DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Oh God, I can't run dyndolod anymore. I implemented seasons in my load order but Dyndolod fails and crash eating all my 32Gb of Ram with 4 lodgen generation simultanously

(one per season I assume) . I tried messing up with LODGenThreadSplit but didn't helped.

How can I build one lod at time to not overload my system?

Thank you 

bugreport.txt

Edited by manguz

40 minutes ago, manguz said:

Oh God, I can't run dyndolod anymore. I implemented seasons in my load order but Dyndolod fails and crash eating all my 32Gb of Ram with 4 lodgen generation simultanously

(one per season I assume) . I tried messing up with LODGenThreadSplit but didn't helped.

How can I build one lod at time to not overload my system?

Thank you 

bugreport.txt 89.36 kB · 1 download

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The bugreport.txt shows there is a problem while resizing an image. It shows DynDOLOD uses 6,58GB of memory.
Use sensible resolution settings for textures in TexGen and DynDOLOD.

Whatever the separate LODGen processes do should be irrelevant.

HI - had a really difficult thing to track down and still have no idea what to do to fix it. The Crashlog doesn't point to anything skyrim specific other than X3DAudio1_7.dll which is in the Skyrim game directory and unchanged since 2017. Running 1.5.97 btw.

Finished my game session two night ago, no issues, but wanted to add a mod and update some others. Had been waiting to update Dyndolod (3,0 alpha 65 to 73, also the resources file) so decided to do that at the time. After doing that - had a crashlog similar to the attached one - game loaded to main menu, but on attempting to start a new game -> ctd after 5 - 10 seconds (before getting into game on screen)

Not knowing what KernelBase.dll was I hit google and the game forums and found it was a Windows file - and is definitely associated with crashes. Then noticed that on my toolbar was a flag saying I needed a restart for a W10 update. Sure enough, when I checked KernelBase.dll was a file modified by the update. Contacted MS and a consultant checked what he could, even reinstalled W10 - but no changes - he agreed the file had been updated but it was verified as correct . Hmmph - then parted with the classic palm-off - "the program is incompatible with the new dll so will need to be updated".

Deactivated Dyndolod, rolled back the other mod changes - new game would start ok. Updated the mods (they were follower mods and updates of mods that add paintings to some interiors, and Veydogolt trees update) and games started ok still.

Re did TexGen and Dyndolod (after completely clearing out the old output directories) and activated them. Ctd again on start. So now I can start a game with Dyndolod deactivated, but not with it active. Game will ctd with both Dyndolod.esp and esm active or with only Dyndolod.esm active. 

Any ideas/pointers?

Debug_log.txt https://ufile.io/tdsj4ubw

Log.txt https://ufile.io/r9ssno67

NetScript Crashlog https://ufile.io/xdkx57wg

Edited by Tetrol88

6 hours ago, Tetrol88 said:

HI - had a really difficult thing to track down and still have no idea what to do to fix it. The Crashlog doesn't point to anything skyrim specific other than X3DAudio1_7.dll which is in the Skyrim game directory and unchanged since 2017. Running 1.5.97 btw.

Finished my game session two night ago, no issues, but wanted to add a mod and update some others. Had been waiting to update Dyndolod (3,0 alpha 65 to 73, also the resources file) so decided to do that at the time. After doing that - had a crashlog similar to the attached one - game loaded to main menu, but on attempting to start a new game -> ctd after 5 - 10 seconds (before getting into game on screen)

Not knowing what KernelBase.dll was I hit google and the game forums and found it was a Windows file - and is definitely associated with crashes. Then noticed that on my toolbar was a flag saying I needed a restart for a W10 update. Sure enough, when I checked KernelBase.dll was a file modified by the update. Contacted MS and a consultant checked what he could, even reinstalled W10 - but no changes - he agreed the file had been updated but it was verified as correct . Hmmph - then parted with the classic palm-off - "the program is incompatible with the new dll so will need to be updated".

Deactivated Dyndolod, rolled back the other mod changes - new game would start ok. Updated the mods (they were follower mods and updates of mods that add paintings to some interiors, and Veydogolt trees update) and games started ok still.

Re did TexGen and Dyndolod (after completely clearing out the old output directories) and activated them. Ctd again on start. So now I can start a game with Dyndolod deactivated, but not with it active. Game will ctd with both Dyndolod.esp and esm active or with only Dyndolod.esm active. 

