DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Got this error during the last DynDOLOD run: 

Spoiler

[Main Instruction]
Error: OpenGL: μη έγκυρη λειτουργία while processing textures\terrain\lodgen\maslea.esm\msgrassdementia1_000712fa_2.dds.

I am using the latest (24.3.1) AMD WHQL drivers. 

Logs: https://ufile.io/0oyqmll5

Edited by Chromatic

I am trying to run dyndolod  after following all of the installation instructions correctly. it runs and completes after being run through MO2 tools, but the problem is it is not registering any of my mods/plugins. it is only detecting the base game, DLC and creation content. i can provide screenshots/logs, honestly i am tearing my hair out and close to giving up, what am i doing wrong?

any help would be much appreciated,thanks!

12 hours ago, TomForStep said:

Interestingly, I get exactly the same crash on map opening when I disable DynDOLOD output...

These two entries always show up in the crash log whether DynDOLOD is enabled or disabled:

[   0]    TESObjectSTAT(FormId: 00090983, File: `Better Dynamic Snow.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [   0]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 31089768, File: `Ambient Slaves SE.esp`, BaseForm: TESObjectSTAT(FormId: 00090983, File: `Better Dynamic Snow.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))

They both point to the same whdockdoortrim.nif (Persistent, Is Full Lod). That's how it looks in SSEEdit:

Hide contents

AmbientSlavesLOD.thumb.jpg.f105808716ebdedfe8205188a125a189.jpgBetterDynamicSnow.thumb.jpg.d9fea63d8da380188d2c118a0718b37a.jpg

For testing purposes, I disabled "Is Full LOD" on the xx089768 entry from Ambient Slaves. And lo and behold, no more crashes on opening the map! Does that make any sense??

The base record has show in worldmap flagged, which together with the IsFullLOD flag of the reference can cause CTD. Unset the IsFullLOD flag on the reference or create an overwrite for the base record into a new or existing plugin of your choice and unset the Show in Worldmap flag. That should stop the game from crashing when opening the map.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Got this error during the last DynDOLOD run: 

Reveal hidden contents

I am using the latest (24.3.1) AMD WHQL drivers. 

Logs: https://ufile.io/0oyqmll5

Is this error repeatable if you only generate SIworld for a test?

If problem persists check if adding RenderSingle=1 under [DynDOLOD] in E:\Mod Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini makes a difference.

5 hours ago, Ddm2468 said:

I am trying to run dyndolod  after following all of the installation instructions correctly. it runs and completes after being run through MO2 tools, but the problem is it is not registering any of my mods/plugins. it is only detecting the base game, DLC and creation content. i can provide screenshots/logs, honestly i am tearing my hair out and close to giving up, what am i doing wrong?

any help would be much appreciated,thanks!

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

See the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD debug log and log to upload.

Also see https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Refer to the manual of the mod manager how to add the DynDOLOD/TexGen executables, for example Mod Organizer, Vortex. If the tools are started without setting a Game Mode with a command line argument, a message window will prompt for the desired Game Mode. For Steam versions of the game, use the game launcher to set the current location of the game in the Windows Registry. See Windows Registry Key for more. See Skyrim Special Edition GOG / Skyrim Anniversary Edition GOG in case the GOG version of the game is used.

Check the reported game Data Path in the TexGen/DynDOLOD log is the correct one and the same MO2 uses. If not see  https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Windows-Registry-Key

11 hours ago, sheson said:

The base record has show in worldmap flagged, which together with the IsFullLOD flag of the reference can cause CTD. Unset the IsFullLOD flag on the reference or create an overwrite for the base record into a new or existing plugin of your choice and unset the Show in Worldmap flag. That should stop the game from crashing when opening the map.

Yes, that did it. Thank you so much for your help and all your cool tools! Much appreciated!

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Is this error repeatable if you only generate SIworld for a test?

No, only selecting SIworld didn't have any problems and lod generation was successful.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

If problem persists check if adding RenderSingle=1 under [DynDOLOD] in E:\Mod Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini makes a difference.

RenderSingle=1 didn't make a difference, this time lod generation was stuck at the same spot but no error message appeared. After letting DynDOLOD run for many hours with no progress, I had to close it manually and terminate the process in the task manager. No logs were generated this time.

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

No, only selecting SIworld didn't have any problems and lod generation was successful.

RenderSingle=1 didn't make a difference, this time lod generation was stuck at the same spot but no error message appeared. After letting DynDOLOD run for many hours with no progress, I had to close it manually and terminate the process in the task manager. No logs were generated this time.

Keep RenderSingle=1 and add both GLDebug=1 and RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD]

Upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists or DynDOLOD_SSE_realtime_log.txt in case it wasn't able to save the log and debug log.

