DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

If I increase the imingrasssize to 120 for grass precache to save performance, could I then change that setting back to 20 after the grass LOD is generated, so that the loaded cell grass density is not affected? I want to save performance on the grass LOD while maintaining the density of full grass in the loaded cell. The idea is to reduce the number of placements drastically.

Would this approach require me to keep bAllowCreateGrass enabled after the fact? As I understand the grass cache files affect both the loaded cell full grass and the grass LOD if bAllowLoadGrass is enabled.

I'm also unsure if the grass density setting in Dyndolod is identical to changing the imingrasssize during grass precaching? Or do these settings work differently? Even at 25 the performance hit was quite heavy and the grass LOD still looked very dense, which makes me think that reducing density for the precache generation may be the solution.

Thanks.

Edited by drift123
correction

5 hours ago, drift123 said:

If I increase the imingrasssize to 120 for grass precache to save performance, could I then change that setting back to 20 after the grass LOD is generated, so that the loaded cell grass density is not affected? I want to save performance on the grass LOD while maintaining the density of full grass in the loaded cell. The idea is to reduce the number of placements drastically.

Would this approach require me to keep bAllowCreateGrass enabled after the fact? As I understand the grass cache files affect both the loaded cell full grass and the grass LOD if bAllowLoadGrass is enabled.

I'm also unsure if the grass density setting in Dyndolod is identical to changing the imingrasssize during grass precaching? Or do these settings work differently? Even at 25 the performance hit was quite heavy and the grass LOD still looked very dense, which makes me think that reducing density for the precache generation may be the solution.

Thanks.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
Change the Density dropdown to a lower value in the advanced mode of DynDOLOD under the Grass LOD checkbox to thin out grass LOD for better performance.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Grass-LOD
Density sets the percentage of grass LOD billboards that are being generated. 50 means only half of the grass placements are added for better performance but thinner grass LOD in the distance.

Set it to 15 or lower to further reduce performance requirements.

On grass density 10 I lose about 15-20 FPS (~80 to 60) in the Whiterun tundra compared to no grass LOD.

It seems that the color of the LOD matches the full grass, except for some reason the LOD only displays the green grass models and not the brown grass. Is this functioning as intended?

Edit: well I tried an ENB and then the green LOD grass changed to light brown...so I think it is just the weather and lighting doing this

image.thumb.jpeg.73b970e25515f6f1f4bc113bff788e44.jpeg

Edited by drift123
typo

1 hour ago, drift123 said:

On grass density 10 I lose about 15-20 FPS (~80 to 60) in the Whiterun tundra compared to no grass LOD.

It seems that the color of the LOD matches the full grass, except for some reason the LOD only displays the green grass models and not the brown grass. Is this functioning as intended?

Edit: well I tried an ENB and then the green LOD grass changed to light brown...so I think it is just the weather and lighting doing this

image.thumb.jpeg.73b970e25515f6f1f4bc113bff788e44.jpeg

If a specfic type of full grass model has no LOD representation see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sheson said:

If a specfic type of full grass model has no LOD representation see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

It's just bizarre because when I enable ENB, suddenly both the green and brown grass types become visible in the LOD. I don't know how to explain that but the lighting is doing something funky. Strangely enough, the ENB makes the LOD match the full grass better than no ENB, it just needs to be a little darker I think.

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_06.10-08_11_38_45.thumb.png.25211db9d6a7b88d2dece00a0b959a50.png

2 hours ago, drift123 said:

It's just bizarre because when I enable ENB, suddenly both the green and brown grass types become visible in the LOD. I don't know how to explain that but the lighting is doing something funky. Strangely enough, the ENB makes the LOD match the full grass better than no ENB, it just needs to be a little darker I think.

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_06.10-08_11_38_45.thumb.png.25211db9d6a7b88d2dece00a0b959a50.png

It is known that ENB settings affects grass LOD color/brightness. ENB typically does not change the visibility of LOD or transparency of textures. Use tfc to get close to LOD. No logs and no useful screenshots like a close up of LOD with tfc were provided.

