DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

5 hours ago, toggy_wonga said:

Now i'm getting an error with DynDOLOD 3, so I'm generating all the worldspaces for my modlist and all of them work except for 2: The Island of Phoe and the Akaviri Spirit World, both from this mod. Can I just uncheck the generation for those two worldspaces and just have a vanilla (for the mod) map? Or will DynDOLOD not like that? 

These are the log files if it helps

LODGen_SSE_A00Phoe_log.txt 1.67 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_A00SpiritGarden_log.txt 1.52 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

3 hours ago, Razwerkz said:

DynDOLOD is hanging on Skyrim.esm.  What should I do?

[00:48] Processing 38486 base records for 2944 object LOD and 292 dynamic LOD models
[00:55] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 16710) while processing Skyrim.esm NorExtRubblePile01_Ice [STAT:0010AAEC]
Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 16710) while processing Skyrim.esm NorExtRubblePile01_Ice [STAT:0010AAEC]
Error: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 16710) while processing Skyrim.esm NorExtRubblePile01_Ice [STAT:0010AAEC]

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

If there is an error prompt, then use its "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link as explained in the first post.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:25 AM, sheson said:

Typically unattached instances can only happen if the  clean save routine was not done or maybe if the game was saved while scripts are being dumped from stack or similar problems. They can be removed.

Is clean save routine is this thing?

• Deactivate DynDOLOD from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM if available. Wait for the deactivation message.
  • Go into an interior, like a house.
  • Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM that DynDOLOD is still deactivated if available or use the wait menu to wait 24 game hours.
  • Save and exit the game.
  • Remove or disable the current DynDOLOD output, including the DynDOLOD plugins and Occlusion.esp. Consider keeping a backup.
  • Start the game, load the last save made above and wait a bit.
  • Save and exit the game. This save is now considered to be the clean save.

I did exactly by instruction, almost sure where was no stack. At least resaver doesnt tell it is.

I will clear with resaver and pay attention next time.

Would it be possible to add parallax to tree billboards? I feel like that would look very good in SkyrimVR without sacrificing much performance.

Another thing that might look good is multiple textures per billboard, for instance, 8 textures for each tree. Each one would be for a different angle and they would swap textures based on which direction you are looking at it from. This would make trees look 3D, without having to render the entire thing. 

@sheson 

Do you remember why you set the two-sided flag on the hwoverpasslod.bgsm material in the FO4LODGen Resources? Does it perhaps allow the bottom of the lods to display a texture where there previously wasn't, or perhaps block sunlight? Unfortunately, it seems to cause some z-fighting on some of the LODs. Easy solution is to unset the flag, but I'm hesitant to do so, since I believe you did it on purpose, in which case it would be better for me to find the LODs with issues and redirect to a separate non-two-sided material, or find some other solution.

With two-sided flag, some z-fighting on some pieces:

Without two-sided flag:

9 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

@sheson 

Do you remember why you set the two-sided flag on the hwoverpasslod.bgsm material in the FO4LODGen Resources? Does it perhaps allow the bottom of the lods to display a texture where there previously wasn't, or perhaps block sunlight? Unfortunately, it seems to cause some z-fighting on some of the LODs. Easy solution is to unset the flag, but I'm hesitant to do so, since I believe you did it on purpose, in which case it would be better for me to find the LODs with issues and redirect to a separate non-two-sided material, or find some other solution.

With two-sided flag, some z-fighting on some pieces:

It is so the beams (of the two level highways)  show from both side.

If there is a normal game situation where the z-fighting on top can be seen, then let me know the coordinates, form ids, LOD model involved etc.

22 hours ago, had said:

Is clean save routine is this thing?

• Deactivate DynDOLOD from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM if available. Wait for the deactivation message.
  • Go into an interior, like a house.
  • Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM that DynDOLOD is still deactivated if available or use the wait menu to wait 24 game hours.
  • Save and exit the game.
  • Remove or disable the current DynDOLOD output, including the DynDOLOD plugins and Occlusion.esp. Consider keeping a backup.
  • Start the game, load the last save made above and wait a bit.
  • Save and exit the game. This save is now considered to be the clean save.

I did exactly by instruction, almost sure where was no stack. At least resaver doesnt tell it is.

I will clear with resaver and pay attention next time.

Those are the instructions from https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save.

If the are no unattached instance after doing that, then the clean save procedure was performed correctly. There only should be orphaned scripts, which will not be orphaned anymore once the clean save is loaded with the DynDOLOD plugins again.

21 hours ago, had said:

Interestingly im getting infinite load on exiting whiterun after cleaned save.

This all reads like there is a mod/script causing problems.

17 hours ago, DonFlymoor said:

Would it be possible to add parallax to tree billboards? I feel like that would look very good in SkyrimVR without sacrificing much performance.

Another thing that might look good is multiple textures per billboard, for instance, 8 textures for each tree. Each one would be for a different angle and they would swap textures based on which direction you are looking at it from. This would make trees look 3D, without having to render the entire thing. 

LOD shaders do not support parallax.

The engine does not support swapping of textures based on view angle AFAIK. LOD does not support a billboard mode where they always face the camera.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

If the are no unattached instance after doing that, then the clean save procedure was performed correctly.

Well i dont know, my only suspect was i didnt waited enough after removing dyndolod and making new save. Now i loaded save (it have no unattached instances, deactivated dyndolod and in interior) without dyndolod esm/esp, waited more and made new save, and it still getting unattached instances.

Loaded what save with my current version of dyndolod output (yes, probably bad idea given ids probably changed) and getting same 11 unattached instances.

Maybe it because something about papyrus in changelog? (checked, i upgraded from a94 to a95) Or resaver problem?

3 hours ago, sheson said:

This all reads like there is a mod/script causing problems.

Non cleaned by resaver save works fine. If i clean i got stuck on exit.

Since then i installed/updated some mods and. Still all was clamed safe to install/update by author.

So maybe it is not related to dyndolod.

Here not all scripts have sheson in name, idk it is yours or not.

fuuaSvj.png

Another question, if i want to remove Majestic Mountains, do i need clean save?

Edited by had

39 minutes ago, had said:

Well i dont know, my only suspect was i didnt waited enough after removing dyndolod and making new save. Now i loaded save (it have no unattached instances, deactivated dyndolod and in interior) without dyndolod esm/esp, waited more and made new save, and it still getting unattached instances.

Loaded what save with my current version of dyndolod output (yes, probably bad idea given ids probably changed) and getting same 11 unattached instances.

Maybe it because something about papyrus in changelog? Or resaver problem?

Non cleaned by resaver save works fine. If i clean i got stuck on exit.

Since then i installed/updated some mods and. Still all was clamed safe to install/update by author.

So maybe it is not related to dyndolod.

Here not all scripts have sheson in name, idk it is yours or not.

fuuaSvj.png

Maybe you have a mod/script causing problems. Check the papyrus log.
If cleaning saves causes problems, then do not clean saves. Especially if everything works as expected in the game.

Check the scripts folder of DynDOLOD Resources to see the papyrus scripts filenames which belong to DynDOLOD. They all start with SHESON_DynDOLOD_*

56 minutes ago, had said:

Was wrong here. It have no unattached instances.

Idk if it important.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Check the papyrus log.

Oh, i have error bloat from another mod.

Idk if it related to infinite loading then i tried to clean last time.

Probably would be a good idea to remove it and clean save, but i might get infinite loading again. Or even worse some not quickly spotable problem.

Would be not cool if my save so ruined so i cant clean.

1 hour ago, had said:

Guess i need another clean save and generating from scratch.