Hello, good day
I need help with my current LOD setup, so i managed to succesfully generate my LOD setup from Xlodgen with ACMOS to Texgen and Dyndolod. The first time i use the Dyndolod 3 DLL SE (not the NG) and the LOD is working alongside with ACMOS. but the problem is i'm having a crash problem whenever i loading a different save, loading previous save after dying and quitting to main menu. After i dig some information on reddit, it has link to this post

so i changed my Dyndolod DLL SE to Dyndolod DLL NG. But here is the real problem start to show, after i regenerate Dyndolod with the new script my LOD is messed up, but the weird thing is i have succesfully generate it no error or whatsoever. The problems can be seen on image below
LOD Images

So what causing this and what is the solution, i'm in a dead end here. i've been regenerating dyndolod for few times and never stumble anything like this.
What i've done so far to fix this (no luck):

1. Regenerating All lod from Terrain with Xlodgen, Road Generator with ACMOS, Texgen and dyndolod.
2. Resetting Beth Ini lod
3. Reinstalling Dyndolod

here is my Dyndolod and Texgen log

Dyndolod.log
Texgen.log

On 6/25/2024 at 3:22 AM, Ravandhika said:

Hello, good day
I need help with my current LOD setup, so i managed to succesfully generate my LOD setup from Xlodgen with ACMOS to Texgen and Dyndolod. The first time i use the Dyndolod 3 DLL SE (not the NG) and the LOD is working alongside with ACMOS. but the problem is i'm having a crash problem whenever i loading a different save, loading previous save after dying and quitting to main menu. After i dig some information on reddit, it has link to this post

so i changed my Dyndolod DLL SE to Dyndolod DLL NG. But here is the real problem start to show, after i regenerate Dyndolod with the new script my LOD is messed up, but the weird thing is i have succesfully generate it no error or whatsoever. The problems can be seen on image below
LOD Images

So what causing this and what is the solution, i'm in a dead end here. i've been regenerating dyndolod for few times and never stumble anything like this.
What i've done so far to fix this (no luck):

1. Regenerating All lod from Terrain with Xlodgen, Road Generator with ACMOS, Texgen and dyndolod.
2. Resetting Beth Ini lod
3. Reinstalling Dyndolod

here is my Dyndolod and Texgen log

Dyndolod.log
Texgen.log

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD debug log to also upload when making posts.

See and follow https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Rudimentary-Troubleshooting.

As explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs, upload the crash log when having crashes for help with proper troubleshooting or to properly report the problem while participating in the alpha test.
What is the purpose of linking to months old unrelated posts on a social media website that has nothing to do with any of your issues?
Instead of randomly changing things because of crashes, troubleshoot the actual problem or report it properly here for qualified help and advice. Otherwise, there is no point in mentioning them. https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#ILS-or-CTD

In regards to what might be shown in the screenshot, verify and/or increase LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM - Settings and/or with BethINIs.

Hello,

I have been attempting to use DynDOLOD for Seasons of Skyrim and Seasonal Landscapes for some time, but each time I run the program it seizes up upon trying to generate the texture atlas for MarkarthWorldTreeLOD. The only mod that affects the trees in my load order (that I am aware of) is Happy Little Trees. Opening the task manager shows CPU and Disk usage dropping to 0%, while RAM usage seems to remain as usual - even after waiting 20+ minutes for progress. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

4 hours ago, CustardCyanide said:

Hello,

I have been attempting to use DynDOLOD for Seasons of Skyrim and Seasonal Landscapes for some time, but each time I run the program it seizes up upon trying to generate the texture atlas for MarkarthWorldTreeLOD. The only mod that affects the trees in my load order (that I am aware of) is Happy Little Trees. Opening the task manager shows CPU and Disk usage dropping to 0%, while RAM usage seems to remain as usual - even after waiting 20+ minutes for progress. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 3.

See the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts or how to enable the realtime log in case the program is terminated before it can write the logs.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#TexGen-DynDOLOD-stuck-while-creating-textures

Hi sheson,

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0, xLODGen Beta 114, DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30, DynDOLOD Resources SE Alpha 50, and DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 173

Since updating to Alpha 173, when I am inside Whiterun and go outside the gate, I will see looking across the tundra, the mountains, grass trees and the castle out in the distance all gone, and then pop into view.

I have a back of my setup for MO2, using the previous versions of DynDOLOD DLL NG, DynDOLOD Resources and DynDOLOD Alpha 171, and I don't see this issue with the previous versions.

I've been using DyDOLOD 3 since it came out, and I've never had these rendering issues till Alpha 173. I didn't change anything in my load order/setup, I only upgraded DynDOLOD 3, DynDOLOD Resources SE and DynDOLOD DLL NG.

Just to be double sure, on my MO2 setup that I have been seeing this issue, I deleted the latest version of the xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD Output and DynDOLOD DLL NG and DynDOLOD Resources and replaced them all with the previous versions and the issue didn't appear. I tested this for a few hours.

I uploaded and placed all the log files in a DynDOLOD directory at mediafire. This is the link to that directory; (I hope I have supplied all the needed logs)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/guhb8fpbnqobu/DynDOLOD

I also uploaded a video to Vimeo to help you see this issue. (Click the V to play the video on Vimeo - I'm assuming it only plays in a small window here.)

The amount of missing terrain varies, sometimes it looks like this video, and at other times, there is nothing being rendered when I open the gate and step outside, no mountain textures, no trees, no grass, and the castle is gone, then it all pops into view.

THANKS

P.S. By the way, thank you very much for everthing you do, it's amazing! You make Skyrim a better place and I am truly grateful for all you do. Be well, and I hope you have a great summer sheson! :)

Edited by mooit