DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

39 minutes ago, Vernon said:

It finishes every LODGenx64.exe generetaed object succesfully and then it just pops up "Item not found"

[Main Instruction]
Error: Item not found.

bugreport.txt 33.56 kB · 1 download

See the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts. I moved the post.

Post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

See the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts. I moved the post.

Post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

bug report https://paste.ee/p/4Z8lU

pastebin crashes when I wanna paste the debug log so heres the first and last part of it https://pastebin.com/qNrey8sy

I was using the newest available version of DynDOLOD

59 minutes ago, sheson said:

Zip the log and debug log and upload them to a file service as explained on the first post.

Okay I dealt with the issue

but now I CTD whenever I start a new game or load tamriel worldspace. With every other worldspace with DynDOLOD on for them loads fine and I can see the world map, but it always CTD's whenever I am in the tamriel worldspace or any of its interiors

the logs zipped and uploaded via on wetransfer https://we.tl/t-HQ90JqTX1T

1 hour ago, Vernon said:

Okay I dealt with the issue

but now I CTD whenever I start a new game or load tamriel worldspace. With every other worldspace with DynDOLOD on for them loads fine and I can see the world map, but it always CTD's whenever I am in the tamriel worldspace or any of its interiors

the logs zipped and uploaded via on wetransfer https://we.tl/t-HQ90JqTX1T

What does that mean you dealt with the issue? You can not fix problems in the code. Please upload the log and debug matching the bugreport.txt uploaded earlier or provide information how to reproduce the error.

Always use the latest version.

Pay attention to all log message and the summary. Especially the ones about "Texture resolution ... not a power of 2".

From the log:
<Warning: Texture resolution 256x171 not a power of 2 Texture textures\rbroriksteadtextures\planks_lod.dds Used by meshes\rbroriksteadmeshes\woodentowerrorikstead03lod.nif RedBag's Rorikstead.esp 000WoodenTowerRBRorikstead [STAT:460012CE]>

It's known since a long time. See bug reports/comments on mod page.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

What does that mean you dealt with the issue? You can not fix problems in the code. Please upload the log and debug matching the bugreport.txt uploaded earlier or provide information how to reproduce the error.

Always use the latest version.

Pay attention to all log message and the summary. Especially the ones about "Texture resolution ... not a power of 2".

From the log:
<Warning: Texture resolution 256x171 not a power of 2 Texture textures\rbroriksteadtextures\planks_lod.dds Used by meshes\rbroriksteadmeshes\woodentowerrorikstead03lod.nif RedBag's Rorikstead.esp 000WoodenTowerRBRorikstead [STAT:460012CE]>

It's known since a long time. See bug reports/comments on mod page.

For the item not found error - https://we.tl/t-USzNxRCrRf

1 hour ago, Vernon said:

For the item not found error - https://we.tl/t-USzNxRCrRf

Thanks! It seems the item not found is caused because a mesh is missing.

[20:06] <Warning: File not found Meshes\effects\elfx\mountains\elfxmountainpeak02.nif Skyrim.esm MountainPeak02_Blackreach [STAT:000487E7]>

You may want to reinstall Enhanced Lights and FX.

Next version should not fail with an item not found error and only print the warning  message and continue.

@sheson
Could you add the calmwater.dds to your ignore list for this warning?

[00:00] Gathering LOD assets
[00:10] Processing patches
[00:16] Processing 20425 base records for 2990 object LOD and 253 dynamic LOD models
[00:22] <Warning: Filename textures\water\calmwater.dds does not adhere to file naming conventions. Used by Meshes\effects\fxcreekflatlarge.nif Skyrim.esm FXCreekFlatLarge [MSTT:0009D45F]>

It follows the same naming scheme used by the game for the water normals (not using '_n'), which aren't reported so I assume there is an ignore list somewhere. We simply carried this naming scheme forward to our new texture for RWT.

21 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

@sheson
Could you add the calmwater.dds to your ignore list for this warning?

