DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

18 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Sorry to put my 2 cents in, but don't the glow windows usually hover a little in front of the windows on the lod model to avoid z fighting, or something to that effect?

They should only do that in in the LOD area, not in the active cell area when getting close, which is what the screenshot seems to be from.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PublicGoat said:

Im trying to use the xlodgen but it doesnt make an endless ocean like I want it to.

Terrain LOD is generated for areas for which at least one CELL record exists. LAND record is not required, it will use the default terrain/water height from the worldspace record.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q=Source framebuffer objects unsupported. &search_and_or=and

i searched for the error im receiving, with no results ^

first attempt i got Out of memory, though i am using the x64 build, then from there out, opengl: framebuffer objects unsupported

https://pastebin.com/D99PFGM4 out of memory log

https://pastebin.com/nUU2JVh9 framebuffer not supported log

steps i've taken -

delete the dyndolod 3 folder and reinstall

run mo2 and texgenx64 as administrator

configure texgen64 to use 3090 ti as opengl gpu in nvidia control panel ( it says directcompute not available in logs?)

reinstall dyndolod resources se

installed .net 6.07 runtime x86 and x64- turns out i had installed .net desktop runtime instead last time

deleted dyndolod dll vr/SKSE plugin (i have papyrus util installed too)

uninstalled papyrus util and reinstalled dyndolod vr dll, followed dyndolod vr dll skse plugin

tried the oposite order

tried just dyndolod vr dll and dyndolod resources se

tried just dyndolod vr skse plugin and dyyndolod resources

moved all dyndolod related stuff to the very bottom of the install order

https://pastebin.com/6gWAtKKZ this is the log of all these different configurations

please. help. me.

my memory is not full at all. i have 32gb of ddr4 ram, 24gb of ddr6x vram. 

HELP PLEASE

Edited by tooandrew

3 hours ago, tooandrew said:

so i forgot to reboot after installing the correct .net runtime. of course i fixed it 10 minutes after i beg for help. word to the wise .net 6.0.7 desktop runtime is not what you want

I moved your posts to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. For future reference, read the first post where to post, which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts and to search this thread for similar problems. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=texgen opengl memory&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=16796

TexGen does not really use .Net, so it seems likely that the reboot cleared up the resources being used by several processes. Resources like video memory are controlled by the OS/drivers - which is what is telling TexGen it can not have any more memory.

I'm trying Happy Little Trees 1.04 and I used Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - (Quality)

Just outside the gate at Whiterun, the lookout on the left, I took a screen shot of the trees next to the mountain base. 

I posted a question about this at Nexusmods - Happy Little Trees, z929669 replied saying these are Vanilla LOD, that I am seeing in the distance.

On the Steps Guide for SSE, I am using default settings for xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD-HD-QHD.

In DynDOLOD, besides 'LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard1' I also tried, 'LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Level1, LOD16/Level2'.

Here's a screen shot of how the trees look in the distance next to Whiterun, just outside the gate. They don't look too good, so I'm not sure why they aren't showing the 3D LODs with nicer detail.

This is also a problem with every tree mod I run into, the trees looking this bad in the distance. But EVT doesn't look quite as bad, so far, they're the only tree mod that looks fairly decent in the distance. SFO, Happy Little Trees, Myrkvior, Treerific, and a few others I can't think of right now, all look bad at around this distance, which, I didn't think would be considered far in the game, to have such poor looking models...

THANKS

Trees-At-Whiterun.thumb.jpg.9b168e0f5e6b6a425213746da9f934b2.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by mooit

4 hours ago, mooit said:

I'm trying Happy Little Trees 1.04 and I used Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - (Quality)

Just outside the gate at Whiterun, the lookout on the left, I took a screen shot of the trees next to the mountain base. 

I posted a question about this at Nexusmods - Happy Little Trees, z929669 replied saying these are Vanilla LOD, that I am seeing in the distance.

On the Steps Guide for SSE, I am using default settings for xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD-HD-QHD.

In DynDOLOD, besides 'LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard1' I also tried, 'LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Level1, LOD16/Level2'.

Here's a screen shot of how the trees look in the distance next to Whiterun, just outside the gate. They don't look too good, so I'm not sure why they aren't showing the 3D LODs with nicer detail.

This is also a problem with every tree mod I run into, the trees looking this bad in the distance. But EVT doesn't look quite as bad, so far, they're the only tree mod that looks fairly decent in the distance. SFO, Happy Little Trees, Myrkvior, Treerific, and a few others I can't think of right now, all look bad at around this distance, which, I didn't think would be considered far in the game, to have such poor looking models...

THANKS

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini 18.99 kB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 3.81 MB · 0 downloads

You need to look at your ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt to see what LOD models are or are not found according to your plugins. My guess is that these are vanilla billboards and that you are trying to run multiple tree mods that affect the same vanilla trees, and the winning plugin doesn't find the LOD models you need.

Only install ONE tree mod.

