DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
DynDOLOD Resources SE issue.

[Content]
Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions.

Do not modify any of the files.

Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

36 minutes ago, tachibana907 said:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
DynDOLOD Resources SE issue.

[Content]
Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions.

Do not modify any of the files.

Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 63.79 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 317.11 kB · 0 downloads

As expected, the first line of the log shows an older DynDOLOD Standalone version is being used:
DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-88 x64 - Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) (C973144D) starting session 2022-05-07 16:50:43

As explained, always use the latest version of DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha with the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources SE Alpha.

Really follow the installation instructions. https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions, especially this:
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

Remove old version first, do not unpack over old version. Always unpack into new and empty folder.

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

As expected, the first line of the log shows an older DynDOLOD Standalone version is being used:
DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-88 x64 - Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) (C973144D) starting session 2022-05-07 16:50:43

As explained, always use the latest version of DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha with the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources SE Alpha.

Really follow the installation instructions. https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions, especially this:
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

Remove old version first, do not unpack over old version. Always unpack into new and empty folder.

I delect all files of DynDOLOD and reinstall the new version, the problem have been solved.

Thanks for help!

Hi sheson, I've got another problem. This one might be related to xlodgen since I had the same problem when I was using that, so I included the lodgen log file as well.

The issue is that some generated lod meshes are losing their vertex colors at lod8 and above. I have included examples. Both levels use the same nifs for these objects so it's not that. And you can see in the lodgen log that vertex colors are enabled for each level. https://ufile.io/f/rlvdr

I noticed I am now one version behind on DynDOLOD but I didn't see anything in the changelog that looks related to this issue. Let me know if you think trying again with alpha 89 may help.

I am having problems with the Legacy of the Dragonborn and Alpha-89. The guild house and its deck would disappear when I travel back to Solitude. Sometime from a distance, the guild house does appear but when I get close enough, it would disappear. I have been upgrading Dyndolod from one version to the next for the past four months and the problem seemed to be persistent. I do create clean saves between upgrades.  I would made the clean save in the player's home in Riften. After regenerating the texture files and the output files, I load the clean save and travel to Solitude. The guild house would then appear. If I load the clean save, go outside to activate Dyndolod, go back inside, save the game, quite the game, then reload the last save, the guild house would disappear. Can you please provide any help?  Do you need any more information?

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/v15vfo7t

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://ufile.io/qv556k4q

ScreenShot0.jpg

6 hours ago, pedxingx said:

I am having problems with the Legacy of the Dragonborn and Alpha-89. The guild house and its deck would disappear when I travel back to Solitude. Sometime from a distance, the guild house does appear but when I get close enough, it would disappear. I have been upgrading Dyndolod from one version to the next for the past four months and the problem seemed to be persistent. I do create clean saves between upgrades.  I would made the clean save in the player's home in Riften. After regenerating the texture files and the output files, I load the clean save and travel to Solitude. The guild house would then appear. If I load the clean save, go outside to activate Dyndolod, go back inside, save the game, quite the game, then reload the last save, the guild house would disappear. Can you please provide any help?  Do you need any more information?

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/v15vfo7t

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://ufile.io/qv556k4q

ScreenShot0.jpg

My initial idea would be there was not enough time spend outside for all things to settle before you went inside again.

Have you tried what happens if you do this without the new DynDOLOD active? E.g. is the  guild house working properly with the clean save?
What happens if you do this in Whiterun instead?

I have tree billboards appearing within the WhiterunWorld cell while running the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 89 (screenshot here to keep my post short). I'm using Perfecter Whiterun, Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE, and Happy Little Trees.

Letting xEdit load my entire mod list and selecting Perfecter Whiterun.esp to "Apply Filter for Conflicts" shows TreePineForest01 and TreePineForest01Dead have object bounds touched by Skyrim.esm, HappyLittleTrees.esp, and Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp.

Looking at the Worldspace changes, the only other mod with conflict is USSEP for WhiterunWorld, which the Perfecter Whiterun mod page states are intentional. It looks like it's simply DATA Position/Rotation coordinate changes. Looking at each of the placed objects, I can see under XESP - Enable Parent that it is set to PlayerRef (00000014), which seems to match the answer given in the sticky post on Perfecter Whiterun about those flags helping ensure they do not get LOD generated for them.

16 hours ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Hi sheson, I've got another problem. This one might be related to xlodgen since I had the same problem when I was using that, so I included the lodgen log file as well.

The issue is that some generated lod meshes are losing their vertex colors at lod8 and above. I have included examples. Both levels use the same nifs for these objects so it's not that. And you can see in the lodgen log that vertex colors are enabled for each level. https://ufile.io/f/rlvdr

I noticed I am now one version behind on DynDOLOD but I didn't see anything in the changelog that looks related to this issue. Let me know if you think trying again with alpha 89 may help.

Test how things turn with this version of LODGenx64.exe https://mega.nz/file/9cxUjLyT#Mh6aK_lVKCuQpNYmFghj3IgRNMXHb2W7nt0WcQLUseA

37 minutes ago, ShawnTheGuitarist said:

I have tree billboards appearing within the WhiterunWorld cell while running the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 89 (screenshot here to keep my post short). I'm using Perfecter Whiterun, Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE, and Happy Little Trees.

