DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

So if you have TREE base records that are plants and thus do not have "tree" anywhere in the file path, set the HasTreeLOD flag for automatic discovery.
Forcing it with via config file might be easier.

Sorry about not posting in the correct place, I didn't want to clutter up this thread if my issue wasn't relevant to the advancement of the alpha.  

I'll bet this is my issue...if this (setting HasTreeLOD flag or making a config file) doesn't solve my problem I'll let you know.  Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Make a screenshot with console open that also shows the ref form id of the object in question.

Check in xEdit if there are any plugins overwriting 0009C6CE and let me know.

Thx for relying so quickly. Here is console screenshot I taken:EyniRMa.jpg Here is xedit screen shot when I searched "0009C6CE":HvaR3Nu.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/yzEF1; DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://ufile.io/go2ynbds

TexGen_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/wzpEg; TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/FTH2l

1 hour ago, Altum_Caelum said:

Thx for relying so quickly. Here is console screenshot I taken:EyniRMa.jpg Here is xedit screen shot when I searched "0009C6CE":HvaR3Nu.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/yzEF1; DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://ufile.io/go2ynbds

TexGen_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/wzpEg; TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/FTH2l

Thanks.

Not quite sure why that causes the problem in use problem you have, though flag overwrite and the change to the reference are not really necessary in this case. That will be fixed in the next Alpha version.

To fix your problem right now without having to wait for the next Alpha, remove both overwrite records 0009C6CE and 03007685 form the DynDOLOD.esp.

59 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

Another question:  If I go the route of forcing with configuration file, does the minimum volume and height requirements still need to be changed from the default in TexGen_SSE.ini or will the config file make it work alone?

The config file setting should force creation regardless of anything else.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, sheson said:

Zip and upload large log to a file service as explained on the first post.

This is what the source texture textures\lod\HappyLittleTrees\Pineforestsnow04.dds looks like without alpha channel:
image.png

This is what the source texture textures\lod\HappyLittleTrees\Pineforestsnow04.dds looks like with alpha channel
image.png
Seems to me, what is added to the object LOD texture atlas is pretty much what the source texture looks like.
Are you saying the alpha channel information is lost when the texture is added to the object LOD atlas?
Are you using the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha version?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model
Note that LOD only has binary alpha with a fixed threshold of 128. DynDOLOD reads the alpha threshold from the NiAlphaProperty from the models used for LOD and adjusts the textures before it is added to the atlas texture.

Check what alpha threshhold the LOD model defines.

BTO meshes do not define a NiAlphaProperty, so the transparency is not shown in NifSkope. For viewing only you can add one with a threshold of 128 , do not save.

Do not edit generated LOD atlas texture. Change the source texture instead. Make sure to save it with an appropriate alpha channel.
When you edited the atlas texture the original mipmap information was replaced.

DynDOLOD creates mipmaps per single texture with its own version of alpha coverage. Generating mipmaps for the final object LOD atlas texture will have mipmap artifacts (adjacent textures bleeding into each other) and poor alpha channel information if not done with some kind of alpha coverage algorithm.

Just following up to this issue.

Yes that was exactly the problem. treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif has an alpha threshold of only 1, where the rest of the hybrid trees in the Happy Little Trees Add-On pack have an alpha threshold of at least 30. So I assume DynDOLOD was compensating by adjusting the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture to have an almost nonexistent alpha channel.

When I changed the alpha threshold of treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif to 30, running DynDOLOD again produced a DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds atlas with the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture now looking normal, transparency/alpha channel intact.

No need then to edit the atlas and ruin the mipmaps.

Thanks Sheson!

Edited by Mirari

9 hours ago, Mirari said:

Just following up to this issue.

Yes that was exactly the problem. treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif has an alpha threshold of only 1, where the rest of the hybrid trees in the Happy Little Trees Add-On pack have an alpha threshold of at least 30. So I assume DynDOLOD was compensating by adjusting the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture to have an almost nonexistent alpha channel.

When I changed the alpha threshold of treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif to 30, running DynDOLOD again produced a DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds atlas with the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture now looking normal, transparency/alpha channel intact.

No need then to edit the atlas and ruin the mipmaps.

Thanks Sheson!

What DynDOLOD Alpha version are you using? If that happens with the latest Alpha, then upload the log and debug for the generation of the problematic results as requested.