Remove all LOD models for trees from other mods.

Re-run TexGen and DynDOLOD.

If I disable DynDOLD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp in my mod manager, my game runs fine and I'm able to load saves and start new games. If I enable those plugins, the game won't load a save or start a new game and CTDs. Here are the mods I'm using that are relevant to DynDOLOD generation:

- Skyrim Flora Overhaul

- Majestic Mountains

- Skyland AIO

- Enhanced Landscapes

- Nature of the Wild Lands

Now since my game runs perfectly without the DynDOLOD esm and esp enabled, I'm assuming that my load order and dependencies for the above mods are correct (there were no noticeable issues after a couple hours of running around and looking at landscapes / cities). For some reason, compiling those mods into LOD generation and enabling the esp / esm is crashing my game. Do any of these mods have known conflicts with DynDOLOD 3? I'm aware it's still in alpha.

I have the proper billboards and LOD files from all of those mods above in order to generate my own LODs with DynDOLOD, I have all the necessary requirements installed like Papyrus Util, DynDOLOD Resources, DLL and Scripts, I have the correct Address Library installed, and I know how to run TexGen and DynDOLOD without any issues, so I don't think I'm missing anything obvious. I've also checked the FAQ and made the SaveGameMaxSize edit in Engine Fixes and enabled UI Compression in skyrim.ini.

Has anyone else run into similar issues with these mods above or ones like them and know of a fix?

So I am stuck installing this for VR, first it has an error with open cities, then an issue with USSEP, there is a patch for USSEP to work in VR which I have, and this patcher is apparently out of date? DynDOLOD wont continue loading with USSEP and I cant disable it or not use it cause other mods need USSEP. What do I do here?

2 hours ago, technofolklore said:

If I disable DynDOLD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp in my mod manager, my game runs fine and I'm able to load saves and start new games. If I enable those plugins, the game won't load a save or start a new game and CTDs. Here are the mods I'm using that are relevant to DynDOLOD generation:

- Skyrim Flora Overhaul

- Majestic Mountains

- Skyland AIO

- Enhanced Landscapes

- Nature of the Wild Lands

Now since my game runs perfectly without the DynDOLOD esm and esp enabled, I'm assuming that my load order and dependencies for the above mods are correct (there were no noticeable issues after a couple hours of running around and looking at landscapes / cities). For some reason, compiling those mods into LOD generation and enabling the esp / esm is crashing my game. Do any of these mods have known conflicts with DynDOLOD 3? I'm aware it's still in alpha.

I have the proper billboards and LOD files from all of those mods above in order to generate my own LODs with DynDOLOD, I have all the necessary requirements installed like Papyrus Util, DynDOLOD Resources, DLL and Scripts, I have the correct Address Library installed, and I know how to run TexGen and DynDOLOD without any issues, so I don't think I'm missing anything obvious. I've also checked the FAQ and made the SaveGameMaxSize edit in Engine Fixes and enabled UI Compression in skyrim.ini.

Has anyone else run into similar issues with these mods above or ones like them and know of a fix?

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Pay attention to the log message https://dyndolod.info/Messages and summary https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages.

Read the the answer for "ILS or CTD" at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

Read the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt included in the standalone archive. First check the crash log from .Net Framework or Crash Logger. Upload the crash log if help is needed.

You list a couple of mods that you believe are relevant to the LOD patch generation. It is guaranteed to  be incomplete. Use modwat.ch or loadorderlibrary.com instead.

11 hours ago, mooit said:

THANKS

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini 18.99 kB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 3.81 MB · 2 downloads

I moved your post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. 

Read the first post which debug log to also upload when making posts.

Pay attention to the log message https://dyndolod.info/Messages and the summary https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages.
The HITMEs could be relevant.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

As explained, for every tree you want 3D tree LOD, a matching 3D tree LOD model needs to be installed. Check the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt file for the tree base records in question to see what LOD assets were found and used for them.

Make sure the DynDOLOD output is not overwritten by anything.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:09 PM, audawarduz said:

I suspect the direct/ambient settings in TexGen will produce "better" results for color matching

Sorry if this is treated elsewhere but what direct/ambient settings in TexGen will produce darker grass lods?  In other words, which way should I change the settings for direct and ambient to get darker lods.

Edited by Dez756

1 hour ago, Dez756 said:

Sorry if this is treated elsewhere but what direct/ambient settings in TexGen will produce darker grass lods?  In other words, which way should I change the settings for direct and ambient to get darker lods.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen (opens when click the Help button), scrolling down to https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Direct-Ambient-Smoothness
These settings change the direct (default from top) and ambient lighting strength for the created diffuse texture and the smoothness of the created normal map textures.
Use the Preview button to see changes to these settings in real time. Click the Use button in the preview window to use the new settings.

Lower numbers mean less light strength = darker, which can easily be seen when using the preview as suggested.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off. Especially the image based lighting effect from ENB has a big impact on the brightness and color tone of the grass LOD.