DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Getting an error when running Dyndolod with alpha 73.  I didn't get a bug report or crash log after Exiting Dyndolod.

Spoiler

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 800704C8.

[Content]
E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\scmfloorlod.dds

"E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\4614EB6B4F3044E1A2514F5C37F7D0E6.dds"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Wolfpack49

35 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Getting an error when running Dyndolod with alpha 73.  I didn't get a bug report or crash log after Exiting Dyndolod.

Hide contents

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 800704C8.

[Content]
E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\scmfloorlod.dds

"E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\4614EB6B4F3044E1A2514F5C37F7D0E6.dds"

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 2.25 MB · 2 downloads

Read the first post which debug log to upload, too.

Error code means ERROR_USER_MAPPED_FILE and should be about the file in the temp folder C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\4614EB6B4F3044E1A2514F5C37F7D0E6.dds

It could be because of OS, UAC, antivir interfering or a permission problem etc.

You may want to look into the Texconv  WARNING: DirectCompute is not available, using BC6H / BC7 CPU codec why the GPU is not available to it as well.
Maybe it is related and there are windows event that explains it.
It looks like the GPU / DirectX access for texconv might go away in the middle of things.

Hmm, interesting -- attached is the bugreport.txt file. Would setting to LODGenThreadSplit=0 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini possibly help?  I do notice it's taking quite a few cycles.  i haven't run into access issues previously, but running seasons is certainly adding to the runtime load.

I did recently update nvidia drivers so perhaps that's a concern. Looking at DirectCompute now...

bugreport.txt

Edited by Wolfpack49

No issues to report, Alpha 73 working great here! I have a small suggestion regarding the LOD resources for Enderal. The Powder Desert has a variation of Blackreach pillars which are missing LOD. DynDOLOD's Resources already cover the Blackreach variant, the only difference of the Enderal variant is that the top part has a sand texture assigned. Maybe it would be possible to reuse the Blackreach pillar resources here? The statics in question are:

_00E_SandDesertPillar01 [STAT:000431DA]
_00E_SandDesertPillar02 [STAT:000431DB]
_00E_SandDesertPillar03 [STAT:000431DC]
_00E_SandDesertPillar04 [STAT:000431DD]
_00E_SandDesertPillar05 [STAT:000431DE]
_00E_SandDesertPillar06 [STAT:000431DF]

An example reference would be 6216C.

39 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Hmm, interesting -- attached is the bugreport.txt file. Would setting to LODGenThreadSplit=0 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini possibly help?  I do notice it's taking quite a few cycles.  i haven't run into access issues previously, but running seasons is certainly adding to the runtime load.

I did recently update nvidia drivers so perhaps that's a concern. Looking at DirectCompute now...

bugreport.txt 75.3 kB · 2 downloads

Settings for LODGen.exe have no effect on Texconv.exe.

The message shows the command line that is basically executed like one does on a command prompt. You may want to run texconv yourself on the prompt and see what happens.

In this can E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\scmfloorlod.dds was copied to C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\4614EB6B4F3044E1A2514F5C37F7D0E6.dds so that texconv converts it to uncompressed 8888 format.

Whatever happens in Texconv is out of the hands and of DynDOLOD in that moment. It  just waits for the command to finish and checks the return code. If it is not zero there was a problem and the message is shown. Otherwise DynDOLOD knows it can now read the temp dds and do its thing.

Edit: Actually you can try one setting in DynDOLOD.ini. Add a line
LockTexconv=1
See what happens. Though I expect that above error is not to be 100% reproducible?

I will give that a try.  I did try the command prompt as Admin and got the below; when I look at the path, I do see that there is no /DynDOLOD_SSE directory in /Temp, but maybe that's only created at Dyndolod runtime?

Spoiler

C:\WINDOWS\system32>"E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\4614EB6B4F3044E1A2514F5C37F7D0E6.dds"
 FAILED (80070003: The system cannot find the path specified.)

I'm also going to simply try rebooting -- maybe the nvidia services aren't starting properly?

Hmm, okay, I got another error message, but this time different, and I think maybe because of the LockTexconv=1 setting.  Try again without the line?

Spoiler

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Cannot create file "E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt".

[Content]
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

9 hours ago, Wolfpack49 said:

I will give that a try.  I did try the command prompt as Admin and got the below; when I look at the path, I do see that there is no /DynDOLOD_SSE directory in /Temp, but maybe that's only created at Dyndolod runtime?

