DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 hour ago, sheson said:

If you mean the game or the OS, don't do that. The game install should have no direct affect on this (though it is possible that different input or the different output files size, content or whatever could have an affect)

You could try running in Windows safe mode, see if that makes a difference.

Check if there is anything different with this test version
If not, edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and add RenderThreads=1 right under [TexGen] at the top to test if that makes a difference.
If not, set OldMethod=1 in the INI to see if that makes a difference.

Oh wow, it worked. Dyndolod worked as well. May I ask what the RenderThreads command do? 

14 minutes ago, MrTanku said:

Oh wow, it worked. Dyndolod worked as well. May I ask what the RenderThreads command do? 

Instead of having the default of 2 threads, it does render in a single thread.

I take it you did that with the test version? If you could check if it also works with the alpha-71.

Then with either version remove the RenderThreads or set it to two 2 and then add a line RenderContexts=1.

Let me know if this works and compare time difference to RenderThreads=1

It won't be dramatic as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

Instead of having the default of 2 threads, it does render in a single thread.

I take it you did that with the test version? If you could check if it also works with the alpha-71.

Then with either version remove the RenderThreads or set it two 2 and add a line RenderContexts=1.

Let me know if this works and compare time difference to RenderThreads=1

It won't be dramatic as far as I know.

I haven't actually used the test version to run dyndolod. After adding that command, I ran LODGen which worked then moved to Dyndolod.exe without using the test version. And both worked afterwards with only the change to the lodgen.ini

24 minutes ago, MrTanku said:

I haven't actually used the test version to run dyndolod. After adding that command, I ran LODGen which worked then moved to Dyndolod.exe without using the test version. And both worked afterwards with only the change to the lodgen.ini

I assume you mean TexGen instead of LODGen :)

If you could just let me know if there is any difference with the test version. Most likely not.

You have an AMD graphics card right? No idea if it matters, just taking notes.

Oh, and if could check if the event log entry is always the same or not. Especially the exception address /fault offset.

43 minutes ago, sheson said:

I assume you mean TexGen instead of LODGen :)

If you could just let me know if there is any difference with the test version. Most likely not.

You have an AMD graphics card right? No idea if it matters, just taking notes.

Oh, and if could check if the event log entry is always the same or not. Especially the exception address /fault offset.

....crap lol :biggrin: anyway I do use a AMD GPU (6900xt) I did rerun with the test version since I downloaded some of the seasons of skyrim additional mods and so far I'm getting these times (29 min 47 sec non-test version and 31min 21 sec on the test version) 

26 minutes ago, MrTanku said:

....crap lol :biggrin: anyway I do use a AMD GPU (6900xt) I did rerun with the test version since I downloaded some of the seasons of skyrim additional mods and so far I'm getting these times (29 min 47 sec non-test version and 31min 21 sec on the test version) 

That's for generating LOD with DynDOLOD right? That's close enough to be the same.

OK, one last thing: can you run this test version of TexGen with the RenderThreads=2 and RenderContexts=2 setting and see if works or if it creates a bugreport.txt in case it terminates? In case it creates a bugreport.txt upload it please.

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

That's for generating LOD with DynDOLOD right? That's close enough to be the same.

OK, one last thing: can you run this test version of TexGen with the RenderThreads=2 and RenderContexts=2 setting and see if works or if it creates a bugreport.txt in case it terminates? In case it creates a bugreport.txt upload it please.

TexGen_SSE_log.txtTexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txtTexGen_SSE_realtime_log.txt ctd without error messages again...really strange behavior when threads =/1. It did not create a bugreport 

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Please upload the entire debug log to and the entire log from the last meaningful generation. Zip and use a file service if as explained on the first post.

Please the upload the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini that went missing somehow.

Do you have any 3rd party crapware from AMD running that install with the driver installation?

See if anything behaves differently with newer Alpha versions.

Upload the debug log, log and bugreport as explained on first post. If they do not exist check the Windows Event log for messages.

See if anything behaves differently with newer Alpha versions.

No other logs but the Event Viewer shows this error:

Faulting application name: TexGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6208ca84
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1503, time stamp: 0xb2acaea9
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x7a94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d820da58ed9633
Faulting application path: E:\Skyrim SE Utilities\DynDOLOD 3\TexGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f8ad0cea-38e7-4e42-afa8-181ef60bb6f7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Same behaviour with the new Alpha versions.

Thanks for your help.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

The bugreport does not seem to match what is happening in the logs and I am not yet able to replicate this.

Is this with the default season INIs?

Please delete all logs and bugreport and run again.

Here, I just ran the new Alpha 71, same error ("Item not found") when I am supposed to run with Open Cities .esp active.

Yes the season's .ini is autogenerated and default and I also have two more .ini files by wSkeever (Shrubs of Snow and Remove Unwanted Grass).

bugreport.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

I seem to be getting a Texconv error with alpha-71.  Double checked and re-downloaded and reinstalled the Win C++ redistributable, but still occuring.  Error message below:

Spoiler

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 80070002.

[Content]
"E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A71\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A71\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_59_3.txt"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Logs attached:

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Wolfpack49

1 hour ago, MrTanku said:

TexGen_SSE_log.txtTexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txtTexGen_SSE_realtime_log.txt ctd without error messages again...really strange behavior when threads =/1. It did not create a bugreport 

Thanks. The next version will default the setting to 1 for now.

1 hour ago, taffy said:

No other logs but the Event Viewer shows this error:

Faulting application name: TexGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6208ca84
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1503, time stamp: 0xb2acaea9
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x7a94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d820da58ed9633
Faulting application path: E:\Skyrim SE Utilities\DynDOLOD 3\TexGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f8ad0cea-38e7-4e42-afa8-181ef60bb6f7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Same behaviour with the new Alpha versions.

Thanks for your help.

Hopefully this is fixed with Alpha-72 after all the troubleshooting MrTanku and I did

1 hour ago, DDCrusader said:

Here, I just ran the new Alpha 71, same error ("Item not found") when I am supposed to run with Open Cities .esp active.

Yes the season's .ini is autogenerated and default and I also have two more .ini files by wSkeever (Shrubs of Snow and Remove Unwanted Grass).

bugreport.txt 24.42 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.54 MB · 2 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 814.93 kB · 1 download

I believe this to be fixed in the Alpha-72, though it is possible similar problems happen later in the process since I can not seem to replicate the problem to check myself. If that is the case upload new bugreport , debug log and log.

1 hour ago, Wolfpack49 said:

I seem to be getting a Texconv error with alpha-71.  Double checked and re-downloaded and reinstalled the Win C++ redistributable, but still occuring.  Error message below:

Reveal hidden contents

Logs attached:

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.69 MB · 2 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 309.32 kB · 2 downloads

Test with Alpha-72. With some luck it might work.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

I believe this to be fixed in the Alpha-72, though it is possible similar problems happen later in the process since I can not seem to replicate the problem to check myself. If that is the case upload new bugreport , debug log and log.

Alpha 72 worked like a charm and smooth as a butter! Thank you, Sheson.

A small question: Is my assumption correct, that Seasons checkbox only needs to be checked during Step 2 of Open Cities generation or it doesn't matter?