I cannot seem to get my Aspen tree lod working with Seasons of Skyrim. In the winter, the close trees change, but the far trees stay leafy. xEdit shows there is no dyndolod_base for treeWinterAspen, even though those are DLC01 objects that are all over the falmer valley. TreeAspen01_dyndolod_base exists, but without treewinterAspen01_dyndolod_base, how can I swap them in the winter? There is only one tree swap in the dyndolod_win.ini, and that is a treepineforest03 to treepineforest03snow and yet all of the pines are working correctly. I have attached some logs, but the debug is 14MB as a 7zip, so it is too big. This section of it shows that it is processing the winter aspens "[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing DLC1TreeFloraMountainFlower02Yellow,False Dawnguard.esm DLC1TreeFloraMountainFlower02Yellow "Mountain Flower" [TREE:02002A77]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen01 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen01 [TREE:02003AC5]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen02 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen02 [TREE:02003AC9]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen03 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen03 [TREE:02003ACA]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen04,False Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen04 [TREE:02003ACB]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen05 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen05 [TREE:02003ACC]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen06 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen06 [TREE:02003ACF]>"

So they are being processed (except 4, too small?). The . I included the falmer valley log, because it mentions them, and the tamriel log, because it does not. Is there a command I can put in the dyndolod_win.ini to force the change whether it wants to or not? Something like "[Trees]
;TreePineForest03_DynDOLOD_BASE|TreePineForestSnow03_DynDOLOD_BASE
0x64972~DynDOLOD.esm|0x64973~DynDOLOD.esm" from the bottom, but for treeAspen01_dyndolod_base to treeWinterAspen01_dyndold_base? What is the editor ID for the lod of the DLC01 winter aspen? I can't find one at all. TreeAspen01_dyndolod_base is there, but no winter version. Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need any more logs or anything.

Logs.7z

VirtualDesktop.Android-20240611-155630.jpg

Edited by The_Franks

2 hours ago, The_Franks said:

I cannot seem to get my Aspen tree lod working with Seasons of Skyrim. In the winter, the close trees change, but the far trees stay leafy. xEdit shows there is no dyndolod_base for treeWinterAspen, even though those are DLC01 objects that are all over the falmer valley. TreeAspen01_dyndolod_base exists, but without treewinterAspen01_dyndolod_base, how can I swap them in the winter? There is only one tree swap in the dyndolod_win.ini, and that is a treepineforest03 to treepineforest03snow and yet all of the pines are working correctly. I have attached some logs, but the debug is 14MB as a 7zip, so it is too big.

Nevermind. I don't know why I am trying to make a mod that already exists. Seasonal Aspens took care of the winter. Not sure why it works, and even though I was doing the same thing with different names, it didn't. Unless it was because I needed to unpack the textures from the BSA. Oh, well. I am a results guy, so I cannot argue with this working. Now I just need to clean up the mess I made in my folder and mods. 

8 hours ago, The_Franks said:

I cannot seem to get my Aspen tree lod working with Seasons of Skyrim. In the winter, the close trees change, but the far trees stay leafy. xEdit shows there is no dyndolod_base for treeWinterAspen, even though those are DLC01 objects that are all over the falmer valley. TreeAspen01_dyndolod_base exists, but without treewinterAspen01_dyndolod_base, how can I swap them in the winter? There is only one tree swap in the dyndolod_win.ini, and that is a treepineforest03 to treepineforest03snow and yet all of the pines are working correctly. I have attached some logs, but the debug is 14MB as a 7zip, so it is too big. This section of it shows that it is processing the winter aspens "[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing DLC1TreeFloraMountainFlower02Yellow,False Dawnguard.esm DLC1TreeFloraMountainFlower02Yellow "Mountain Flower" [TREE:02002A77]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen01 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen01 [TREE:02003AC5]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen02 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen02 [TREE:02003AC9]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen03 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen03 [TREE:02003ACA]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen04,False Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen04 [TREE:02003ACB]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen05 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen05 [TREE:02003ACC]>
[00:16] [LoadRecordsString] <Debug: Processing TreeWinterAspen06 Dawnguard.esm TreeWinterAspen06 [TREE:02003ACF]>"

So they are being processed (except 4, too small?). The . I included the falmer valley log, because it mentions them, and the tamriel log, because it does not. Is there a command I can put in the dyndolod_win.ini to force the change whether it wants to or not? Something like "[Trees]
;TreePineForest03_DynDOLOD_BASE|TreePineForestSnow03_DynDOLOD_BASE
0x64972~DynDOLOD.esm|0x64973~DynDOLOD.esm" from the bottom, but for treeAspen01_dyndolod_base to treeWinterAspen01_dyndold_base? What is the editor ID for the lod of the DLC01 winter aspen? I can't find one at all. TreeAspen01_dyndolod_base is there, but no winter version. Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need any more logs or anything.

Logs.7z 389.27 kB · 0 downloads

VirtualDesktop.Android-20240611-155630.jpg

Read the first post and or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to zip large log files and upload them to a file service.

See https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62861 and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons#Technical-Information
For things to swap, you need to create an INI for a season that contains the swaps. The original record and the record that is being swapped to need to exist both in the load order before the LOD patch generation with DynDOLOD. The full model swap needs to work without DynDOLOD output in the load order.