A threshold of one is/should not a problem with the current version. There should be no need to manually edit anything.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks.

Not quite sure why that causes the problem in use problem you have, though flag overwrite and the change to the reference are not really necessary in this case. That will be fixed in the next Alpha version.

To fix your problem right now without having to wait for the next Alpha, remove both overwrite records 0009C6CE and 03007685 form the DynDOLOD.esp.

The config file setting should force creation regardless of anything else.

Thx for your solutions sheson. I will give it a try. Cheers!:dancingbanana:

I'm using SE 1.6.353.0

Using Alpha 88, I noticed now, when I fast travel to Whiterun, just as I appear inside, there's a white hazy flash that appears on the screen in front of me, just for a brief second.

For various lights/lighting and sky mods, I am using (With Cathedral Weathers and Seasons);

Embers HD-XD
EVLaS
Lanterns Of Skyrim II
LUX
LUX Via
Particle Patch for ENB
Skyrim Textures Redone- Enhanced Night Sky
Smooth Sky mesh

At first I assumed one of these mods were causing the issue, but each time I disable/uncheck my DynDOLOD mod in MO2, the flash goes away, when I enable it, the flash comes back.

For DynDOLOD I am using the settings shown here on Stepmodifications for DynDOLOD-HD-QHD options, in the upper right of DynDOLOD I use the High settings.

I'll attach a screen shot of my DynDOLOD settings, along with the white flash I see when entering Whiterun.

As for any DynDOLOD logs, I'm not sure if you want me to submit any, but if needed, please tell me which ones?

THANKS

DynDOLOD-HD-QHD.png

Whiterun Flash.jpg

Edited by mooit

49 minutes ago, mooit said:

Using Alpha 88, I noticed now, when I fast travel to Whiterun, just as I appear inside, there is a hazy white flash that appears on the screen in front of me.

For various lights/lighting mods, I am using;

Embers HD-XD
EVLaS
Lanterns Of Skyrim II
LUX
LUX Via

At first I assumed one of these light mods were causing the issue, but each time I disable my DynDOLOD mod the flash goes away, when I enable it, it comes back.

For DynDOLOD I am using the settings shown here on Stepmodifications for DynDOLOD-HD-QHD options, in the upper right of DynDOLOD I use the High settings.

I'll attach a screen shot of my DynDOLOD settings, along with the white flash I see when entering Whiterun.

As for any DynDOLOD logs, I'm not sure if you want me to submit any, but if needed, please tell me which ones?

THANKS

DynDOLOD-HD-QHD.png

Whiterun Flash.jpg

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload.

When making screenshots of things in the game, open console and click the object in question to show its reference form ID. Use More Informative Console to show additional information. If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

44 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload.

When making screenshots of things in the game, open console and click the object in question to show its reference form ID. Use More Informative Console to show additional information. If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

Hi,

I'm attaching logs I could find, related to Page 1, I hope these are the correct ones.

I'm also attaching a screen shot from the console showing the Reference Form ID.

I don't have More Informative Console.

Whiterun reference form ID.jpg

You mentioned;  If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Sorry I don't understand the 'DynDOLOD plugin'? Plugin? You mean check DynDOLOD.esp in Xedit and only run it?

THANKS

P.S. I loaded Xedit with only DynDOLOD.esp and tried to lookup 20005902 and there was nothing showing in Xedit.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

Edited by mooit

53 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi,

I'm attaching logs I could find, related to Page 1, I hope these are the correct ones.

I'm also attaching a screen shot from the console showing the Reference Form ID.

I don't have More Informative Console.

THANKS

Whiterun reference form ID.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 141.57 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.57 MB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 39.37 kB · 0 downloads

OK. Do you know which plugin has the load order hex 20 when you are in the game? (The first two digits of the form id?)
Either check MO2 right plugin list or load entire load order into xEdit to see which plugin starts has [20] in from of it. Then enter the form id into the FormID field top left and hit Enter key to bring it up the reference in the right window to verify you got the right plugin. The order can change, so in case that there is a problem identifying it, best to install More Informative Console, which will show it right in the game with console open.

When you say "flash" does it mean the glow changes intensity briefly? In that case setting a slightly longer time for fade-in from black might help to cover up the delayed disabling of FXGlow LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings
In that case don't worry about finding the plugin/form id.

