. Or do not zip the output and manually move the output to the mod folder with a file manager (Windows Explorer for example). Best to ask/report on the appropriate forum/discordf or the third party tool if you have issues with it.

Thanks for your help!

9 hours ago, Hellfire28 said:

Is it OK to have multiple DynDOLOD outputs loaded? Like Tamerial in one and the other world spaces in another? One output for all worldspaces is super large and keeps either crashing or being corrupted when I try adding the zip folder to Vortex. Thanks! 

A lot of people seem to think that mod content needs to be archived into 7z or zip files, but it doesn't. This adds extra time and work for the mod manager to extract the information, so with a huge archive, I can imagine things wouldn't work as smoothly. None of my mods are archived in MO outside of BSAs shipping with a given mod. When I tested Vortex, it worked the same way (none of my mods were archived into 7z or zip files). More space consumed but no extraction overhead.

Just copy the DynDOLOD Output directly into a mod, and prioritize it highest in your mod list. Do the same with terrain LOD output and TexGen output.

I know mods are downloaded as archives in 7z format (or could be zip or rar in rare cases), but the mod manager extracts them and the relevant content on 'install' if you go into your mods folder:

Vortex: %APPDATA%\Roaming\Vortex\{gameName}\mods\

MO (instance): %LOCALAPPDATA%\ModOrganizer\{instanceName}\mods\

... so archiving generated LOD output into a mod without using the mod manager to 'install' (i.e., extract) it is probably not ideal.

19 hours ago, sheson said:

As explained on the first post, upload the log and debug log to a file or text service.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Do not install any 3rd party tree LOD billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired LOD billboards.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Wrong-Billboard-Path for an explanation of that message.

The message about the broken terrain LOD meshes makes it obvious that the problem has nothing to do with billboards, since the message explains the actual problem is with terrain LOD meshes and offers two solutions how to fix it.

Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected. Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues. Permamently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link on the message to open https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen
If a mod is used that ships with pre-made terrain LOD meshes generated with long outdated and buggy Oscape, there might be a message about broken terrain LOD meshes requiring replacement. The easiest and quickest solution is to simply generate terrain LOD meshes with the 'SSE Terrain Tamriel Extend' plugin installed from the requirements as explained below.

Thank you for the quick reply and assistance!

Hi there report a situation(Alpha105).

Dyndolodx64.exe stuck at finished.

Log page pop up but the "exit and zip&save" window didn't. program just freezed and no respoding.

after force close, dyndolod output folder has no dyndolod.esp, dyndolod.esm, and occlusion.esp file, but with mesh, skse, and textures.

previous version is just fine.

1 hour ago, BISOM said:

Hi there report a situation(Alpha105).

Dyndolodx64.exe stuck at finished.

Log page pop up but the "exit and zip&save" window didn't. program just freezed and no respoding.

after force close, dyndolod output folder has no dyndolod.esp, dyndolod.esm, and occlusion.esp file, but with mesh, skse, and textures.

previous version is just fine.

Read the first post which log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

Saving plugins and zipping the output can take a while, so be patient. If it truly gets stuck at saving or zipping, make sure that Windows UAC, antvir etc. are not interfering.

Make sure there are no old plugins or zip files in the output that might prevent saving the newer files. It is best if the output folder is empty.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

Saving plugins and zipping the output can take a while, so be patient. If it truly gets stuck at saving or zipping, make sure that Windows UAC, antvir etc. are not interfering.

Make sure there are no old plugins or zip files in the output that might prevent saving the newer files. It is best if the output folder is empty.

Thanks for reply!

I have checked Windows UAC, antvir etc, and close everything might effect dyndolod

and..sadly problems still there...

bugreport.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt doesn't exist, DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log is about 270MB....can't upload (lol)

btw, the last log i saw is 

"Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked"

forced exit dyndolod, it show very quick

"abort saving DynDoLOD.esm : Operation aborted"

#I'm on win11 

thanks for your time!

11 minutes ago, BISOM said:

Thanks for reply!

I have checked Windows UAC, antvir etc, and close everything might effect dyndolod

and..sadly problems still there...

bugreport.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt doesn't exist, DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log is about 270MB....can't upload (lol)

btw, the last log i saw is 

"Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked"

forced exit dyndolod, it show very quick

"abort saving DynDoLOD.esm : Operation aborted"

#I'm on win11 

thanks for your time!

Use a file service for large log files as explained on the first post and in my signature.

It seems likely that something blocks files access, which prevents the xEdit code from completing saving the plugins.

If the user aborts something by exiting, it is normal for the log to show that in the log.