Do not use records or files that may or may not exist in the automatically generated LOD patch. Things are generated as required by the load order and settings only. There is no guarantee they will exist consistently, across versions. The editor is not stable either. Using/patching the LOD patch or relaying in its content for anything is not how any of this is supposed to work.

5 hours ago, The_Franks said:

Nevermind. I don't know why I am trying to make a mod that already exists. Seasonal Aspens took care of the winter. Not sure why it works, and even though I was doing the same thing with different names, it didn't. Unless it was because I needed to unpack the textures from the BSA. Oh, well. I am a results guy, so I cannot argue with this working. Now I just need to clean up the mess I made in my folder and mods. 

xEdit, xLODGen, DynDOLOD etc. read assets from BSA, so they do not need to be unpacked.

On 6/10/2024 at 4:37 PM, sheson said:

It is known that ENB settings affects grass LOD color/brightness. ENB typically does not change the visibility of LOD or transparency of textures. Use tfc to get close to LOD. No logs and no useful screenshots like a close up of LOD with tfc were provided.

What I mean is that enabling ENB fixes the impression of grass LOD only looking green.

Without ENB the LOD grass is matching the full grass types, but the darkness makes the brown grass look the same as the green grass at a distance.

ENB Off:

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_06.12-01_48_33_54.thumb.jpg.eb728a6a4bd0a1887fae361d98ad5c0a.jpg

But with ENB enabled, the green and brown grass can be seen from a distance. I just need to reduce the brightness of the grass LOD slightly to match the shadows on the full grass.

Enb On:

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_06.12-01_48_05_10.thumb.jpg.51a492176ad2c88f652c3d0053dbcd0e.jpg

3 minutes ago, drift123 said:

What I mean is that enabling ENB fixes the impression of grass LOD only looking green.

Without ENB the LOD grass is matching the full grass types, but the darkness makes the brown grass look the same as the green grass at a distance.

ENB Off:

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_06.12-01_48_33_54.thumb.jpg.eb728a6a4bd0a1887fae361d98ad5c0a.jpg

But with ENB enabled, the green and brown grass can be seen from a distance. I just need to reduce the brightness of the grass LOD slightly to match the shadows on the full grass.

Enb On:

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_06.12-01_48_05_10.thumb.jpg.51a492176ad2c88f652c3d0053dbcd0e.jpg

ENB can light distinctive types of full models (shaders) differently, while typically object LOD is treated the same regardless of what it depicts. The direction light is coming and its color affected how things look.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop*/ComplexGrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom*/ComplexGrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off. Especially the image based lighting effect from ENB has a big impact on the brightness and color tone of the grass LOD. Additional complex grass lighting and time of day settings will obviously not apply to object LOD, as they are separate meshes and shaders. Do not use them so full grass and grass LOD match better for all weathers/times.

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works
LOD does not cast or receive shadows. This can be mitigated by the ENB distant shadow effect or Screen-Space Shadows.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Internal-Billboards-and-External-Billboards

Keep getting this error message when running Dyndolod. The page that pops up has no additional information or help explaining the error.

https://imgur.com/kYopadb

Things I have tried:

-restarting my pc

-reinstalling Dyndolod

-rerunning xLodgen and Texgen

-adding Dyndolod, Lodgen, and Texgen as exclusions in Windows Defender

I was running Dyndolod a few days ago and it worked fine. No changes have been made to my mod list, other than textures. Dyndolod will initially run fine, after ~13 minutes it will say waiting for Lodgen64 to run, then for ~15 minutes more nothing else will appear in the log. Then this message appears. Additionally, no log is generated.

2 hours ago, sasquatch678 said:

Keep getting this error message when running Dyndolod. The page that pops up has no additional information or help explaining the error.

https://imgur.com/kYopadb

Things I have tried:

-restarting my pc

-reinstalling Dyndolod

-rerunning xLodgen and Texgen

-adding Dyndolod, Lodgen, and Texgen as exclusions in Windows Defender

I was running Dyndolod a few days ago and it worked fine. No changes have been made to my mod list, other than textures. Dyndolod will initially run fine, after ~13 minutes it will say waiting for Lodgen64 to run, then for ~15 minutes more nothing else will appear in the log. Then this message appears. Additionally, no log is generated.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and bugrport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts. Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs what to do in case there are no logs in the log folder to upload because the tool is being terminated prematurely.

Do not post screenshots of messages, use the "Copy message to clipboard" link instead and paste the message, as explained in the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

Click onto the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions for further help as explained in the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages. See everything under "Access violation"