[00:00] Gathering LOD assets
[00:10] Processing patches
[00:16] Processing 20425 base records for 2990 object LOD and 253 dynamic LOD models
[00:22] <Warning: Filename textures\water\calmwater.dds does not adhere to file naming conventions. Used by Meshes\effects\fxcreekflatlarge.nif Skyrim.esm FXCreekFlatLarge [MSTT:0009D45F]>

It follows the same naming scheme used by the game for the water normals (not using '_n'), which aren't reported so I assume there is an ignore list somewhere. We simply carried this naming scheme forward to our new texture for RWT.

The vanilla fxcreekflatlarge.nif defines textures\effects\FXwaterTile02_n.dds for that shape which happens to follow the naming convention?

Can you provide an example of a vanilla normal map texture used by a vanilla NIF that does not end in *_n.dds?

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

The vanilla fxcreekflatlarge.nif defines textures\effects\FXwaterTile02_n.dds for that shape which happens to follow the naming convention?

Can you provide an example of a vanilla normal map texture that do not end in *_n.dds?

Yeah, we changed it. Calm water texture is also used for the marshes, ponds, interior waters....lots and lots of places.
water.7z

These couple water textures are the only ones that I know of that don't follow the '_n' rules for some reason.

30 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, we changed it. Calm water texture is also used for the marshes, ponds, interior waters....lots and lots of places.
water.7z

Calmwater.dds is not a vanilla texture?

The vanilla fxcreekflatlarge.nif defines textures\effects\FXwaterTile02_n.dds for that shape which happens to follow the naming convention.

Can you provide an example of a vanilla NIF that defines a vanilla normal map texture that does not end in *_n.dds?

At the moment the check has no exceptions for any vanilla NIF / normal map textures other than grass NIF. Since the grass shader does not use/support the normalmap textures, the normalmap texture file name is irrelevant. All other vanilla NIFs/normal map textures that are being checked follow the naming convention. So atm I have no evidence or example for why/how to add an exception.

Edit: Is this a water noise layer1/2/3 texture that you also repurposed to be used in NIFs?

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Thanks! It seems the item not found is caused because a mesh is missing.

[20:06] <Warning: File not found Meshes\effects\elfx\mountains\elfxmountainpeak02.nif Skyrim.esm MountainPeak02_Blackreach [STAT:000487E7]>

You may want to reinstall Enhanced Lights and FX.

Next version should not fail with an item not found error and only print the warning  message and continue.

Reinstalled ELFX and the warning still appears

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

Calmwater.dds is not a vanilla texture?

The vanilla fxcreekflatlarge.nif defines textures\effects\FXwaterTile02_n.dds for that shape which happens to follow the naming convention.

Can you provide an example of a vanilla NIF that defines a vanilla normal map texture that does not end in *_n.dds?

At the moment the check has no exceptions for any vanilla NIF / normal map textures other than grass NIF. Since the grass shader does not use/support the normalmap textures, the normalmap texture file name is irrelevant. All other vanilla NIFs/normal map textures that are being checked follow the naming convention. So atm I have no evidence or example for why/how to add an exception.

Edit: Is this a water noise layer1/2/3 texture that you also repurposed to be used in NIFs?

Calmwater.dds is from Realistic Water Two and it is a noise level that been placed on the mesh to replace the vanilla normal. SparrowPrince created all the meshes and they've been working well so far.
Screenshot 2022-03-17 132321.png

I don't know of mesh of the top of my head, no. The warnings presents a bit of false perception and has caused one user to ask about it already. I was wondering if you could ignore it, else I expect that is not the last we'll hear of it from users. I suppose I can duplicate the texture to add the '_n' and update the meshes to simply get rid of the warning, but that would be the only reason I'm doing it...to stop DynDOLOD warning about it.

55 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Reinstalled ELFX and the warning still appears

The warning means the file does not exist at the shown path in the data folder, which it should after the mod was installed and activated. Sometimes download archives are not complete and there is no error message while unpacking.