DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

59 minutes ago, had said:

I spotted toxic water lods sometimes like this.

KazitSh.jpeg

qYITt2A.jpeg

If i save and restart game lods are fine.

aLKrZmX.jpeg

VfothQV.jpeg

Any suggestions?

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works
In this distant LOD area the game shows terrain LOD (includes LOD for cell sized water), object LOD and tree LOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-LOD
At the moment DynDOLOD does not create, update or otherwise change terrain LOD or water LOD. How the LOD water looks is defined by the LOD water record defined on the worldspace record of the highest plugin at generation time, which is copied to create the DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugins.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works
In this distant LOD area the game shows terrain LOD (includes LOD for cell sized water), object LOD and tree LOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-LOD
At the moment DynDOLOD does not create, update or otherwise change terrain LOD or water LOD. How the LOD water looks is defined by the LOD water record defined on the worldspace record of the highest plugin at generation time, which is copied to create the DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugins.

Last time i was here it was water lod problem related to dyndolod.

Maybe it not a case for this problem, i dont know how to narrow it.

Since it fixes on game reload i cant remove dyndolod output to check if it is case.

56 minutes ago, had said:

Last time i was here it was water lod problem related to dyndolod.

Maybe it not a case for this problem, i dont know how to narrow it.

Since it fixes on game reload i cant remove dyndolod output to check if it is case.

What is preventing you from checking if LOD water record was properly forwarded to the generated plugins?

What is preventing you from testing the load order without DynDOLOD output to see if water LOD is sometimes doing whatever?

Troubleshooting always works the same. Remove everything until only the problematic stuff remains.

If there is any connection, test generating LOD without any LOD assets from third party (water) mods.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

What is preventing you from checking if LOD water record was properly forwarded to the generated plugins?

Yes, i checked in sse edit and seems like everything from rwt2 is forwarded.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

What is preventing you from testing the load order without DynDOLOD output to see if water LOD is sometimes doing whatever?

Sometimes part, Its very random, if you have no hints, i will try to find a way to reproduce it.

To updated to newest dyndolod version i removed it in mcm, saved, removed plugins, saved, used new dyndolod to generated, continued with new plugins.

Now (after couple of days playing) i spotted unattached instances in resaver, should i care?

5 hours ago, had said:

To updated to newest dyndolod version i removed it in mcm, saved, removed plugins, saved, used new dyndolod to generated, continued with new plugins.

Now (after couple of days playing) i spotted unattached instances in resaver, should i care?

Typically unattached instances can only happen if the  clean save routine was not done or maybe if the game was saved while scripts are being dumped from stack or similar problems. They can be removed.

So I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, but when I upgraded from Dyndolod 2 to 3 for ACMOS, i started getting all these weird triangles and the world border is covered with ocean. It didn't look like this before. 

Example 1

Example 2

Now either I searched for this wrong, or no one has had this problem before so I can't tell what to do. 

39 minutes ago, toggy_wonga said:

So I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, but when I upgraded from Dyndolod 2 to 3 for ACMOS, i started getting all these weird triangles and the world border is covered with ocean. It didn't look like this before. 

Example 1

Example 2

Now either I searched for this wrong, or no one has had this problem before so I can't tell what to do. 

It looks like an issue with your xLODGen meshes. Check over your settings carefully and regenerate your terrain LOD. This doesn't appear to be an object LOD/DynDOLOD issue. 

1 hour ago, toggy_wonga said:

Example 1

Example 2

This is the DynDOLOD 3 ALpha thread. DynDOLOD does not change terrain or water LOD.

Terrain LOD is generated with xLODGen. Use its thread https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-94-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/ for related questions.
See the first post of the xLODGen thread and Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt in the download archive how to use the Optimize Unseen drop down to improve the coastline of terrain LOD level 32, which is typically used for the map.

How LOD water looks is defined by the LOD water record defined on the worldspace record. 

If you have issues following a third party guide, you need to ask the at its appropriate forum ,discord, etc.

Now i'm getting an error with DynDOLOD 3, so I'm generating all the worldspaces for my modlist and all of them work except for 2: The Island of Phoe and the Akaviri Spirit World, both from this mod. Can I just uncheck the generation for those two worldspaces and just have a vanilla (for the mod) map? Or will DynDOLOD not like that? 

These are the log files if it helps

LODGen_SSE_A00Phoe_log.txt LODGen_SSE_A00SpiritGarden_log.txt

DynDOLOD is hanging on Skyrim.esm.  What should I do?

[00:48] Processing 38486 base records for 2944 object LOD and 292 dynamic LOD models
[00:55] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 16710) while processing Skyrim.esm NorExtRubblePile01_Ice [STAT:0010AAEC]
Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 16710) while processing Skyrim.esm NorExtRubblePile01_Ice [STAT:0010AAEC]
Error: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 16710) while processing Skyrim.esm NorExtRubblePile01_Ice [STAT:0010AAEC]