DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

48 minutes ago, Dez756 said:

From this I inferred that you were referring to logs generated by this mod,  .NET Script Framework at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com).  I installed the mod using MO2 and ran the game to a save outside the Riften Gates.  The game CTD'd as before but there are no crash logs either in Overwrite or at /Data/NetScriptFramework/Crash/

I do not provide support for 3rd party mods. Read the documentation/instructions/help/comments of the 3rd party mod.

Such problems typically mean the mod is not running or is being denied write access by the OS/antivir. A properly installed OS/game typically does not have such issues.

As explained in the description of the mod, check /Data/NetScriptFramework/NetScriptFramework.log.txt

In MO2 use the right window data tab to check the virtual data folder for those folders/log files.

Hey, I was just wondering if I could some help turning someone elses mod (.esp+bsa) into a working LOD for use in DynDOLOD, for personal use. I've tried a couple of stuff and looked around quite a bit, could'nt find a guide specificaly for this problem. Basically I want to turn the Snow Elf Tower by buresjakub2003 on Nexus to an LOD so you can see the amazing tower from a far!

So if someone where send me a link to a guide or knows the information by heart please do tell! You can find the mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47633?tab=description 
To clearify, this mod contains an .ESP and two .BSA which i want to turn into LODs, now as for as I know DynDOLOD does not make these into LODs automaticaly so thats why I need sum help with this. Also note that this is quite a large structure outside of the bounderies (I believe) of the regular Tamriel border but it is still in the worldspace of Tamriel. 
Thanks for any help!

52 minutes ago, StarofSweden said:

Hey, I was just wondering if I could some help turning someone elses mod (.esp+bsa) into a working LOD for use in DynDOLOD, for personal use. I've tried a couple of stuff and looked around quite a bit, could'nt find a guide specificaly for this problem. Basically I want to turn the Snow Elf Tower by buresjakub2003 on Nexus to an LOD so you can see the amazing tower from a far!

So if someone where send me a link to a guide or knows the information by heart please do tell! You can find the mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47633?tab=description 
To clearify, this mod contains an .ESP and two .BSA which i want to turn into LODs, now as for as I know DynDOLOD does not make these into LODs automaticaly so thats why I need sum help with this. Also note that this is quite a large structure outside of the bounderies (I believe) of the regular Tamriel border but it is still in the worldspace of Tamriel. 
Thanks for any help!

Obviously it would be best to create dedicated LOD models. Otherwise use mesh mask rules to use the full model for LOD.

Read these:
https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference#5-Scan-worldspace
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules
https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors

Ask specific questions if further help is required.

Been getting this in texgen and I don't know how to fix it:

Error: File not found textures\dlc02\architecture\edgetrim\WoodEdgeTrim01_p.dds. Used by dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk.nif
Error: File not found textures\dlc02\architecture\edgetrim\WoodEdgeTrim01_p.dds. Used by dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk.nif
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk.nif
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk.nif
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow [STAT:0403383D]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow [STAT:0403383D]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow01 [STAT:0403383C]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_oldgreybark.dds.
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\TundraDriftWoodBark01_N.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbreachclifftree04.nif Markarth Side - Resort City.esp 00_TreeReachCliffTree04 [TREE:FE0E280C]

42 minutes ago, CinnabonGhoul said:

Been getting this in texgen and I don't know how to fix it:

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow01 [STAT:0403383C]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_oldgreybark.dds.
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\TundraDriftWoodBark01_N.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbreachclifftree04.nif Markarth Side - Resort City.esp 00_TreeReachCliffTree04 [TREE:FE0E280C]

Read the first post which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

File not found errors can be fixed by installing the missing files. Look up the NIF in MO2 right window data tab to know which mod has problems or was not installed correctly (or is missing requirements) or just refer directly to the plugin name.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Obviously it would be best to create dedicated LOD models. Otherwise use mesh mask rules to use the full model for LOD.

Read these:
https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference#5-Scan-worldspace
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules
https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors

Ask specific questions if further help is required.

