DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

Why do you believe this CTD has anything to do with the DynDOLOD Resources or especially that version?

Do you also have generated DynDOLOD output activated when this happens?

Obviously when generating grass cache there is no need or reason for DynDOLOD Resources or any generated TexGen or DynDOLOD output to be active.

Generating grass cache should happen before generating or installing any LOD with DynDOLOD.

I'm sorry, DynDOLOD Resources isn't the culprit. I didn't have any generated LOD in my load order - I know that needs to be done after precaching grass.

Either way, even when it's deactivated, I'm still getting the same crash loop and crash log. And I can't pinpoint what it's referring to. I assumed it's DynDOLOD Resources because it's the only mod that has mlos_lantern meshes in its files.

I don't know what to do now. Except start to deactivate mods one by one until grass cache does its thing successfully. And possibly destroy my load order in the process... Never mind, I should probably take this to NGIO page.

8 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

I'm sorry, DynDOLOD Resources isn't the culprit. I didn't have any generated LOD in my load order - I know that needs to be done after precaching grass.

Either way, even when it's deactivated, I'm still getting the same crash loop and crash log. And I can't pinpoint what it's referring to. I assumed it's DynDOLOD Resources because it's the only mod that has mlos_lantern meshes in its files.

I don't know what to do now. Except start to deactivate mods one by one until grass cache does its thing successfully. And possibly destroy my load order in the process... Never mind, I should probably take this to NGIO page.

Search every *.NIF in the data folder (and the in the BSAs) for the text "MLOS_lantern_11_anim".

22 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Confirmed with Alpha-69, which is the latest I've used since 65. Can't keep up with all the updates :)

Thanks for confirming the fix worked.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

Search every *.NIF in the data folder (and the in the BSAs) for the text "MLOS_lantern_11_anim".

Thank you sheson! :dance: I searched through .nif files and found it! It was actually packed in BSA, the latest mod I had installed - Lux Via. One of the lanterns has this BSFadeNode value. I'll report it to GGUNIT.

Edit: Looks like someone already beat me to it, it was a simultaneous discovery.

Edited by Katarsi

56 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

https://streamable.com/8dujej

Z-fighting goes away once dyndolod is disabled. That doesn't mean that dyndolod is the problem here, but it's definitely related to generated lod. Not large reference error, setting that skyrimprefs ini option to 5 changed nothing. Any clues what it can be?

Read the first post what log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Use tf to get close see if you can make out what it actually is.

Are there waterfalls in that area? If that is the case what mod are those waterfalls from.

Was the terrain underside generated?
Did you use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes?

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Use tf to get close see if you can make out what it actually is.

Was the terrain underside generated?
Did you use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes?

Logs https://ufile.io/f/egazl

Used texgen then dyndolod.

No flickering after getting closer. Just a regular waterfall.

Screen-Shot180.png

Screen-Shot181.png

38 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Logs https://ufile.io/f/egazl

Used texgen then dyndolod.

No flickering after getting closer. Just a regular waterfall.

Screen-Shot180.png

Screen-Shot181.png

So Water for ENB waterfalls.

See if there is a change if you increase object LOD 4 distance fBlockLevel0Distance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM.

When making screenshots of things, open console and click the object to show the form id, so I know where to look.

For now you could try changing the mesh mask rule for "fxwaterfallbody" and set LOD Level 4 to None and then generate LOD with that to see if the problem goes away.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

See if there is a change if you increase object LOD 4 distance fBlockLevel0Distance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM.

When making screenshots of things, open console and click the object to show the form id, so I know where to look.

For now you could try changing the mesh mask rule for "fxwaterfallbody" and set LOD Level 4 to None and then generate LOD with that to see if the problem goes away.

Right I forgot waterfalls are also targetable. FXWaterfallBodyTall.nif, 000FC85E

No changes after increasting fBlockLevel0Distance, even to max.

Might be issue with Water for ENB, but regenerating LOD with active save game is not the most trivial task so I wanted to ask someone who knows things first. Also asked author about it in the comments.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Btw, I managed to get IDs of LOD with tfc command. The closer I get, the less flickering, no flickering up close.

Screenshot-6.png

Screenshot-7.png

So far it seems Water for ENB itself works fine, issue is with generated LOD.

Edited by Admiral30

It appears that for some reason I still crash on the recent update, even adding renderthreads=1 in TexGen_sse.ini still made me crash in update 73 (For some reason it shows up as Update 72 in TexGen?)  However I am happy to say that adding RenderContexts=1 worked for me this time around. (It even saved me 1 minute of generating textures...nice) Will update this once DynDOLOD finishes. 

*dyndolod finished in 21 vs 29 &31......nice man good job*

Running SE, DynDOLOD 3.0 - Alpha 69.
I've been getting the consistent message in the top left corner "DynDOLOD can not find master data inside DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld" whenever I'm in Whiterun, similarly in Riften I get "DynDOLOD can not find master data inside DynDOLOD_RiftenWorld". I realize this very error is listed in the FAQ, but following its directions I still can't solve this.

From the DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt I can see that my version of PapyrusUtil is up to date with Version: 3.9, Game Version: 1.5.97, as well as my version of SKSE64 Version: 2.0.17.
From the MCM I see the string of letters and numbers for the ESM and ESP match that of DynDOLOD_Worlds.json, but DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld.json only has N/A beneath it. Looking in the DynDOLOD_Output/skse/plugins/StorageUtilData confirms that there is no such DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld.json file.

I've made sure that PapyrusUtil SE is the bottom most version of PapyrusUtil.dll and is not being overwritten by any other mod's packaged PapyrusUtil such as with Simply Knock SKSE64 DLL.
Rerunning DynDOLOD and replacing the DynDOLOD_Output still does not fix this error, can anybody help me?

13 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

Right I forgot waterfalls are also targetable. FXWaterfallBodyTall.nif, 000FC85E

No changes after increasting fBlockLevel0Distance, even to max.

Might be issue with Water for ENB, but regenerating LOD with active save game is not the most trivial task so I wanted to ask someone who knows things first. Also asked author about it in the comments.

Keep DynDOLOD and its plugins active in the load order when starting DynDOLOD. Make the mesh mask change and generate object LOD for Tamriel only. Then install as a second mod in MO2 that overwrites the older DynDOLOD output mod. If result is fine you can merge them.

I will have to check the distance between the static and animated LOD waterfalls and optimize them for the next Resources version.

Please upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

12 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

Btw, I managed to get IDs of LOD with tfc command. The closer I get, the less flickering, no flickering up close.

Screenshot-6.png

Screenshot-7.png

So far it seems Water for ENB itself works fine, issue is with generated LOD.

I would rather need to know the form id and extra information about the full models.

Are you using any other mods in addition to Water for ENB that might modify the waterfalls or their LOD models, for example anything from Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB?

Any mods overwriting DynDOLOD Resources?

3 hours ago, zhuabaobao said:

God, may I ask, how should I set to avoid this seam, it has troubled me for a long time, and this grass, no matter how the color is adjusted, it is always white 

FSQ5@%LVFJ{V_(JPX@G07NW.png

QQ图片20220215142423.png

Seems like a strong ENB image based lighting effect. See what happens if you disable it or lower its numbers.

If the grass LOD billboards look fine in color and brightness, keep lowering GrassBrightnessTop* or GrassBrightnessBottom* as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.