You should look into fixing the HITMEs https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

Hi, I apologize if I am posting this to the wrong forum. I am currently using Seasons of Skyrim/Turn of the Seasons with Happy Little Trees and LODgen with Dyndolod3 (using the latest versions of each). LODgen and Dyndolod/TexGen all run great, no problem there. My problem is with one specific tree type in Solstheim that is not replaced by the Happy Little Trees mod, using vanilla assets from  the Dragonborn DLC instead, and it really is an eye sore. Using the console I identified this tree as belonging to the Dragonborn DLC with Base Form ID: 0403383D, Type: Static, Model: DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow.niff.

I tried using SSEEdit to locate the static 0403383D, find all references to it, I double clicked each reference and individually deleted each record referencing this static that way. While this did remove the ugly trees from the game, they remained in my previously generated lods. Unfortunately Dyndolod now crashes with a "reference" error when I try to run it to remove the ugly tree from my lods.

is there a way to go about removing this ugly tree in a way that won't crash Dyndolod?

22 hours ago, ElCapitan8866 said:

Hi, I apologize if I am posting this to the wrong forum. I am currently using Seasons of Skyrim/Turn of the Seasons with Happy Little Trees and LODgen with Dyndolod3 (using the latest versions of each). LODgen and Dyndolod/TexGen all run great, no problem there. My problem is with one specific tree type in Solstheim that is not replaced by the Happy Little Trees mod, using vanilla assets from  the Dragonborn DLC instead, and it really is an eye sore. Using the console I identified this tree as belonging to the Dragonborn DLC with Base Form ID: 0403383D, Type: Static, Model: DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow.niff.

I tried using SSEEdit to locate the static 0403383D, find all references to it, I double clicked each reference and individually deleted each record referencing this static that way. While this did remove the ugly trees from the game, they remained in my previously generated lods. Unfortunately Dyndolod now crashes with a "reference" error when I try to run it to remove the ugly tree from my lods.

is there a way to go about removing this ugly tree in a way that won't crash Dyndolod?

If the process stops with a proper message that explains the cause of the error, then it is not crashing.

If the message has a link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message", then click it to open further explanations and help as explained on the first post.
Unresolved form ids will cause CTD in the game (the game closes without telling you what the problem is)

Do not "delete" base records. To remove objects like trees, "delete" the references, clean the plugin with xEdit afterwards.
Alternatively define a different model on the base record or replace the model NIF. Could be an "empty" dummy NIF with just the BSFadeNode.

If further help is required with a message, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" to copy and paste the text when making reports as explained in the first post.
Also upload the log and debug log as explained in the first post.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

OK. Do you know which plugin has the load order hex 20 when you are in the game? (The first two digits of the form id?)
Either check MO2 right plugin list or load entire load order into xEdit to see which plugin starts has [20] in from of it. Then enter the form id into the FormID field top left and hit Enter key to bring it up the reference in the right window to verify you got the right plugin. The order can change, so in case that there is a problem identifying it, best to install More Informative Console, which will show it right in the game with console open.

When you say "flash" does it mean the glow changes intensity briefly? In that case setting a slightly longer time for fade-in from black might help to cover up the delayed disabling of FXGlow LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings
In that case don't worry about finding the plugin/form id.

You should look into fixing the HITMEs https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

Hi Sheson,

The flash doesn't change in intensity, it only briefly flashes for one second like the screen shot is all I see.

So when I fast travel from anywhere on the map to Whiterun, as soon as I appear inside Whiterun, that very second, it flashes white like the screen shot, but it doesn't always happen. I noticed if I shutdown the game, load a save, then jump to Whiterun, it will always happen like this.

I've attached a screen shot of M02, showing the Mode Index number 20, is that the 20 you mean? Which oddly enough, points to a Whiterun Mod called Blubbos Trees.

MO2.jpg

I think I found the problem, DynDOLOD and Blubbos; (I unchecked Blubbos in MO2, then restarted SE, no more flash, then I quit SE, enabled Blubbos in MO2, restarted SE, and the flash came back).

Blubbos Whiterun 2022 at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

THANKS

Edited by mooit

I was trying to edit my post over, the Blubbos link I posted is for the latest version. I made a mistake and forgot to put a link to the older version that I am using, that is still archived on nexumods.

Blubbos Trees in Whiterun - DELETED at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

I don't like the new version, it's been changed, has a different look/trees...

Edited by mooit