Any ideas/pointers?

Debug_log.txt https://ufile.io/tdsj4ubw

Log.txt https://ufile.io/r9ssno67

NetScript Crashlog https://ufile.io/xdkx57wg

X3DAudio1_7.dll is not a native game DLL? Is it from a mod? Have you tried removing the mod?

The only relationship would be copied records linking to music or sound in a DynDOLOD plugin.

One would expect records related to sound show up in the crash log.

What you also can see ion the log is "Cannot open file" and references to the virtualfile system usvfs_x64.dll from MO. Check its logs, too.
It is not really clear what file can not be found. Check the window event log if there are message in the time frame.

CTD on start means starting the game?

Fix the HITME errors in L'Auberge.esp or remove the plugin https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME
Clean the dirty plugins that have deleted references https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference
Generate billboards for the current load with TexGen first. Do not install/use third party billboards.

Upload bugreport.txt if it exists.

Make sure DynDOLOD was generated from scratch for the current load order.
Remove all other files but the esm from the output to see if it still CTDs. Then remove only the esm to make sure the problem is gone without it.
If that is the case, make a backup and remove half the wordspace/cell/references records from it.
If it still crash make a new backup. If it doesn't crash use the backup and remove the other half of records.
Continue until you have a single reference/cell/worldspace record left that causes the CTD.

If it still happens without any worldspace/cell/references records, start removing the base records in the same manner.

Hey there, so i have not been able to use ANY version past 65 over the past few weeks or month....ver 65 works great though.

i keep getting this exception message  : Range check error.

i did a search on here, i didn't see any msg's that helped.

any advice is appreciated, thanks. ( was using xLODGen ver 70 and latest resources ofc. )

bugreport.txt

10 minutes ago, ex0-tekk said:

Hey there, so i have not been able to use ANY version past 65 over the past few weeks or month....ver 65 works great though.

i keep getting this exception message  : Range check error.

i did a search on here, i didn't see any msg's that helped.

any advice is appreciated, thanks. ( was using xLODGen ver 70 and latest resources ofc. )

bugreport.txt 37.61 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta version is 90. It is not relevant here.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

X3DAudio1_7.dll is not a native game DLL? Is it from a mod? Have you tried removing the mod?

The only relationship would be copied records linking to music or sound in a DynDOLOD plugin.

One would expect records related to sound show up in the crash log.

What you also can see ion the log is "Cannot open file" and references to the virtualfile system usvfs_x64.dll from MO. Check its logs, too.
It is not really clear what file can not be found. Check the window event log if there are message in the time frame.

CTD on start means starting the game?

Fix the HITME errors in L'Auberge.esp or remove the plugin https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME
Clean the dirty plugins that have deleted references https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference
Generate billboards for the current load with TexGen first. Do not install/use third party billboards.

Upload bugreport.txt if it exists.

Make sure DynDOLOD was generated from scratch for the current load order.
Remove all other files but the esm from the output to see if it still CTDs. Then remove only the esm to make sure the problem is gone without it.
If that is the case, make a backup and remove half the wordspace/cell/references records from it.
If it still crash make a new backup. If it doesn't crash use the backup and remove the other half of records.
Continue until you have a single reference/cell/worldspace record left that causes the CTD.

If it still happens without any worldspace/cell/references records, start removing the base records in the same manner.

Thanks for that, will start working through that - almost all of the various logs you mention are actually unknown to me, so will have to find them. What I can answer ->

CTD was explained - reaches main menu, ctd occurs 5 - 10 seconds after starting "New" game prior to the game reaching the opening scene (for me in the cell of ASLAL)

No bugreport.txt was generated

Dyndolod was generated from scratch for the current load order.

X3DAudio1_7.dll is only found in two places on my PC - in the Windows directory, last change dated 2010 and in the core Skyrim directory, I suspect as part of the Skyrim installation, about twice the size and last changed 2017 (prior to me having Skyrim)

Anyway - off to work through your list

14 minutes ago, Tetrol88 said:

Thanks for that, will start working through that - almost all of the various logs you mention are actually unknown to me, so will have to find them. What I can answer ->

CTD was explained - reaches main menu, ctd occurs 5 - 10 seconds after starting "New" game prior to the game reaching the opening scene (for me in the cell of ASLAL)

No bugreport.txt was generated

Dyndolod was generated from scratch for the current load order.