Hide contents

C:\WINDOWS\system32>"E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\4614EB6B4F3044E1A2514F5C37F7D0E6.dds"
 FAILED (80070003: The system cannot find the path specified.)

I'm also going to simply try rebooting -- maybe the nvidia services aren't starting properly?

The temp folder is only created when needed at runtime.
When run this yourself manually you need to make sure the folder and file you are telling the command to convert actually exists.

7 hours ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Hmm, okay, I got another error message, but this time different, and I think maybe because of the LockTexconv=1 setting.  Try again without the line?

Hide contents

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Cannot create file "E:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD_300_A73\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt".

[Content]
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

This is unrelated to texconv, so that INI setting won't affect this.

This message means another process is accessing the file already. End the other process. You may need to find it in task manager. Or just reboot.

5 hours ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Okay, removed the line, rebooted and successfully run!  I really do think some nvidia services weren't running because it ran much more quickly this time. 

The OpenGL renderer only needs graphics driver support. I would suggest to not install any of the crapware that comes in addition to the drivers.

12 hours ago, Phlunder said:

No issues to report, Alpha 73 working great here! I have a small suggestion regarding the LOD resources for Enderal. The Powder Desert has a variation of Blackreach pillars which are missing LOD. DynDOLOD's Resources already cover the Blackreach variant, the only difference of the Enderal variant is that the top part has a sand texture assigned. Maybe it would be possible to reuse the Blackreach pillar resources here? The statics in question are:

_00E_SandDesertPillar01 [STAT:000431DA]
_00E_SandDesertPillar02 [STAT:000431DB]
_00E_SandDesertPillar03 [STAT:000431DC]
_00E_SandDesertPillar04 [STAT:000431DD]
_00E_SandDesertPillar05 [STAT:000431DE]
_00E_SandDesertPillar06 [STAT:000431DF]

An example reference would be 6216C.

Will be included in next Resources update.

• Thanks 1

Heya!

I'm having a little problem when generating the DynDOLOD.esp and the Occlusion.esp. My game and my OS is in English and I never messed around with languages, but both esps change the name of WhiterunWorld Worldspace to Weisslauf (German localization I guess?). Did I mess up any config when generating and/or is anyone else having a similar problem? Noticed this when I was about to load a save made at Whiterun exteriors.

Normally this isn't anything game-killing but just something to mess with perfectionists, lol.

(Oddly enough the name stays normal in DynDOLOD.esm as seen in the image)

weisslauf.PNG

43 minutes ago, Nikodemos71 said:

Heya!

I'm having a little problem when generating the DynDOLOD.esp and the Occlusion.esp. My game and my OS is in English and I never messed around with languages, but both esps change the name of WhiterunWorld Worldspace to Weisslauf (German localization I guess?). Did I mess up any config when generating and/or is anyone else having a similar problem? Noticed this when I was about to load a save made at Whiterun exteriors.

Normally this isn't anything game-killing but just something to mess with perfectionists, lol.

(Oddly enough the name stays normal in DynDOLOD.esm as seen in the image)

weisslauf.PNG

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The patching process copies the winning record  at generation time into the DynDOLOD/Occlusion plugins. For DynDOLOD.esm the winning record would be the one from Skyrim.esm in this case.

I would assume, that the plugins were generated with a different load order where the last plugin to overwrite the worldspace record had the translated name and that plugin was removed in the meantime.

Generate LOD from scratch for the new load order or manually fix the conflict.

Hi there,

I'm running into an issue when trying to generate the DynDOLOD.esp where part way through the process I get the following error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Item not found.

[Content]

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

I have used the program a few times before and had success, but I recently downloaded the mods Turn of the Seasons and and Seasonal Aspen Trees along with their various patches so decided to redo the LOD and am now coming across the above error.

Here are my bug report and DynDOLOD log:

https://ufile.io/t5bs70vn

https://ufile.io/dqx0bktk

I am a complete novice when it comes to modding Skyrim so I apologise in advance if this is something really obvious and thank you for you patience.

Good morning

I recently switched from DynDOLOD 2.9x to 3.0. I was able to run it with no issue and i love the Grass Lods. The only issue i have is a drop in quality for the Ultra Tree lods. As you can see in my attachments, the quality of the distant trees was much higher before. With 3.0, they look like cardboard cutouts. I use Simply Bigger Trees and kept the same load order aside from deactivating the billboards since 3.0 generates them. Is there any settings you can think of that i forgot that could help?

Thank you

2.9x.jpg

3.0.jpg

Dyndolod.JPG

Texgen.JPG

Edited by LordIceWolf