Letting xEdit load my entire mod list and selecting Perfecter Whiterun.esp to "Apply Filter for Conflicts" shows TreePineForest01 and TreePineForest01Dead have object bounds touched by Skyrim.esm, HappyLittleTrees.esp, and Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp.

Looking at the Worldspace changes, the only other mod with conflict is USSEP for WhiterunWorld, which the Perfecter Whiterun mod page states are intentional. It looks like it's simply DATA Position/Rotation coordinate changes. Looking at each of the placed objects, I can see under XESP - Enable Parent that it is set to PlayerRef (00000014), which seems to match the answer given in the sticky post on Perfecter Whiterun about those flags helping ensure they do not get LOD generated for them.

See the first post which log and debug to upload when making posts. Always use the latest Alpha version.

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha is supposed to automatically detect trees added to the Tamriel worldspace in the areas of the walled cities and handle them automatically without having to set the enable parents in plugins or reference rules anymore. If the tree reference have enable parents set to player already then they should not have tree LOD anyhow.

What plugin is setting the enable parent for the tree in your load order for the tree from the screenshot though? When I check Perfecter Whiterun.esp  xx00401C in xEdit it doesn't have one. Though it should not need one with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-89.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

My initial idea would be there was not enough time spend outside for all things to settle before you went inside again.

Have you tried what happens if you do this without the new DynDOLOD active? E.g. is the  guild house working properly with the clean save?
What happens if you do this in Whiterun instead?

Thanks Sheson for responding to my issue.

If I deactivate DynDOLOD, the guild house will always appear.

I found simpler steps in making the guild house disappear. The guild house appears after loading the clean save. The guild house will disappear if I make another save after the clean save. It doesn't matter if the save is done indoors or outdoors, but it has to be done far away from the guild house.

I have the same problem from Whiterun.

35 minutes ago, pedxingx said:

Thanks Sheson for responding to my issue.

If I deactivate DynDOLOD, the guild house will always appear.

I found simpler steps in making the guild house disappear. The guild house appears after loading the clean save. The guild house will disappear if I make another save after the clean save. It doesn't matter if the save is done indoors or outdoors, but it has to be done far away from the guild house.

I have the same problem from Whiterun.

Can you test Dragonbridge, Morthal, Dawnstar? Maybe you can get a rough idea about the distance when it starts.

What are the SkyrimPrefs.INI [MAIN] fSkyCellRefFadeDistance and [LOD] fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell settings?

Copy/paste the line "reset": ...  from near the bottom in DynDOLOD output  skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json

2 hours ago, sheson said:

See the first post which log and debug to upload when making posts. Always use the latest Alpha version.

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha is supposed to automatically detect trees added to the Tamriel worldspace in the areas of the walled cities and handle them automatically without having to set the enable parents in plugins or reference rules anymore. If the tree reference have enable parents set to player already then they should not have tree LOD anyhow.

What plugin is setting the enable parent for the tree in your load order for the tree from the screenshot though? When I check Perfecter Whiterun.esp  xx00401C in xEdit it doesn't have one. Though it should not need one with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-89.

This is my first time using the posts, so I hope I provide everything you need. Let me know if I miss anything.

The plugin that sets the parent is Perfecter Whiterun.esp as far as I can tell. Here's a screenshot of my xEdit showing the Perfecter Whiterun.esp plugin containing the enable parent reference. I've uploaded the bugreport.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt, but strangely I couldn't find a [Worldspace]_log.txt for WhiterunWorld. I'm wondering if that might hint at a problem.

Also, I did just notice when manually looking up xx00401C that it is among several Placed Objects not flagged as conflicting, but yes those are also missing the enable parent flag. There's quite a few records like this.

Edited by ShawnTheGuitarist

20 minutes ago, ShawnTheGuitarist said:

This is my first time using the posts, so I hope I provide everything you need. Let me know if I miss anything.

The plugin that sets the parent is Perfecter Whiterun.esp as far as I can tell. Here's a screenshot of my xEdit showing the Perfecter Whiterun.esp plugin containing the enable parent reference.

I've uploaded the bugreport.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt, but strangely I couldn't find a [Worldspace]_log.txt for WhiterunWorld. I'm wondering if that might hint at a problem.

The reference from the screenshot is "deleted", so that tree full model should not show in the any worldspace and have no LOD.
If you check the reference 6100401C (the on from the screenshot) I believe you will find it doesn't have any enable parent.

Be that as it may, the log shows you are using Alpha-87. Generate LOD with Alpha-89 (install into new and empty folder), see if the problem still happens. If it does, upload log and debug log.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

The reference from the screenshot is "deleted", so that tree full model should not show in the any worldspace and have no LOD.
If you check the reference 6100401C (the on from the screenshot) I believe you will find it doesn't have any enable parent.

Be that as it may, the log shows you are using Alpha-87. Generate LOD with Alpha-89 (install into new and empty folder), see if the problem still happens. If it does, upload log and debug log.

After updating to Alpha-89 the issues could not be reproduced, so that may have been the solution.