X3DAudio1_7.dll is only found in two places on my PC - in the Windows directory, last change dated 2010 and in the core Skyrim directory, I suspect as part of the Skyrim installation, about twice the size and last changed 2017 (prior to me having Skyrim)

Anyway - off to work through your list

X3DAudio1_7.dll is part of the DirectX installation in the Windows folders.

The default Skyrim installation does not have X3DAudio1_7.dll AFAIK. Remove it, see what happens.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

X3DAudio1_7.dll is part of the DirectX installation in the Windows folders.

The default Skyrim installation does not have X3DAudio1_7.dll AFAIK. Remove it, see what happens.

Thanks again - X3DAudio1_7.dll was placed by a manually installed mod "Binaural 3D Sound for Headphones" - so I had forgotten about it as it wasn't appearing on my mod list. Removing it and game loaded through to start ok (repeatable) - with the existing Dyndolod build too -  odd (to me) that the issue only showed up when Dyndolod was loaded when it was a dll operating with or without it. A combination of the W10 update, an incompatible dll and somehow only triggered when Dyndolod active. 

and I have cleaned up those deleted references etc as well - that didn't change the game loading ctds for me, but still better to have cleaned them.

DynDOLOD semi-randomly fails to generate meshes with out of memory error (even though RAM usage is around 50%), and uses 100% of CPU (had to forcefully disable 4 cores for dyndolod process). I'm using newest alpha 73, it wasn't a thing on previous versions.

I will upload logs as soon as DynDOLOD completes generating LOD that doesn't throws out of memory exception.

https://ufile.io/f/9tasc
At least a few meshes failed making output unusable.

2nd attempt with changed ini threads settings failed again

Screenshot-2.png

Edited by Admiral30

8 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

DynDOLOD semi-randomly fails to generate meshes with out of memory error (even though RAM usage is around 50%), and uses 100% of CPU (had to forcefully disable 4 cores for dyndolod process). I'm using newest alpha 73, it wasn't a thing on previous versions.

I will upload logs as soon as DynDOLOD completes generating LOD that doesn't throws out of memory exception.

https://ufile.io/f/9tasc
At least a few meshes failed making output unusable.

2nd attempt with changed ini threads settings failed again

Screenshot-2.png

Do not post screenshots of text. Post the text/log instead.

Why is using 100% CPU a problem?

Let the OS handle virtual memory with default settings.

Set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

Start DynDOLOD with  -memory command line argument.

If none of this helps, generate only Occlusion in a separate session.

1 hour ago, SparklingSliver said:

this is my first time using DynDOLOD and it gave me this error when I tried to generate the first two lods following the Open Cities installation step

Access violation at address 000000000100AB43 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'.
Read of address 0000000000000000.

this is my bug report & log txt. thank yoU!

Clean dirty plugins with deleted references, like Kynes Hunt - Quest for Chanterelle.esp, mini gardens.esp, stonhenge + hilltops.esp, NoBrokenWhiterunTower.esp, True Forest of riverwood.esp etc. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

Fix or remove broken plugins with HITME errors like loftattic.esp  https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

Fix Unresolved FormID errors in loftattic.esp  https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID

Fix/remove duplicate worldspace problem with Undriel_FallingGildergreenPetals.esp. Might be a botched conversion to light plugin.

Use latest version of Flying Crows SSE 1.2 that does not contain meshes\crow\flyingcrow_lod.nif but contains mesh rule INI for DynDOLOD.

If the problem still happens afterwards, upload new bugreport, log and debug log.

13 hours ago, Tetrol88 said:

Thanks again - X3DAudio1_7.dll was placed by a manually installed mod "Binaural 3D Sound for Headphones" - so I had forgotten about it as it wasn't appearing on my mod list. Removing it and game loaded through to start ok (repeatable) - with the existing Dyndolod build too -  odd (to me) that the issue only showed up when Dyndolod was loaded when it was a dll operating with or without it. A combination of the W10 update, an incompatible dll and somehow only triggered when Dyndolod active. 

and I have cleaned up those deleted references etc as well - that didn't change the game loading ctds for me, but still better to have cleaned them.

It probably has to do with a copied record from another plugin.

It would be good to find out what it is by doing the binary search troubleshooting I explained earlier.