So, I could not find any specific way to convert the NIFS to specific lods, maybe Im just stupid but for Mesh Rules, would I need to get a mesh rule for each and every nif? Or would a rule like "Meshes/xxx/" where the rule applies to everyting in that folder? 

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

File not found errors can be fixed by installing the missing files. Look up the NIF in MO2 right window data tab to know which mod has problems or was not installed correctly (or is missing requirements) or just refer directly to the plugin name.

So I've found the mod that is giving me the first message but what do I do now that I know what it is? It's the noble skyrim 2k mod. Do I need to reinstall the mod? Is it a load order thing?

5 hours ago, CinnabonGhoul said:

So I've found the mod that is giving me the first message but what do I do now that I know what it is? It's the noble skyrim 2k mod. Do I need to reinstall the mod? Is it a load order thing?

You need to RTFM or follow a guide to explain the key points of the manual. See our SSE guide linked int the top nav. It goes into how to generate LOD and set up the required software.

Posting here is for those testing the DynDOLOD 3 alpha or for those using it that have some idea of how it all works.

I'm immediately getting this event just after hitting 'OK' when running Alpha 95. It's processing as notmal otherwise. This is 100% reproducible. I will post logs once complete;

Spoiler

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          6/26/2022 12:04:18 AM
Event ID:      1023
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DHVP
Description:
Description: A .NET application failed.
Application: LODGenx64Win.exe
Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe
Bundle header version compatibility check failed.
A fatal error occured while processing application bundle

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1023</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-06-26T05:04:18.6701517Z" />
    <EventRecordID>141136</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DHVP</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Description: A .NET application failed.
Application: LODGenx64Win.exe
Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe
Bundle header version compatibility check failed.
A fatal error occured while processing application bundle

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Got this bugreport shortly after posting. Strangely, DynDOLOD is still processing:

bugreport.txt

I'm shutting it down and attempting to repeat.

Updating to the latest .NET 6.06 desktop runtime seems to have resolved the event posted previously

.NET update resolved all of my issues. Finished processing as normal.

So after seeing "Additional Requirements" in your doc, I see now that LODGenx64Win requiires .NET 6.0 (which I had, BTW but not updated to 6.0.6). Now what I want to know is how/why is DynDOLOD using this version instead of LODGenx64 on my box. I'm on Win 10.

8 hours ago, StarofSweden said:

So, I could not find any specific way to convert the NIFS to specific lods, maybe Im just stupid but for Mesh Rules, would I need to get a mesh rule for each and every nif? Or would a rule like "Meshes/xxx/" where the rule applies to everyting in that folder? 

LOD models are NIF. A typical way to create LOD models is to use Blender or 3DSMax (maybe with additional 3rd party plugins) to create LOD models.

Read the links I provided. In particular https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Mesh-Mask
The mesh mask is any part of the path/to/model.nif of a full model defined on a base record. It does not use wildcards and simply matches any part of the entire path.
Entering the term tree into the field means this rule will match any filename that has the term tree in it but also any other NIF that might be in a folder that has the term tree in it as well, regardless of the filename.

Note that Meshes is not part of the path/to/model.nif defined on the base record.

7 hours ago, CinnabonGhoul said:

Read the description, documentation, install instructions, requirements of mod and use their comments, forum etc. for help with them.

4 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

Hard to tell for sure, but it seems to work.

That is promising. Thanks for letting us know.

Back again with another error in generation (this time with notifications turned on so that I see when someone replies), happened after it loads base record swaps:

[01:47] Loaded 286 base record swaps
[01:49] Created a summary of log messages C:\ModTools\DynDOLOD\Summary\DynDOLOD_Index.html.
Access violation at address 0000000000E95065 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
Error: Access violation at address 0000000000E95065 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.

Has happened a few times in a row, even after a fresh restart of my system.

Pastebin for bugreport.txt (I included the logs of the 3 times that it threw the error) https://pastebin.com/4zUFym6c

Pastebin for SSE_log.txt https://pastebin.com/HQzxk0T5

SSE_Debug_log.txt uploaded as a .zip since it's too big for pastebin.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.zip